Prayers for PageMan

CoachT

Pageman has been an active supporter of many High School Activities but none more than his beloved Page High School. This will slow the man down somewhat and the recouperating period along with the rehab will likely not be pleasant. I think I can speak for all of the fans of CoachT, who are also fans of the man with the white beard and the Page Tee Shirts, The whole STATE is waiting for your return to posting and giving each of us that special commentary and insight to the things you love. Also, if it is possible, a way to send the man a special card or email with some thoughts would be good at some point. There is likely not many people that have thrown themselves into their school as this man has.

He is likely thougtht of as a legend in his own time. At least many of us think of him as such.

Edited by PHargis

Latest Update by email: He’s out of surgery and the doctors said it went well. They put in a plate and some pins in his hip area. Right now, they’re trying to lower his blood sugar. After he recoups a little more, they will also be checking his ankle. Not the way we wanted to get him to the doctors, but I’m glad he’s there. If you want to send flowers, etc, he is (at least for now) at

Vanderbilt Hospital

c/o William Tunstall

1211 Medical Center Drive

North Tower, Room 6443

Nashville, TN 37232

I took some time today to go by Vanderbilt Hospital and Pageman had changed rooms for some very good reasons. Yes, he did break his pelvis and when someone goes to the hospital at age 58 and maybe not have been checked for some time, working thru all of the tests and getting checked out, the "tune up" sometimes takes some time. it is and will take some time. Not getting thru all of the details, "The Man" is a fighter. He does need your prayers and thoughts. The true merit of a mans worth and character has to do with how he handles crisis in his life. If I enumerated all of the things he faced right now, few of us could face the pressure. He says he may get out of the hospital this weekend. I hope so if it is for his best interest.

He talked about his time at the State Tournament. He doesn't need visitors for long. He does need cards and thoughts. His fall was a four foot fall off of his porch at 3:00 in the morning while he was by hinself. His daughter was with him in the hospital. The address to send cards, etc, is the same as CoachT had posted except the Room Number is 5012. As always, William is in control of his situation but this is one time that he is going to have to relinquish some of that control to a higher being and allow the medical profession to be in charge of his care. All of this will take some time.

Numerous fans, parents ex-players from a lot of sports, etc, have asked about "The Man" and have to the person asked how they might help since it has become evident that Pageman will be "out of Pocket" for some time. Since many of these are in the Page Booster Club, a thought might be for the Club to start a fund, a committee to disperse funds, and a bank account that those who might like to donate something might do so. This booster club, as are so many, is very strong and will best know some temporary needs. If this might seem something that would be helpful, please post this on this site. It would be better than flowers.

• 1 month later...

Announcements