Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

A serious question we have several fans that are long time Polk supporters and are having some mobility trouble but still support the Wildcats each week. Are there plenty of parking spaces with a short distance of the visiting stands, or a way to get transportation to these stands? :)

I would suggest parking in the Elem. school parking lot behind the visitors stands...I am sure once you get on campus someone will point you in the right direction...There is a paved sidewalk that literally goes right up to the visitors side without any steps...a little bit of an incline on the way out, but not very bad at all. If you come in the main entrance it is a much longer tote. If Polk brings a band, this is th eparking lot and entrance they will use. Hope this helps!

Bring all the folks you can and dine on some nanner pudding...

I will also say that Polk will have all kinds of trouble if they don't cover well. The "D" is solid but having to get good reads and pickin up Epp if he decides to run is gonna take alot of discipline. As far as "O" goes Polk has got to keep doing what they do best and eat clock and move the ball 4-5 yds at a time. Several people noticed some changes in the play callin against Tyner and questioned it but a W is a W. Anyway I WILL NOT MAKE A PREDICTION as always in games that worry me and I just wish for the best outta both sides and sportmanship and safety. Now, AS FOR ALL YOU DISRESPECTFUL ALCOA FANS SPAMMING UP THE THREAD AND TRASHING EVERY SCHOOL WITHIN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN THREAD FOR YOUR GAME THIS WEEK SO USE IT AND STAY OFF OURS AS WILL I STAY OFF APB'S MOM. DEALIO?

You are either the bravest or stupidest person in the county of Polk.

But I will hold no ill will.

Just remember CoachJ, all of us are gifted, some of us just open the package sooner.

Enjoy your last week on the T.

A little info about Polk for the CAK fans and those who haven't seen Polk. Polk fans, please jump in to correct where needed.

Polk's OL: C Soos #51(6-3 230), RG Phillips #55(5-11 225), LG Norwood #77 (5-10 225), RT Parris #64(6-1 270),

LT St John #73(6-1 250)

QB Allen #12(6-1 215), TE Hargrove #38(6-1 220), Wingback Lee #22(5-8 175) WR Moses #86, RB Saxe #39(6-0 205), RB Mull #33(5-8 160)

If you want to see some video of some Polk highlights check here:

http://polkcountywildcats.com/football/2010/index.html

Go vols thanks for the info on the o line now I don't know names but I'm going to take a stab at this our front and I'm doing my best our d ends 39 goes around 175 78 goes around 190 our line 67 goes around 250 71 goes around 285 and 75 goes about 250 to 260 that's just my best guess we should match up wellour o line is big to 67 and71 have both played there this year 61 and 51 looks to go around 230 240. 77 and 54 are smaller arond 210 like I said this is a guess both our lines are good as far as our skill positions that a whole different post. Anyway go warriors

Go vols thanks for the info on the o line now I don't know names but I'm going to take a stab at this our front and I'm doing my best our d ends 39 goes around 175 78 goes around 190 our line 67 goes around 250 71 goes around 285 and 75 goes about 250 to 260 that's just my best guess we should match up wellour o line is big to 67 and71 have both played there this year 61 and 51 looks to go around 230 240. 77 and 54 are smaller arond 210 like I said this is a guess both our lines are good as far as our skill positions that a whole different post. Anyway go warriors

Not bad guesses. Here is the tale of the tape:

OL C #67 Fortner (4 year starter & best lineman)(6-0 257), G #51 Sharp(5-11 235 & VERY scrappy), G #61 Alford (6-1 250), T #54 Rhodes (6-4 200), T #77 White (6-0 195). For OUR offense these guys are as good as any out there. Coach Mark Bradley has consistently gotten the most out of his OL's.

DL: #67 Fortner (6-0 257), #71 Fritz (6-2 283), #75 Powers (6-4 236), #78 Walker (6-2 200), #39 Leinius (6-2 180)

The coaching staff has done a great job with this group. Lots of experience here with ALL the coaches but as FBD pointed out, a lot of college experience including Mark Bradley, former UT coach, Jarvis Reado, Fred White, and Jeff Hall, National Champion TN Vols, along with other outstanding and highly dedicated assistants like Hawkins, Winslett, and Toler that help make these young men the best they can be.

Whatever the outcome this Friday, we couldn't be prouder of these CAK Warriors.

Edited by Govolsknox

Not bad guesses. Here is the tale of the tape:

OL C #67 Fortner (4 year starter & best lineman)(6-0 257), G #51 Alford (5-11 235 & VERY scrappy), G #61 Alford (6-1 250), T #54 Rhodes (6-4 200), T #77 White (6-0 195). For OUR offense these guys are as good as any out there. Coach Mark Bradley has consistently gotten the most out of his OL's.

Govolsknox... how about Sharp? I thought he was a starter at guard. Good luck to ya'll this week!

i hope polk pulls this one out but there D is set up for the run all this passing is making me very nervous but also think polks hard nose runnig is going to create problems for cak as well if allen has a great game on BOTH SIDES of the ball the chances are good and for his stamina im not worried i have watched him all year an i can only remember a couple of time that he came out of the game but that was just for a play or 2 at most but dont know how he will do chaseing the ball on D polk has not played any where near any team as good as cak and there passing attack

You know I really hope this is a competitive game. I know Polk County is tough and will be extremely motivated. If you beat CAK, Alcoa may only beat you by two touchdowns (nothing to be ashamed of there).

I know CAK will score at least 30 points. I just wonder if they can slow Polk down or will it be a "who has the ball last deal." Oh well, we'll see come Friday.

Polk County, Please don't get slaughtered! It will only serve to make us more arrogant than we already are!

Hey JD, will we likely see a good bit of #67 at C this week?

I'm looking forward to that match up as well. A game within the game. I've seen more than a few match ups with #67 that have come out very well over the last few years.

Hard to tell right now. We probably won't know the answer to that question until Friday night.

What can we expect from Polk County? Travel Well? Band?

Don't be surprised if your visitors section is full by 5:30...unless it is larger than most 3A schools. What time does CAK open the gates, because there will be Polk fans showing up EARLY!!!

And don't let the mouthing of DMAC and "not a COACH" J bias your view of Polk COunty football fans. MOst of us know this will be a challenge, and look forward to playing a new opponent and meeting new fans that are just as passionate about their team as we are!

Edited by Charlie Murphy