Greeneville Vs. Fulton Round 2

DevilMan03

Who Wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Why would Greeneville want to drop down to 3A? The road to Cookeville is much easier through 4A. 3A football is much tougher than 4A. Look for Elizabethton to play in 4A when they redo classifications two years from. To try and answer your question, classifications were done based on enrollment from two years ago, not this year. The enrollments from schools are going to change from year to year. I remember, and Coach Shawn Jones won't let us forget in every interview he does, that South Greene was the smallest 3A school in the state when they redid the classification. Expect some things to change in two more years regarding classification.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I didn't realize that Greeneville would not want to play 3A if that's their correct division. With their enrollment being so close to Elizabethton's I just didn't understand the difference in classifications. I still wish I knew the enrollment parameters that determine classification. And if it's true that 4A is an easier division than 3A, that's just bizarre! To be the best you have to beat the best, right? One would assume that with more students/athletes to choose from, you would be able to field a stronger team, but that must not be the case, huh?

Thanks for the answers. I guess I didn't realize that Greeneville would not want to play 3A if that's their correct division. With their enrollment being so close to Elizabethton's I just didn't understand the difference in classifications. I still wish I knew the enrollment parameters that determine classification. And if it's true that 4A is an easier division than 3A, that's just bizarre! To be the best you have to beat the best, right? One would assume that with more students/athletes to choose from, you would be able to field a stronger team, but that must not be the case, huh?

TSSAA will not tell the cut-off in advance. It does change based upon the number of schools at each level. Greeneville could end up in 3A and South Greene could drop to 2A. We don't know.

Was Terrell ejected? Is it one game or two for football? I think one?

Thanks for the answers. I guess I didn't realize that Greeneville would not want to play 3A if that's their correct division. With their enrollment being so close to Elizabethton's I just didn't understand the difference in classifications. I still wish I knew the enrollment parameters that determine classification. And if it's true that 4A is an easier division than 3A, that's just bizarre!

Have you heard of Alcoa?

Hey Grad 58-13 Jus Sayin :thumb:

Impressive statement for the Devils. I guess the Falcons now know how good they are. Stared slow offensively but I think the Falcons front was definitely the best the Devils have seen this year. They just wore down in the end. As for Rollins, he was ejected and that means he will miss the next game. Greeneville could appeal to TSSAA, but I doubt they'll listen.

Impressive statement for the Devils. I guess the Falcons now know how good they are. Stared slow offensively but I think the Falcons front was definitely the best the Devils have seen this year. They just wore down in the end. As for Rollins, he was ejected and that means he will miss the next game. Greeneville could appeal to TSSAA, but I doubt they'll listen.

Rel Did NOTHING tho thats just it!

Gavin will do fine but with a rushing Gibbs next week we cld use Rel.

But I'm Sure the Devils will have No problem with Gibbs.

I thought Rell got hosed on that one too...

Edited by barb

I wish I had a video of the situation with Rel. One or two plays before, I think it was the same Fulton player who took exception to Thornton's rough tackle of a Fulton player. He came up and slung Thorton off. The ref talked to him instead of throwing a flag. If he throws that flag, the fight doesn't happen (IMHO). I was in the top row and I could hear Caine's "Pitiful" when he got the explanation from the ref.