Baylor vs McCallie 2

landro

That almost sounds like a McCallie supporter slamming the Baylor campus. Irony is a wonderful thing.

Sorry - I don't see any "slam".....but then again, I have never been one to be a "softy" or heavily into "super sensitive, political correctness". I also wear a "fairly thick skin". So, I may be un-able to see why some might be so easily offended when a parking area is correctly described (as being near the Walmart).

The fact that the quote above contains the word, "almost", seems to illustrates the poster's high level of uncertainity (associated with the incorrect accusation).

Heck....I remember an era when this match-up was called: the "ridge-runners" versus the "river rats". No individuals ever got upset about that specific nomenclature. The terminology was simply used in fun. The monikers were used in "good spirit" to actually describe the beautiful geography around each school's respective campus. Heck - I may have proudly worn one of those monikers. I was never offended. Also, my competitors never seemed offended.

Again - I don't see any slam(s). So, please don't read too much into a comment that is simply describing a geographic location being used for parking for a football game (after all... the fact is - I believe the parking area is actually fairly near the Walmart on Signal Mt Blvd.). Sorry - that's true. no slam

But... some should "face some facts"....the dressing facilities (specifically for the visiting team) and the game's officials are ...well....."in need of some major expansions or improvements". When visiting the red team's campus - Mr. Zebra often has to "put on his stripes" (change clothes) in the car because no facilites are provided / available. I know the school's coaches & administrators recognize the short-comings - and, often offer apologizes (for lack of dressing facilities). I suspect "an expansion plan" to make improvements may have already been considered. To prove this observation - simply watch the teams & officials at half time. (Because the facilities are small) - some will be forced to remain outside. Again - that is not a slam - just another fact.

Edited by IMAZEBRA

Sorry - I don't see any "slam".....but then again, I have never been one to be a "softy" or heavily into "super sensitive, political correctness". I also wear a "fairly thick skin". So, I may be un-able to see why some might be so easily offended when a parking area is correctly described (as being near the Walmart).

The fact that the quote above contains the word, "almost", seems to illustrates the poster's high level of uncertainity (associated with the incorrect accusation).

Heck....I remember an era when this match-up was called: the "ridge-runners" versus the "river rats". No individuals ever got upset about that specific nomenclature. The terminology was simply used in fun. The monikers were used in "good spirit" to actually describe the beautiful geography around each school's respective campus. Heck - I may have proudly worn one of those monikers. I was never offended. Also, my competitors never seemed offended.

Again - I don't see any slam(s). So, please don't read too much into a comment that is simply describing a geographic location being used for parking for a football game (after all... the fact is - I believe the parking area is actually fairly near the Walmart on Signal Mt Blvd.). Sorry - that's true. no slam

But... some should "face some facts"....the dressing facilities (specifically for the visiting team) and the game's officials are ...well....."in need of some major expansions or improvements". When visiting the red team's campus - Mr. Zebra often has to "put on his stripes" (change clothes) in the car because no facilites are provided / available. I know the school's coaches & administrators recognize the short-comings - and, often offer apologizes (for lack of dressing facilities). I suspect "an expansion plan" to make improvements may have already been considered. To prove this observation - simply watch the teams & officials at half time. (Because the facilities are small) - some will be forced to remain outside. Again - that is not a slam - just another fact.

I meant it in good fun you "old ridge runner". We always preferred to call them "Blue Guts" in my days.

Being a former Zebra myself, I can understand and appreciate your comments about not having a good facility for the officials which can be said about most of the high school facilities in the country. In the old days Marion Country was known for treating the officials the best providing dinner before and after the game. I do not understand why the high schools do not take better care of the officials. I have not officiated in over 8 years so things may have changed in how they are treated.

As for plans for a new facility, lets us pay for the state of the art weight room which just opened a few weeks ago and will rival the facilities of any program in the SEC. McCallie the bar has been raised get out your check book.

As for making comments about the surrounding area around the schools, I could think of a few choice names for McCallie.

Well I guess I qualify as a RidgeRunner, or a Blue Guts, but I hope I see an awesome display of Big Blue guts and fortitude in a Big Blue Upset in front of a 20 deep standing room only crowd with no dressing facilities.

As to the Walmart, does the Baylor property not border the Walmart location that used to be Mill & Mine? I thought I saw that on the map they provided last year. This year I think our parking has been moved back to the field behind WDOD.

The campus by the river is an extremely picturesque locale. Perfect? Doubtful, none is. As to the Blue neighborhood, it was downright country when the school was originally located there in 1905. Perfect? Naw, but really good for daily aerobic conditioning! The view from the dining hall overlooking downtown Chattanooga is gorgeous!

• Upvote 1

This is the first time I have ever been accused of political correctness but I guess the good news in this is that my wife will be happy to know that I am now officially acknowledged as being sensitive. She has been working on that for years.

As far as being offended, I am certainly not that. It is clear that my attempt to subtly draw a comparison between the two campuses was a failure. I can assure you though, if someone wants to compare, I am confident in the facilities that Baylor has to offer even if you don't like your dressing room.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Said nothing about the beauty index of Baylor's campus....just noted the proximity to a recognizable landmark that everyone recognizes. In fact, Baylor does have a beautiful campus.....even the parking lot 6 miles from the football field Baylor forced McCallie fans to park in is beautiful. But, I digress.....

If Bluemom is correct and they let McCallie park behind WDOD then that should work out well. I heard some McCallie parents talk about that it was nice place where they were able tail gate two years ago and it is only .6 miles from the stadium.

It should be a great game.

You are right about the short trip. That is nice. I personally have never been in the dressing facilities at Heywood but have noticed the teams lingering outside. I do avoid the restrooms on the other side of that building. I also have never set foot in the dressing facilities on the Blue campus. I generally avoid those particular areas.

As to hosting the game at Spears, I really don't see it in the near future. The powers that be seem to be content with the larger facility. That however is not my call to make. Just trying to be hospitable to all involved.

What is interesting, is that the crew assigned by state for the competition tomorrow is a local one. A near unheard of situation in the play-offs.

Now, if only the beauty indexes added points to the scoreboard!