Mt Juliet @ Smyrna

SCBisondad

MJ's offense has improved over the year. They have the option to put the ball in the air now. MJ has 4 backs that can get it done on the ground. People can say Smyrna has alot more athletes but the key will be the trenchmen(both sides of the ball) that should determine the game. The defense is what is and has been lacking for several years now for MJ. Smyrna will be able to put up some big numbers/points on MJ. I'm just hoping MJ's offense can put up at least 1 more.Go BEARS!

MJ's offense has improved over the year. They have the option to put the ball in the air now. MJ has 4 backs that can get it done on the ground. People can say Smyrna has alot more athletes but the key will be the trenchmen(both sides of the ball) that should determine the game. The defense is what is and has been lacking for several years now for MJ. Smyrna will be able to put up some big numbers/points on MJ. I'm just hoping MJ's offense can put up at least 1 more.Go BEARS!

You have to stop their offense to beat them. If you go into the game thinking that your offense has to match them every possession then your going to be in trouble. This is one of the best defenses I've ever seen so yours better show up too or its going to be a long night for you and your bears.

Edited by prince0290

Mt. Juliet Comes to Smyrna Friday night with one of the states most powerful offensives. they are averaging a whopping 48.5 points a game. They pretty much ran through the Sumner county region and now look to prove themselves against the big boys of Rutherford county. Look for this to be a shoot out with Smyrna winning 42-28.

Look, I'm pulling for Mt. Juliet this week, but to say they ran through Sumner County may be a bit of a stretch. They lost two games to Sumner County schools and two of the schools they beat in Sumner County had one win each.

I do believe it will be a good game, a lot closer than many anticipate. Close games with good coaching... anything is possible.

You have to stop their offense to beat them. If you go into the game thinking that your offense has to match them every possession then your going to be in trouble. This is one of the best defenses I've ever seen so yours better show up too or its going to be a long night for you and your bears.

Smyrna's defense is about relentless pressure. Noone takes a play off. The D-line is as good as it gets in 6A. The offense is so much better than last year. The O-line has develped into a solid unit that has opened some big holes against some good defenses. They hung 38 on Brentwood before the coaches called the dogs off. A team we struggled against in week one. Overall this is a much better team than even a couple of weeks ago. Not knowing MJ's schedule i would guess to say that Smyrna is probably one of the best you will have faced this year if not the best. The thing that concerns me about MJ is the passing game. I heard the qb can sling it and their is a receiver that can go and get it. Playoff football. Got to love it.

Edited by milo118

I must agree with Milo! No one (it is two words) is going to put alot of ponits on the Smyrna defense.

These are not your ordinary 16 and 17 year olds. This team is full of super strong 5th year seniors. I am not sure when the red shirt program starts a Smyrna but it’s early. My son who graduated last year had several of these Bulldogs in his fist grade class. Watch out this group may have trouble with calculus but they smash an offensive line to pieces.

I must agree with Milo! No one (it is two words) is going to put alot of ponits on the Smyrna defense.

These are not your ordinary 16 and 17 year olds. This team is full of super strong 5th year seniors. I am not sure when the red shirt program starts a Smyrna but it’s early. My son who graduated last year had several of these Bulldogs in his fist grade class. Watch out this group may have trouble with calculus but they smash an offensive line to pieces.

Funny. We have worked closely with the T$$AA on our redshirt program. It is all in my new DVD "How to Redshirt Your Way to the State Championship". And calculus, really, I graduated with honors and couldn't do calculus. Of course that was a metro school. Sorry about the spelling of no one. Again metro school.

Edited by milo118

Funny. We have worked closely with the T$$AA on our redshirt program. It is all in my new DVD "How to Redshirt Your Way to the State Championship". And calculus, really, I graduated with honors and couldn't do calculus. Of course that was a metro school. Sorry about the spelling of no one. Again metro school.

smyrna's defense is the best group of 20 year olds i've ever seen at the high school level! ... :ugeek:

smyrna's defense is the best group of 20 year olds i've ever seen at the high school level! ... :ugeek:

You guys are on to us. It all starts at the middle school level. We hold you back two or three years and presto, bango we got a state championship. You have to think outside the box gentlemen. :mrgreen:

You guys are on to us. It all starts at the middle school level. We hold you back two or three years and presto, bango we got a state championship. You have to think outside the box gentlemen. :mrgreen:

yeah come on guys. How do you think we won in 06 and 07...sonny and rod were almost 30! lol

but seriously...i have to miss the game for work :(

O I agree with you and Milo. I think my post was a little vague. I meant Smyrna's D is one of the best I've seen and if Mt.Juliet goes in trying to match TD's then Smyrna may win by 30. Mt.Juliet may pass on them at times but, if the QB makes one mistake Smyrna has the athletes to not only intercept the ball but chances are its going to the house.