Sequatchie County at Goodpasture

NEEDFORSPEED

Not a lot of secrets, they will run the ball, run it some more, then run it some more. They were mostly being held in check last night on the ground through three quarters then broke out with a pair of 50 yard TD runs in the fourth quarter to put the game into overtime. Three 1000+ yard rushers, after last night their totals are approximately 1475, 1200, 1100. Those three barely rushed in the second half of their last 4 regular season games so their totals could be higher (same as a lot of teams in runaway victories). Whatever the outcome at Goodpasture you'll be sure to get effort throughout four quarters..they trailed 20-7 going into the fourth quarter last night and started way back at their own 13 to start the fourth. They trailed 28-21 with a minute to go and still came out with the win. Goodpasture hasn't been a good playoff destination for Sequatchie, in the least, maybe the momentum from last night's big win can carry over to some good things in Nashville next week.

This will be one heck of a game. I think it will be a physical game, in which either team could win. what kind of offense and defense do you guys run? Best of luck and should be a great game.

Goodpasture runs both a 3-4 and a 4-3. They have very good linebackers, and they play alot of zone defense. Goodpasture is BIG. There defensive and offensive lines average around 275 to 280 pounds. There left tackle is 6-6 325, and there right tackle is 6-1 320! They are very physical. On offense, they have one of the best quarterbacks in the state. He is not tall, but he can throw and run. Goodpasture has two excellent wide receivers. One is a possesion type, the other is a speed/deep threat type. The offensive line is BIG, and they have very hard running fullbacks. They run the wing t offense, but they do go to wide formations from time to time. They have one really good running back that has speed, and they have another that has not been playing that hopefully will be ready for this weeks game. There tight ends are solid. The starter is big, 6-1 and about 230 pounds. He usually catches the ball, but he has had some problems holding onto it lately. I am sure he will be fine. And to top it off, we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Coach Martin is a great leader, and sets a great example for the team.

Edited by NEEDFORSPEED

Goodpasture runs both a 3-4 and a 4-3. They have very good linebackers, and they play alot of zone defense. Goodpasture is BIG. There defensive and offensive lines average around 275 to 280 pounds. There left tackle is 6-6 325, and there right tackle is 6-1 320! They are very physical. On offense, they have one of the best quarterbacks in the state. He is not tall, but he can throw and run. Goodpasture has two excellent wide receivers. One is a possesion type, the other is a speed/deep threat type. The offensive line is BIG, and they have very hard running fullbacks. They run the wing t offense, but they do go to wide formations from time to time. They have one really good running back that has speed, and they have another that has not been playing that hopefully will be ready for this weeks game. There tight ends are solid. The starter is big, 6-1 and about 230 pounds. He usually catches the ball, but he has had some problems holding onto it lately. I am sure he will be fine. And to top it off, we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Coach Martin is a great leader, and sets a great example for the team.

Sounds like it will be a challenge for us. We are not that big but we will hit you. It will be a good game and best of luck.

Sounds like a college team. The question for Sequatchie will be can they rebound from such a mental and physical game on the road? I certainly hope so. Coach Barger (Which I might add didn't play for Sequatchie Co. as Chatt Times stated) will have to make sure they are focused and have their best practice of the year. This will be the second best team we have faced to date (SM) and will require a lot of discipline and perfect execution. It will be a harsh environment and tough task, but this team keeps amazing me with their grit and heart. Best of luck to both teams you deserve to be here....

Sounds like a college team. The question for Sequatchie will be can they rebound from such a mental and physical game on the road? I certainly hope so. Coach Barger (Which I might add didn't play for Sequatchie Co. as Chatt Times stated) will have to make sure they are focused and have their best practice of the year. This will be the second best team we have faced to date (SM) and will require a lot of discipline and perfect execution. It will be a harsh environment and tough task, but this team keeps amazing me with their grit and heart. Best of luck to both teams you deserve to be here....

I agree Bratt. Goodpasture will be a very good football team, and we will need all that heart and grit. I think we have a chance though. We do derseve to be here. I look foward to chatting with the goodpasture people on here this week and meeting some of you on Friday of the game. Once again best of luck. Indians we can do this.

I agree Bratt. Goodpasture will be a very good football team, and we will need all that heart and grit. I think we have a chance though. We do derseve to be here. I look foward to chatting with the goodpasture people on here this week and meeting some of you on Friday of the game. Once again best of luck. Indians we can do this.

One good thing about Goodpasture is that they never overlook anyone. And in high school football, any team can be beat on any given Friday night. I look forward to the game. And I know Sequatchie County will be a tough, tough, game! I hope all the Sequatchie County players stay healthy this week in practice, and have a safe trip to Nashville!

One good thing about Goodpasture is that they never overlook anyone. And in high school football, any team can be beat on any given Friday night. I look forward to the game. And I know Sequatchie County will be a tough, tough, game! I hope all the Sequatchie County players stay healthy this week in practice, and have a safe trip to Nashville!

Are you by yourself on this board NEEDFORSPEED. I don't think in the second round anybody is overlooking anybody. I look forward to this game as well. Is your facilities nice and have adequate seating for the visitors? I think we will have a lot of fans, obviously not as much as local teams, but a far amount nonetheless.

Are you by yourself on this board NEEDFORSPEED. I don't think in the second round anybody is overlooking anybody. I look forward to this game as well. Is your facilities nice and have adequate seating for the visitors? I think we will have a lot of fans, obviously not as much as local teams, but a far amount nonetheless.

I think GP fans took last night's game for granted cause they failed to show up. Only about 1/3 of home side filled. Band left at halftime. lol

GP stadium is very nice, two gates, good parking in back of the school, good concessions, good pa system, bright lights. Have fun.

Goodpasture has very nice facilites. Was up there 2 years ago for the softball substate and had a chance to look around.