Lawrence County @ Tullahoma

purple75gold

Tough first round for Lawrence County. Tullahoma had a first round warm-up. What happens in the rematch?

Your guess is as good as mine who will win the rematch. Its hard to beat the same team twice in one season, especially if they are a good team like Lawrence Co. Tullahoma will be at home and may be a little more versatile than Lawrence Co and has more team speed. Lawrence Co has a great defense and Trent Garland. It should be a great game and I hope we have warmer weather next Friday night. Congratulations to Lawrence Co for the win over a good Cleveland team. You represented District 8AAA well.

Okay, Binns. Here is my number crunching for this game. Again, this is based solely upon common opponents. No emotions or off-field factors are involved. And, don't let the previous meeting between these teams fool you. The line for this game is Tullahoma -10. The over/under is 50. My prediction is T-Town wins 31-17. Again, this is not to be taken seriously. However, if I hit this one like I did White County, I may do this for a living. :thumb:

Okay, Binns. Here is my number crunching for this game. Again, this is based solely upon common opponents. No emotions or off-field factors are involved. And, don't let the previous meeting between these teams fool you. The line for this game is Tullahoma -10. The over/under is 50. My prediction is T-Town wins 31-17. Again, this is not to be taken seriously. However, if I hit this one like I did White County, I may do this for a living. :thumb:

OK Kev......very amusing!! I would have to honestly say you might need to keep the everyday job becasue I don't think your "number crunching" game will be quite so amusing next week when you are crunching the LCHS/Knox Catholic game.

Edited by fballfan101

OK Kev......very amusing!! I would have to honestly say you might need to keep the everyday job becasue I don't think your "number crunching" game will be quite so amusing next week when you are crunching the LCHS/Knox Catholic game.

Aww, come on! It's just all in good fun. So, what is your prediction? And, if you don't mind, explain your method. You got to admit, my White County numbers were "Dead on balls accurate. It's a technical term."(My Cousin Vinny)LOL :roflol: And, I did use the proper amount of torqueage.

Edited by DebowsDad
  • Upvote 1

Tullahoma still has many plays and sets we haven't used and I'm sure we'll come up with something different, but so will Lawrence Co. If Tullahoma could get the early lead and force Lawrence Co into something they aren't comfortable doing, the Cats might have a chance. Thats easier said than done. The long range forecast calls for possible rain on Friday which should favor Lawrence Co as they play well in the mud.

Tullahoma still has many plays and sets we haven't used and I'm sure we'll come up with something different, but so will Lawrence Co. If Tullahoma could get the early lead and force Lawrence Co into something they aren't comfortable doing, the Cats might have a chance. Thats easier said than done. The long range forecast calls for possible rain on Friday which should favor Lawrence Co as they play well in the mud.

Binns.....again I feel as if you are dead on! I have seen Tullahoma play multiple time this year and the two best games I have seen them play was the Columbia/LCHS

games. Tullahoma has many sets but the ones they ran against LCHS was obviously perfect. The question is, can they get the early lead? I feel for them to win the game that is a must! They have to put LCHS in an uncomfortable position! I for one thought a couple big plays and some timely penalties was the difference in the first matchup. The score could have easliy been 20-21 as it was 27-7.

LCHS on the other hand must not give up the big plays to Tullahoma. The defense played well but gave up the big play. They have to keep the score low and play their game. LCHS's offense must have better middle line play and not give up penetration. They must also figure out the weakness of the T'town defense. Against Shelbyville it was a lead blocker just off tackle. They didn't like taking that hit.

I really feel as if Tullahoma might have this warm fuzzy feeling about this game since they won easily on the scoreboard and this could be disasterous for them. I also feel as if the LCHS bunch will be studying and studying some more! These are two very good teams and I look for something special next Friday! LCHS will be looking for a little payback but Tullahoma will be at home. To close to call!! If it rains though, wether or not that has anything to do with whats happening on the field, it will absolutely give LCHS the mental edge! They don't call themselves the MUDCATS for nothing! :popcorneater:

Edited by District8AAA

Aww, come on! It's just all in good fun. So, what is your prediction? And, if you don't mind, explain your method. You got to admit, my White County numbers were "Dead on balls accurate. It's a technical term."(My Cousin Vinny)LOL :roflol: And, I did use the proper amount of torqueage.

I know it's all in fun!! My prediction is LCHS 28-17. I don't have any numbers crunching methods, it's just my gut feeling! I feel as is the LCHS bunch learned a lot from that loss and it appeared they started using that hard learned lesson last week. I look for a different team come Friday night! Thats all I have. No crystal ball, no computer program, just a deep down gut feeling that our young men didn't bring their best game the last time they played yall and they will use this second chance to turn the tables!

Edited by fballfan101

Binns.....again I feel as if you are dead on! I have seen Tullahoma play multiple time this year and the two best games I have seen them play was the Columbia/LCHS

games. Tullahoma has many sets but the ones they ran against LCHS was obviously perfect. The question is, can they get the early lead? I feel for them to win the game that is a must! They have to put LCHS in an uncomfortable position! I for one thought a couple big plays and some timely penalties was the difference in the first matchup. The score could have easliy been 20-21 as it was 27-7.

LCHS on the other hand must not give up the big plays to Tullahoma. The defense played well but gave up the big play. They have to keep the score low and play their game. LCHS's offense must have better middle line play and not give up penetration. They must also figure out the weakness of the T'town defense. Against Shelbyville it was a lead blocker just off tackle. They didn't like taking that hit.

I really feel as if Tullahoma might have this warm fuzzy feeling about this game since they won easily on the scoreboard and this could be disasterous for them. I also feel as if the LCHS bunch will be studying and studying some more! These are two very good teams and I look for something special next Friday! LCHS will be looking for a little payback but Tullahoma will be at home. To close to call!! If it rains though, wether or not that has anything to do with whats happening on the field, it will absolutely give LCHS the mental edge! They don't call themselves the MUDCATS for nothing! :popcorneater:

I can assure you there is no warm and fuzzy feeling about the game in this house. Mine is just as serious if not more than the first time. I just hope the rest of the team is the same way. Personally, I don't think the coaches will have it any other way. I think the Shelbyville game taught us a huge lesson.

I know it's all in fun!! My prediction is LCHS 28-17. I don't have any numbers crunching methods, it's just my gut feeling! I feel as is the LCHS bunch learned a lot from that loss and it appeared they started using that hard learned lesson last week. I look for a different team come Friday night! Thats all I have. No crystal ball, no computer program, just a deep down gut feeling that our young men didn't bring their best game the last time they played yall and they will use this second chance to turn the tables!

Well, I hope it was just something you ate. You're only giving us 17 pts!? Talk about no respect. The numbers say: T-Town has scored at least 21 pts in every game and LC has given up 61 in its last 2 games. As far as LC scoring 28, that is in the realm of possibilities. It all depends on which Tullahoma defense decides to show up. But, who knows? It's the playoffs. Anything can happen. :wacko:

Well, I hope it was just something you ate. You're only giving us 17 pts!? Talk about no respect. The numbers say: T-Town has scored at least 21 pts in every game and LC has given up 61 in its last 2 games. As far as LC scoring 28, that is in the realm of possibilities. It all depends on which Tullahoma defense decides to show up. But, who knows? It's the playoffs. Anything can happen. :wacko:

It may very well be something I ate but I will have to wait and see Friday night. I never once said anything about not respecting Tullahoma! The reason I only gave them 17 points is because I thought LCHS gave them one cheap TD at the end of the game trying to get a big play. I also thought one of the other TD's should have probably just been a field goal instead of a quick 6. That is how I came up with the 17. You and I both know it's simply a guess and has nothing to do with respect. I also think that T'town played one of their best games against LCHS last week. I have seen them play at least four games this year and last week was, in my opinion, their best. Again that is just my opinion and regardless if it was or wasn't I am sure you and the coaches are very proud of the your teams performance. I for one hope you and your team keep playing with those "numbers" and the LCHS bunch plays with "heart and pride"! If it will make you feel any better I will change my score: LCHS 28-21. I wouldn't want to mess the T'town scoring streak up. :roflol: