Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Re the "where do we get our players" and "how long have these guys played together"

I don't have the roster in front of me but here's an off the top of my head attempt:

QB, all WRs, both MLBs, CB, S, and several lineman have been at CAK since ES. Almost all the rest came in MS or freshman year. These are for starters and those playing a lot.

CAK is a private, K-12 school with about 415 HS kids. We play 3A due to the multiplier. Playing D1 we obviously don't give any financial aid to HS athletes(private school haters, please don't bombard me with "yea, right!" we won't resolve that issue if you think we're liars.) Like the public schools with open zoning, kids can come from anywhere and play as long as they abide by the TSSAA rules. However, if you come to CAK, you do 1)pay $8000 per year tuition 2) have to complete the pre-app process 3) have to complete the interview/admissions process 4) have to want to be in a Christian school environment.

We have one contributor from outside of Knox County. Probably 90% of the players come from the Hardin Valley, Farragut, and Bearden (6A) public school districts. They clearly aren't missing our boys as they all made the playoffs, including Hardin Valley in their second year.

We play D1 because we think it makes us better. A lot of the small private school competition isn't very good. While it stinks being 0-10 against Alcoa, it has made us a better football team. Besides, we have bragging rights in the other sports with them---I know APB and BC, those don't count :) but I have a football son, a soccer son, and a volleyball daughter so got to throw them in there.

I know the CAK players respect Polk Co and their hard-nosed style of play. They too have developed a great team chemistry. This should be a great game of contrasting styles. Come early and eat a lot-skip those chain restaurants on Cedar Bluff Bvld and come have a burger and the now famous 'nanner puddin'

And since we're supposin'... Wouldn't it just be funny if all those counting their yards before the snap, found themselves wondering what Loudon had in their Wheaties the next Saturday morning?

Polk Vs. Loudon in the third round?

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

:roflol:

Go Cats!

:thumb:

NOT A CHANCE!! Alcoa will win...BIG!

I've read a couple posts on here that have said they thought CAK would be surprised by Polks physical style of play. Not sure why one would think that. Football is a contact sport and people hit each other, and often they hit each other hard. Our guys understand that. To my knowledge every time our boys have taken the field this year they've put on their helmets and pads cause the guys in the other colored jerseys were trying to take their heads off. And speaking of hitting, I've not seen a team yet that we've played this year that wasn't physically exhausted and bloodied up a bit at the end of the game, and that includes Alcoa. Polk is ranked right behind CAK in the latest AP poll and we're in the second round of the playoffs, so they must be good, and our boys know that too.

Here's what will surprise me:

1)if Polk can stop the CAK Air Raid

2)if Polk's vaunted defense can hold CAK under 28 points

3)if Polks offense can impose their will on the CAK defense for 4 qtrs like they have the other teams on their schedule

4)for CAK to come out flat. I'm telling you the Warriors are ready to be just that, Warriors. Energized to get to play someone new in round 2.

CAK can't match Polk or practically anyone else we play in tradition or history. This is just the 10th year of our football program. But this program has come a long way in a very short period of time, and it has been done the right way and with a lot of sweat, blood & tears and dedication. There are no war drums beating at Warrior Field right now, just waiting on what should be an outstanding matchup between 2 very good teams in their own right. I'm expecting a HUGE crowd from Polk and I believe CAK may have a couple of people in the bleachers as well. Can't wait :thumb:

I've enjoyed the friendly discussion with the Polk fans, mixed in with some comments from "neutral" posters who have opined.

Polk fans, make sure to come to Warrior Stadium early and eat with us. The grilled burgers are excellent as well as the home made banana pudding (translated: nanner pudding.) bbq2.gif

I would be very surprized if there wasn't at least 100 Polk fans there be 5pm. with probably at least 1000+ by game time so please have lots of pudding

I've read a couple posts on here that have said they thought CAK would be surprised by Polks physical style of play. Not sure why one would think that.

I can't speak for posters who have said that, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of people who root for teams that haven't played CAK assume with our wide open offensive style, that CAK is strictly a finesse team. That is a total misconception. I am confident that Polk will be very physical, but I am just as confident that they will not be the only team hitting Friday night. I think some, not all, Polk fans think CAK is ohiostatescriptohiooverrated.jpgand that the Warriors will be shocked when they come up against a tough team with size that plays a very hard nosed brand of football. Well, time will tell. But I think it may turn out that those that feel this way end up being the ones that are surprised.

This is what the playoffs are all about. 2 teams with excellent programs and excellent reputations laying it all on the line.

And since we're supposin'... Wouldn't it just be funny if all those counting their yards before the snap, found themselves wondering what Loudon had in their Wheaties the next Saturday morning?

Polk Vs. Loudon in the third round?

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

:roflol:

Go Cats!

:thumb:

Ol` Yeehaw's been rid'n his puter again! All kind of crazy stuff comes off that keyboard!

yeehaw.jpg