Wayne Co vs. Nashville Christian

hooplove

I'm not gonna jump on Rescue's bandwagon considering he repeatedly mentioned Jo Byrns weak schedule as a reason that NCS would beat them.....but after watching them in person i do want to warn all the fans under the impression that NCS is a stepping stone that you have another thing coming...... my prediction is NCS will upset Wayne County!

Dont' think NCS is merely a stepping stone at all. In the playoffs, you take EVERYBODY serious! Trust me, Coach Rice won't let NCS sneak up on WC. I've seen game film of NCS and I'm fairly impressed with their team, especially their QB, and they have good size up front. #19 and #40 seem to be good athletes as well. However, I think WC has much better team speed, and I feel our linebackers are quick enough to contain Matt Ogle when he pulls it down and runs, and I predict they will pick off at least one if not two of his passes, especially if T. Rice plays much in the secondary, because Ogle is not afraid to throw it in a crowd. With all that said, you never really know until you strap it on!!!! Come on CATS!!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont' think NCS is merely a stepping stone at all. In the playoffs, you take EVERYBODY serious! Trust me, Coach Rice won't let NCS sneak up on WC. I've seen game film of NCS and I'm fairly impressed with their team, especially their QB, and they have good size up front. #19 and #40 seem to be good athletes as well. However, I think WC has much better team speed, and I feel our linebackers are quick enough to contain Matt Ogle when he pulls it down and runs, and I predict they will pick off at least one if not two of his passes, especially if T. Rice plays much in the secondary, because Ogle is not afraid to throw it in a crowd. With all that said, you never really know until you strap it on!!!! Come on CATS!!

I talked to one of the CA coaches about next weeks matchup and while he did say that WC was pretty legit, he also said that they are very beatable. He told me that a key will be getting at least some pressre on the WC quarterback. He has weapons at the recevier position and is very good at usig them. NC's secondary is going to have to come to play and the D line is going to have to do their part to put some pressure on the QB. i wont make any kind of prediction until i see more about WC but hopefully NC got their "gimme" gameout of the way bc both teams tried to give up the game tonight. I believe Brothers will have the NC boys read to come out and play, but its like you said, you never know until you strap it up and kick it off. Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs!

A squirrel has a better chance of kicking a grizzly's hash than NCS has

of pulling this one out

I think youll be pretty suprised at how this one plays out. You can over look NC all you want and i hope you all do bc when you do and NC comes and hits you in the mouth, ill be laughing on the other side of the field. Just sayin. I wouldnt count your cickens before they hatch.

A squirrel has a better chance of kicking a grizzly's hash than NCS has

of pulling this one out

Well instead of looking at scores of other games, I look at how teams match up w/ 1 another. Like I said, WC is the better team but NC does present some match-up problems for them. Comparing scores does not tell you how teams will do against each other; how they match up does.....

Well instead of looking at scores of other games, I look at how teams match up w/ 1 another. Like I said, WC is the better team but NC does present some match-up problems for them. Comparing scores does not tell you how teams will do against each other; how they match up does.....

No, take it from me...just being honest

I talked to one of the CA coaches about next weeks matchup and while he did say that WC was pretty legit, he also said that they are very beatable. He told me that a key will be getting at least some pressre on the WC quarterback. He has weapons at the recevier position and is very good at usig them. NC's secondary is going to have to come to play and the D line is going to have to do their part to put some pressure on the QB. i wont make any kind of prediction until i see more about WC but hopefully NC got their "gimme" gameout of the way bc both teams tried to give up the game tonight. I believe Brothers will have the NC boys read to come out and play, but its like you said, you never know until you strap it up and kick it off. Anything can happen once you get in the playoffs!

Good luck with that pressre on the Qb thing I have seen T Rice in action. PC pressed him all night and he still did a Heck of a job. GO CATS!!!!

i agree that comparing scores tell you very little , but nc, struggled with ca even though they turned the ball over 4 times, and wc easily beat ca , i dont think starters played in second half at all

i will go out on a limb here and say nc will not have played a team this year that has as much team speed as wc does

nc better strap it up and bring there a-game or this one could get out of hand

It's the end of the road for NCS. While I think NCS is a good team, they're not a third round calibur team. With that said, all I seem to hear about WC is T Rice and the passing game. What about their D and run game? This is what wins playoff games at this point. NCS has a good run game and D but not great so that's why I'm picking them to lose. If WC doesn't have a great run game and D this game will be close but WC will still win. It would be passing game vs. passing game and I'll take T Rice every day...but I'll take the NCS receivers (overall).

Good luck with that pressre on the Qb thing I have seen T Rice in action. PC pressed him all night and he still did a Heck of a job. GO CATS!!!!

Have to agree with you on that. Rice is very talented and elusive and hard to contain. You just have to not let him hurt you to bad and control another phase of the game.