Franklin vs. Blackman

ftballkicker

If Franklin gave up 143 to Chudi Echetebu they are not going to be able to contain Mathers. He is an unbelievable ball carrier and plan on him breaking at least two against Franklin. The only time I saw Blackman play was when they played Brentwood and they handed it to us. They are an extremely physical team and Franklin is not. Franklin does play well as a team and they do all of the little things right, but I think Blackman might be too much.Blackman's front seven is going to shut down Franklin's run game and I think their undersized offensive line is going to struggle in pass protection. If FHS can get the throws off Kuivinen will be able to shred Blackman's secondary but that is a BIG if. I think Franklin will have too many turnovers and Blackman will take this one 28-21.

You can't stand it that FRANKLIN is still in it and Brentwood lost. We had an unusual game against the Bruins with all our turnovers. WE beat Oakland and Brentwood lost. Brentwood's football season is OVER!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't stand it that FRANKLIN is still in it and Brentwood lost. We had an unusual game against the Bruins with all our turnovers. WE beat Oakland and Brentwood lost. Brentwood's football season is OVER!

I'm not hating on Franklin at all... I want Franklin to keep going and bring the state title home to Wilco. I'm just giving my opinion on the game. I didn't say anything about Franklin losing to Brentwood so I don't know why your are bringing it up but since you did we have beaten you guys 4 out of the last 5 times so we OWN you. :) And I wouldn't call the Brentwood game "unusual," Franklin turns the ball over more than any good team I've seen this year.

I'm not hating on Franklin at all... I want Franklin to keep going and bring the state title home to Wilco. I'm just giving my opinion on the game. I didn't say anything about Franklin losing to Brentwood so I don't know why your are bringing it up but since you did we have beaten you guys 4 out of the last 5 times so we OWN you. :) And I wouldn't call the Brentwood game "unusual," Franklin turns the ball over more than any good team I've seen this year.

I am a Franklin fan and I agree with you, i didn't see your post as bashing Franklin, just stating your opinion. I would counter however that Brentwood and Blackman run different styles offensively, and Franklin blew many assignments in the Brentwood game both offensively and defensively. Also, the whole thing about you owning us, you guys can keep on winning the district in the regular season, but as long as the Rebels continue to go deeper in the playoffs, I don't think anyone over here in Franklin really cares! But have fun enjoying your 3-peat as district champions while you sit at home as Franklin keeps playing this week! I believe Mathers will have success running the ball, but I think the Rebel D will contain him enough to not allow him to run wild like he did against Brentwood and Riverdale. I believe Franklin is a stronger tackling team, the long runs against Brentwood really stemmed from guys being in the wrong place defensively and wide-open holes. Franklin dominated a very physical Oakland team up front, their only real rushing yards coming from their QB on scrambles. I know they didn't have their top RB, but it's still the same O-line blocking, same plays, same coaches, and I know Oakland had quality backs behind Mayberry. I think this will be a great game to watch, Franklin's passing attack vs. Blackman's running game. If Franklin can limit their turnovers, they have a good chance. Not ready to make a prediction on the score, but it will be a close one.

Edited by TheAnswer21

I will echo what has been said already - I think most Brentwood fans are happy Franklin won last week. It's a great rivalry and we have a lot of respect for the Franklin program. I'm sure I don't speak for all Franklin fans but I will be pulling for you guys on Friday and may make the trip down to watch a good game.

Also, the whole thing about you owning us, you guys can keep on winning the district in the regular season, but as long as the Rebels continue to go deeper in the playoffs, I don't think anyone over here in Franklin really cares! But have fun enjoying your 3-peat as district champions while you sit at home as Franklin keeps playing this week!

I find it hard to believe that the players don't really care that they have lost the last three times to Brentwood. But if you say so. And I'm pretty sure that Brentwood went further in the playoffs last year. But props to Franklin for moving on this year.

Anyway to the game. When I saw that Franklin had outrushed Oakland and Oakland had more passing yardage than Franklin, I had a Ghostbusters flashback (Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!). I think Clayton is very good at in-game adjustments. If something isn't working he's not too stuborn to change the gameplan. Franklin's balance is a huge asset. Good luck Friday night!

So from what I have gathered so far, Blackman puts all of their eggs in Mathers basket... In 04 Franklin played an Antioch team that put all their eggs in Lemarcus Cokers basket... That didnt work out to well for Antioch. I know it is a different year and two totally different teams but there is no way anyone can tell me that Mathers is a better back that Coker was. If Franklin plays a solid game it will take more than just Mathers to beat Franklin.

So from what I have gathered so far, Blackman puts all of their eggs in Mathers basket... In 04 Franklin played an Antioch team that put all their eggs in Lemarcus Cokers basket... That didnt work out to well for Antioch. I know it is a different year and two totally different teams but there is no way anyone can tell me that Mathers is a better back that Coker was. If Franklin plays a solid game it will take more than just Mathers to beat Franklin.

Dear Rip Van Winkle,

Wake up from your nap. This is 2010, different players – different teams.

That was SIX years ago.

Did Cokers run for 2070 yards in a ten game season? Don’t know just asking.

Trust me, Mathers is no Cokers, good kid, hard working, non-dope smoking, the real deal. Many have tried to derail the I-Train, many have failed.

Dear Rip Van Winkle,

Wake up from your nap. This is 2010, different players – different teams.

That was SIX years ago.

Did Cokers run for 2070 yards in a ten game season? Don’t know just asking.

Trust me, Mathers is no Cokers, good kid, hard working, non-dope smoking, the real deal. Many have tried to derail the I-Train, many have failed.

If you properly read my post I had already stated that it was a different year and different teams... thanks for pointing that out again for me though. In Cokers junior year in HS he has offers from 10 of the 12 SEC teams and several other big schools across the country. He was the real deal in his HS days and would have been a top back in the SEC had he not let his judgement get in his way. I am not taking anything away from Mathers, nor saying that he will not run rampent agains Franklin, but I dont think he will run as wild and free as he has against other programs. If I'm wrong then it will be a long night for Franklin, if not then it could be a long night for Blackman. Only time will tell.

seems like you don't know much about blackman...or Mathers! and you seem to have wishful thinking!

only one team has stopped him all year...smyrna...but in that game he only had 5 touches in 2nd half because he got hurt...but had 72 yards on 11 carries in the first half... on what i think is the best defense in the state...

you have not faced a defense this year like you will face in blackman's front 8...

i'd put money on it that our coach is much better than antioch's was and our scheme as well as mathers will keep your D guessing!

Yes, you best oakland, but oakland at week 11 was a totally different team than they were at week 8...RB gone, dis-heartned after losing 2 of 3 when they expected to win it all...and some internal issues to boot...congrads on this win vs oakland...but you are playing a team that is and has been on a roll for 7 straight weeks...

Mather's carved up brentwood (234 yds), and riverdale (322)...i hope your D is ALOT BETTER THAN THEIRS...cause if it ain't ALOT BETTER...you are in trouble!

here's the bottom line: if your QB throws for over 300 yards, you will have a chance to beat us or if we have 3 to 5 turnovers at key times and places on the field...but i don't think you will run the ball on us...and i don't think you will stop our run game...and i think your QB will be under pressure like he has never seen!