Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Congratulations to both teams for a well fought hard nosed football game :thumb: I think Polk was a little better than I expected. They had a good game plan and did what they had to in order to be in this game at the end. The 3 picks hurt my Warriors no doubt, but the one in the endzone on 3rd from the 3 yd line could have been a back breaker, then he returned it like 60 something yards or more. Our 2 missed extra points and getting 0 points twice when we were inside the 10 also were uncharacteristic of this team, but good defenses can do that to you. Our QB had some nice numbers tonight but was high on many of his passes, leaving our receivers exposed to some big hits. They bounced back from most of the hits but we may have lost #16 to a broken collar bone, they will xray tomorrow to see, not 100% sure thats what it is. He's been playing with injured ribs for over a month now, so it could be related to that, but doc thinks collar bone is more likely.

Thought the CAK defense started slowly but adjusted nicely as the game progressed. I thought our boys layed some pretty good licks themselves tonight. Unfortunately our D was defending a short field many times due to the turnovers. I felt CAK left a few points on the field tonight and I still believe the Warriors are the better team, but I was more impressed with Polk than I thought I would be. They also brought a good crowd and the Wildcat fans I spoke with were very nice. Enjoyed getting to meet Mr.Hargrove. Hope everyone made it back home safe.

I'm from JASPER and I have no horse in this race. I enjoyed watchin them beat SP so much I drove up to watch the game.

season tickets?... other knox coaches ?... explain and wat did they have to say... oh and did a warrior fan say this is the best tackling d they seen all yr and it seems we was doin some hard hitting as well... lowest yard after catch total ever?... seems this could be the 3rd best team in 3a?.. thats pretty good comin from such a small town.. we dont have exceptional atheletes gallore but we are well coached and play fundamentally sound football most of the time...

season tickets?... other knox coaches ?... explain and wat did they have to say... oh and did a warrior fan say this is the best tackling d they seen all yr and it seems we was doin some hard hitting as well... lowest yard after catch total ever?... seems this could be the 3rd best team in 3a?.. thats pretty good comin from such a small town.. we dont have exceptional atheletes gallore but we are well coached and play fundamentally sound football most of the time...

Polk swarmed the ball well. the speed of polk was suprising and impressive. you like to talk about yourselves quite a bit though.... and your season just ended.... :huh: