Morristown East vs Powell - 1st Round

osunut2

Let's try and get away from the Dy'shawn Mobley talk. Obviously, he's out Friday night. I heard that DE Austin Benson is out this week, but might be able to start next week, if Powell gets the win. HTV, how is Darian Logan's hand healing up?

What are your thoughts/predictions on this matchup?

Edited by osunut2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try and get away from the Dy'shawn Mobley talk. Obviously, he's out Friday night. I heard that DE Austin Benson is out this week, but might be able to start next week, if Powell gets the win. HTV, how is Darian Logan's hand healing up?

East will make a game out of it they are alot better than Clinton and Bobcats...lol I say with all the distractions this could help or hurt a team and they way powell has been playing of late I say this will be a huge upset with east beating Powell 21 to 17

Edited by Space3

East will make a game out of it they are alot better than Clinton and Bobcats...lol I say with all the distractions this could help or hurt a team and they way powell has been playing of late I say this will be a huge upset with east beating Powell 21 to 17

Gutsy pick. If Powell were playing a tougher opponent, I'd probably pick them to lose this week, considering the way they've been playing lately combined with the Mobley distraction. However, the Hurricanes have had their own offensive struggles the last few weeks. I'm picking Powell, 28-14.

I am going out on a limb. I think Morristown East has the ability to win this game. Not because Powell is missing a player but because Morristown East is a good team and they do not quit. Plus they are hungry too. They would very much like to get a rematch with either Anderson County or cross-town Rival Morristown West of which both games were close. A message to Morristown East: Beware of scoreatwill. He has and will be scouting you all week. He is a professional and knows what he is doing. So try and come up with something different or at least close your gates when you practice. LOL I am so serious!!!!

Morristown East in the Upset of the Year 28-21!

Mo East is 5-5...i wouldnt say they are "alot" better than Clinton and Central. Powell wins big! 35-7

..Where are u HTV?

I'm around, just watching and getting a bit of a chuckle out of all of the misinformation out there and those who claim they have all the facts. :thumb:

On the game itself, I haven't seen any game tape of M'Town East since they played Fulton early in the year. I should see some recent tape later on today so I will have a better feel for things.

Powell will be fine. They are focused and getting ready to play. Nobody is taking East lightly.

I have seen mo. east play and they have 2 or 3 really good players but thats it. If Powell is as good as advertised this should be a cakewalk.

It depends if Powell gets out of the funk there in. Powell should have killed Clinton and Bobcats but didnt. Does the real Powell come to play Friday????? We will see but like I said with all the distractions I say east pulls this one out in a huge upset I hope I am wrong.... Because If AC beats MW .... I think that game will be a close one by the way..lol. I would love to see the rematch of AC and Powell (if it happens) who ever wins that one I hope they win the state.....

It depends if Powell gets out of the funk there in. Powell should have killed Clinton and Bobcats but didnt. Does the real Powell come to play Friday????? We will see but like I said with all the distractions I say east pulls this one out in a huge upset I hope I am wrong.... Because If AC beats MW .... I think that game will be a close one by the way..lol. I would love to see the rematch of AC and Powell (if it happens) who ever wins that one I hope they win the state.....

The Clinton game was a tale of two halves. When Clinton decided to start Patrick at QB, Powell had a really tough time figuring out how to defend him out of the shotgun (there was zero film on him at QB). In the second half, Powell adjusted and the Dragons didn't score again. The Powell offense looked pretty good from start to finish in that game, so I'm not worried about that performance.

The Central game is my biggest concern. Blanc was healthy, and he looked great against the Powell defense (losing DE Austin Benson on the first play didn't help), but the offense seemed to struggle, for whatever reason. I'm sure the week off helped get the team refocused and healthier, I just hope that the distraction with Dy'shawn Mobley doesn't negatively effect them.

Edited by osunut2

The Clinton game was a tale of two halves. When Clinton decided to start Patrick at QB, Powell had a really tough time figuring out how to defend him out of the shotgun (there was zero film on him at QB). In the second half, Powell adjusted and the Dragons didn't score again. The Powell offense looked pretty good from start to finish in that game, so I'm not worried about that performance.

The Central game is my biggest concern. Blanc was healthy, and he looked great against the Powell defense (losing DE Austin Benson on the first play didn't help), but the offense seemed to struggle, for whatever reason. I'm sure the week off helped get the team refocused and healthier, I just hope that the distraction with Dy'shawn Mobley doesn't negatively effect them.

Powell has a hard time throwing the football and if you load the box and make them throw the ball to beat you they will struggle...they want to run the ball on the perimeter and when you do not allow them to do that they struggle...the QB is the key and everyone else are just role players!

On the Mobley front...Powell people need to quit hiding the so called information that is so different from what has been said on this board!

Powell has a hard time throwing the football and if you load the box and make them throw the ball to beat you they will struggle...they want to run the ball on the perimeter and when you do not allow them to do that they struggle...the QB is the key and everyone else are just role players!

On the Mobley front...Powell people need to quit hiding the so called information that is so different from what has been said on this board!

I'd love to be able to tell you what's going on, but I don't have all of the facts.