38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Bradley

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who takes this one to advance to round 3?

You might want to update your sub-script about state champions. I believe that the Bears were voted #1 in 1961. They also beat the Wildcats during the regular season by 27-7 that season. Not being picky or anything but the Bears need all the recognition that they can get.

Good luck to both teams and may everyone be injury free on Friday night.

bb

Just wonderin if anybody from Oak Ridge could fill me in on how Jose is doin this season and if he has had any offers. I met him at a combine and was wonderin how he's doin. Thanks

jose has had a great year, and has given a verbal pledge to play for vanderbilt next season! He is also a top notch student, and a very very well mannered kid... always says yes sir no sir in his interviews... impressive kid..

You might want to update your sub-script about state champions. I believe that the Bears were voted #1 in 1961. They also beat the Wildcats during the regular season by 27-7 that season. Not being picky or anything but the Bears need all the recognition that they can get.

Good luck to both teams and may everyone be injury free on Friday night.

bb

Actually I took this sub-script directly from the official Oak Ridge Football website....

Is this the 2nd Bradley Oak Ridge Thread? lol

Anywhos Bradleys Defense is what lets us win big games this year. Unless a Team has a well above average Offense than it is very hard to score on the bears. Our Offense loves to spead the ball around to each guy on the field if you cover our WRs we will simply run the ball with our QB,RB or FB if you crowd the box we will throw the ball 50+ yards down the field. Our Qb Bryce copeland is only a sophmore but he plays like a senior.

On Special teams we had the ball on our own 30 yard line (round 1) and Chandler Bennet punted the ball to their 1 yard line and that is a common thing for him. Oh and on speical teams if you dont wrap up the ball on the return kick we will force fumbles. Our only weakness on speical teams is tackleing on Kickoffs.

Actually I took this sub-script directly from the official Oak Ridge Football website....

I would be curious as to the authority of Oak Ridge's 1961 Championshhip since Bradley claims the 1961 Championships as well.

Of course back then they were voted by various media outlets so it is possible for both to be awarded championships by different groups.

I would be curious as to the authority of Oak Ridge's 1961 Championshhip since Bradley claims the 1961 Championships as well.

Of course back then they were voted by various media outlets so it is possible for both to be awarded championships by different groups.

For the year of 1961, Oak Ridge was recognized by Tennessee Action Ratings. Your right, before 1969, when the TSSAA finally came up with a playoff system, you could have multiple teams as State Champs.

For the year of 1961, Oak Ridge was recognized by Tennessee Action Ratings. Your right, before 1969, when the TSSAA finally came up with a playoff system, you could have multiple teams as State Champs.

Actually the Tennessee Action Ratings show Fayetteville(????) as the 1961 champs while Litkenhous has the Bears. Anyway, not worth arguing over something that happened 49 years ago.

This Friday's game should be a barn-burner at BCHS. Best of luck to both teams!