APPROVED BATS FOR 2011

PCROWELL

Having a son that pitches I would prefer wood no matter what the cost.

I have seen the BBCOR bats in action numerous times. They are almost like hitting with a wood bat that wont break. These bats are going to help pitchers in more ways than one, the ball wont come back at them going 110 mph and its gonna be harder for the hitters to get hits.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen the BBCOR bats in action numerous times. They are almost like hitting with a wood bat that wont break. These bats are going to help pitchers in more ways than one, the ball wont come back at them going 110 mph and its gonna be harder for the hitters to get hits.

Agreed. It should have been this way all along. The real hitters will still hit anyway, but it will be a lot safer for the pitchers. It's a good move, that is overdue IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this from Gene Menees from the TSSAA.....

DATE: October 2010

TO: Athletic Directors and Baseball Coaches

SUBJECT: Legal Composite Baseball Bats

These composite bats have been ruled legal by the NFHS. TSSAA has

also decided to allow these bats to be used since they have met the NFHS

requirements for legal bats beginning this baseball season.

This is the list of legal composite bats as of October 14th.

All bats have the -3.

DeMarini

CFB10 Length 31, 32, 33, 34

CFB11

Vendetta

VCB10 Length 31, 32, 33, 34

VCB11

Combat

Back AB1 Length 31, 32, 33, 34

Combat

B1AB2 Length 31, 32, 33, 34

B1AB2 – R Length 31, 32, 33, 34

Louisville Slugger

CBXD Length 31, 32, 33, 34

CBXT Length 31, 32, 33, 34

Do I understand that this year in high school they can use the bats listed, with the BESR sticker, but in 2012 they all have to have the BBCORE sticker on the bat to be legal in high school play, like the NCAA this year (2011).

Only the listed composite bats are allowed, regardless of BESR sticker. My understanding is that all non-composite bats with BESR stickers are allowed. Next year, BCOR stickers will be required on all legal bats.

Only the listed composite bats are allowed, regardless of BESR sticker. My understanding is that all non-composite bats with BESR stickers are allowed. Next year, BCOR stickers will be required on all legal bats.

Thats how I heard it as well. In 2012 composite, alloy, composite wood, everything but real wood, will have to have a bbcore sticker on it. No grandfather clause apparently.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all!

That is a very small list! In the readers of this forum opinion is this the first step in making high school baseball players use wood?

Do you think we will start seeing lawsuits from baseball bat manufacturers that didn't make the list?

BTW does anyone want to buy a drop 3 Easton SV12? lol!!

It's my understanding that the Easton SV12's are approved, Tennessee Baseball Report also has a list of approved bats.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this the other day:

DATE: January 20, 2011

TO: Athletic Directors and Head Baseball Coaches

SUBJECT: Legal Baseball Bats

As a reminder for the 2011 high school baseball season, legal bats can come from 1 of 3 categories:

1) Bats that have BESR permanently stamped on the barrel

2) Bats that have BBCOR permanently stamped on the barrel

3) Composite bats that are listed on our website

Any bat within 1 of these 3 groups is legal for the 2011 baseball year.

DATE: January 24, 2011

This is an explanation of the memo that was sent on January 20.

Any composite bat that is legal must be on the list that is on our website (tssaa.org).

BESR and BBCOR pertains only to aluminum bats.

Just got this the other day:

DATE: January 20, 2011

As a reminder for the 2011 high school baseball season, legal bats can come from 1 of 3 categories:

1) Bats that have BESR permanently stamped on the barrel

2) Bats that have BBCOR permanently stamped on the barrel

3) Composite bats that are listed on our website

Any bat within 1 of these 3 groups is legal for the 2011 baseball year.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard how the college teams that are already playing feel about the bbcor bats they are using. I went and watched my alma mater Cumberland University play today against St.Francis, the bbcor's are quite a bit different. The majority of players on Cumberland were using the bbcor Easton Surge and bbcor Easton Rival. The St. Francis team was using mostly the Demarini Voodoo bbcore and the TPX Omaha. The Easton Surge sounded pretty much like a wood bat, couple of balls hit by CU I thought for sure were gone just came up short. No doubt if it had been last year they would have been gone. One player on CU did hit one out with the Easton Surge and it had a good sound and it appeared pretty good pop. The Demarini Voodoo sounded the best and the ball seem to come off of it pretty well also. IF I was having to pic a bbcor bat right now for my son, for the price, the Rival would be hard to beat. The Voodoo by far had the best "metallic" sound though. Thought it was interesting, it was my first game with all bbcor bats. I just wished they would all go wood. lol.....Oh CU won both games and are 4-0 right now.