Pearl Cohn @ Smith Co

DIRTYDIME

I am going to make a trip to "The Hole" to watch this one. It is way too good of a matchup to take place this early in the playoffs. The Owls gave up 45 points all season long. East Literature scored 27 last night HOWEVER 14 of those 27 were because the Owls allowed 2 kicks to be returned for scores. Pearl-Cohn has to be fundmentally sound football to beat a well coached (completely sound) team like the Owls. The Firebirds have been heavily penalized all season long, as well as last night, and that can come back to haunt them if they aren't careful. Pearl-Cohn's speed and athleticism is going to be hard for Smith County to adjust to however the Owls are a very good defensive football team (as the numbers support).

I am going to make a trip to "The Hole" to watch this one. It is way too good of a matchup to take place this early in the playoffs. The Owls gave up 45 points all season long. East Literature scored 27 last night HOWEVER 14 of those 27 were because the Owls allowed 2 kicks to be returned for scores. Pearl-Cohn has to be fundmentally sound football to beat a well coached (completely sound) team like the Owls. The Firebirds have been heavily penalized all season long, as well as last night, and that can come back to haunt them if they aren't careful. Pearl-Cohn's speed and athleticism is going to be hard for Smith County to adjust to however the Owls are a very good defensive football team (as the numbers support).

I think everybody knows SC has to limit big plays...and control the clock. That is what happened last year. I expect it to happen again. :D

Glad you're coming down Howdy. We will definitely need to play the first quarter and a half Friday much better than we did last night. We had two costly turnovers and gave up two easy kickoff returns for TD's. PC has great speed and executes better than East Lit. What time are you planning to arrive?

:excl:

Edited by originalSC3

Glad you're coming down Howdy. We will definitely need to play the first quarter and a half Friday much better than we did last night. We had two costly turnovers and gave up two easy kickoff returns for TD's. PC has great speed and executes better than East Lit. What time are you planning to arrive?

:excl:

6:50 ish???? I am going to eat at the place off of the interstate on the left before going to "The Hole".

Guest Termite

This will not be a war SC struggled with east lit, they didnt come close to beating us this year. Thats why is called the DIRTYDIME everybody cant play in this league. If you not running with us you running from us...LETS GO

I'm just a poor ole country boy. Can somebody translate this for me please?

Why "is ---called the Dirtydime"?? What league?? If you can help me with that, then we'll talk about the running part.

MidCityTargetPleaseLoot2.jpg

Well, well, well. I can see the thought process here with that kind of response. But lets just make sure that Antwan and Smith County has there checklist ready:

1.Players with bottlecaps taped up on their hand pads: CHECK (a few kids still have some scars from those from LAST YEARS game)

2. Water the field a few times: Check

3. Call our kids convicts as we go down into "the hole": CHECK

Let me be very clear hear. Smith County has earned their place in the second round. Pearl-Cohn has earnerd their place in the second round. I expect both teams to play hard and may the best teeam win. With that being said Antwan and company...DO YOUR WORST! 7pm this upcoming Friday night the Firbirds will be there and will play hard! Ask howdoitknow about that. So we will get on down to the main attraction...There WILL be a little less talk and A LOT MORE ACTION!

Second, if you have not figured it out yet... DIRTYDIME calls himself that because of the District (Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood, David Lipscomb, Whites Creek, CPA, Stratford, and East Lit). In District 10 there are THREE teams with mutiple state titles (PEARL-COHN, DAVID LIPSCOMB, and CPA),FOUR teams who have been to the state semifinal, or title game Since 2006 (PEARL-COHN,DAVID LIPSCOMB, MAPLEWOOD, AND WHITES CREEK). EVERYBODY IN THE DIRTYDIME COMES TO PLAY EVERY WEEK!

It's like Dutch Meyer said "We'll fight'em till heck freezes over, then we'll fight'em on the ice!". That is what we do at PEARL-COHN! The challenge is made and WE ANSWER THE CALL! We simply don't care who you are and we don't quit! We simply get reloaded, reborn, and WIN! That's what FIREBIRDS DO!. Just ask our first round opponent after halftime! So bring your trains, fireworks, cowbells, the whole county it won't matter. WE WILL PLAY ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE! We want 3000 people in the stands...5000 if you can find'em! We have something to prove!

De Fumo In Flammam!

-FengHuang

Edited by Fenghuang

Well, well, well. I can see the thought process here with that kind of response. But lets just make sure that Antwan and Smith County has there checklist ready:

1.Players with bottlecaps taped up on their hand pads: CHECK (a few kids still have some scars from those from LAST YEARS game)

2. Water the field a few times: Check

3. Call our kids convicts as we go down into "the hole": CHECK

Let me be very clear hear. Smith County has earned their place in the second round. Pearl-Cohn has earnerd their place in the second round. I expect both teams to play hard and may the best teeam win. With that being said Antwan and company...DO YOUR WORST! 7pm this upcoming Friday night the Firbirds will be there and will play hard! Ask howdoitknow about that. So we will get on down to the main attraction...There WILL be a little less talk and A LOT MORE ACTION!

Second, if you have not figured it out yet... DIRTYDIME calls himself that because of the District (Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood, David Lipscomb, Whites Creek, CPA, Stratford, and East Lit). In District 10 there are THREE teams with mutiple state titles (PEARL-COHN, DAVID LIPSCOMB, and CPA),FOUR teams who have been to the state semifinal, or title game Since 2006 (PEARL-COHN,DAVID LIPSCOMB, MAPLEWOOD, AND WHITES CREEK). EVERYBODY IN THE DIRTYDIME COMES TO PLAY EVERY WEEK!

It's like Dutch Meyer said "We'll fight'em till heck freezes over, then we'll fight'em on the ice!". That is what we do at PEARL-COHN! The challenge is made and WE ANSWER THE CALL! We simply don't care who you are and we don't quit! We simply get reloaded, reborn, and WIN! That's what FIREBIRDS DO!. Just ask our first round opponent after halftime! So bring your trains, fireworks, cowbells, the whole county it won't matter. WE WILL PLAY ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYPLACE! We want 3000 people in the stands...5000 if you can find'em! We have something to prove!

De Fumo In Flamman!

-FengHuang

I will say that I feel Pearl-Cohn does get a false reputation based on the diversity of the students that attend the school. When you go to Pearl-Cohn to watch a game you will be treated kindly and watch a team that plays both hard and CLEAN. Coach Brunetti & Wilson have been the mainstays on the staff since Coach Fitzgerald resigned in January of 2006. Both of those men have preached sportsmanship to their players and I have personally seen Pearl-Cohn play 12 times from 2006-PRESENT so I believe that this does make me an expert regarding the way that the Firebirds players do approach the game.

I have always felt like Pearl-Cohn has been falsely labeled as a "dirty" team.

Guest Termite

Well, Mr. KungFu........feel better now??

#1. You must be out of your mind...bottle caps taped to their pads?? Your showing your intelligance right of the bat. I've never heard of that...anywhere, but evidently you have. NOW I see the THOUGHT PROCESS HERE. Go back and check the game film,if you didn't burn it. See how may SC kids wear "handpads". ZERO.

#2, Water the field.......well....it is grass. But I'm guessing that is ONE of may excuses you used to justify why SC beat your speedy team last year.

#3. I don't know about calling your kids anything. I do know what YOUR kids were calling ours on the field. There would be a lot of mamas upset if they heard it all, but I'm sure our kids returned the favor.

AND........ Dirtydime??? OK then. Everybody in district 10 comes to play. I looked...are you sure EVERYONE in DIRTYDIME comes to play? Looks like somebody forgot to tell Stratford and Whitescreek that they are "Dirtydimers". :roflol:

Bring 3000?? That would be good. Counting what PC brings, (not counting the 300 that come with the band) SCs 3000 and PCs 50 would be a grand total of 3050 paying at the gate. :lol:

Edited by Termite