Pearl Cohn @ Smith Co

DIRTYDIME

SC lost to a better team tonight. Pearl Cohn is a good team. I was impressed. I don't know if they are 40 points better, but they are a better team. I do think they dug a hole that they couldn't dig out of with 4 first half turnovers, two fumbles when they were putting together drives that really hurt. The two interceptions were not as costly. I don't want to say the Owls quit, but things definitely changed when they dug the whole. SC could have got on the board but chose to not run another play from the 1. Not that it really matters either way.

The refs didn't have an impact on the outcome. I rarely ever comment on the refs, but the referee was the worst i have ever seen. He missed an obvious running into the punter call early in the game. The intentional grounding call might be the worst call I have ever seen, and it is definitely youtube material. And then the illegal shift on the 4th and 4 punt. How do you miss those calls in a playoff game?

I expect to see Pearl Cohn to face Alcoa in the championship if they continue to play like they did tonight. Once again, enjoyed the band.

Congrats to the Owls on a great season. Congrats to you seniors and thanks for an exciting four years of football. Already looking forward to 2012 as roundball is overrated.

I am leaving the house and heading to Carthage in about a half hour. This one should be well worth the price of admission ladies and gentlemen. This thread has been ugly all week and I expect the battle on the field to be very intense with a trip to the TSSAA State Quarterfinals at stake.

Don't you all know that Nashville is dying for a potential Pearl-Cohn @ Goodpasture next week? The Tennessean & Nashville City Paper would kill for that type of Quarterfinal matchup.

looks like thats going to happen