How much does a state title cost?

mikescott

Hey, Mike.

You just got teched! I wasn't trying to argue any point that you're trying to make. Don't really care about Alan Jones, Cleveland, Bradley or if you're really a Purple Pounder supporter. I just recognized (accurately) that you have a desire to have a strong opinion about everything on this board, and will say just about anything to back up that opinion, whether it is logical or based on any truth whatsoever. My point is correct. Call it a loophole if you want. It's called being informed and accurate. It's called the Truth. You should try to base your arguments on it. You'll probably still come off as abrasive, but at least it will be honest.

My posts are honest and have thought behind each one. Just because clear evidence cannot be given does not make a point invalid. The proof is ther I just don' have it on hand. I have yet to make an illogical statement on the board, but it is getting harder and harder when boneheads like yourself keep spouting off nonsense.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really going to try and say that Cleveland or Bradley do not have the best coaching staffs in that state? Bradley on one hand doesn't have a pimp that is supplying them with outrageous dollars, although they are supplied more money than other schools. I think Cleveland should have to be part of D2, all they'd have to do is learn how to recruit. Schools like Central are at a very drastic disadvantage when it comes to number of quality coaches, facilities, and community support. You are proving yourself to be very ignorant.

I would say that Bradley and Cleveland have some of the best coaching staffs in the state. The idea that Cleveland should be a part of D2 is asinine! Baylor parents pay up near $40k a year for their kids to go to school there, Jones just bank rolls the wrestling team, and that is it! It does not change that they CANT recruit, no matter how much money Jones gives them, they have the same body of students to pick from as other schools. He brings in coaches to give the kids the best opportunity for success. And for the most part it will improve wrestling.

Hey, Mike.

You just got teched!

I'd say DaisyMay stuck scotty boy several times! As far as the bricks and mortar go, as someone who literally helped build the original building (which I later found out was funded at least partially by the Allan's dad) across the street from Fullbright Park ... did that win a state championship for Cleveland? It may have helped and we certainly didn't mind not having to pile and scramble over mats in the center row of a school bus and go back and forth to Stuart school to practice... but the differential that won the (one and only for that year) 1980 state championship for Cleveland IMHO was when Duane Schriver brought Al Miller to Cleveland to start the junior high program in 1974 (and having bcb's Dead Beetle in that group of kids didn't hurt) and all the hard work they put in year round. I also believe Bradley owes much of their success to their youth program started years ago. The first BCHS wrestler to earn a state medal is a friend of mine and he still praises Coach Morris for getting him started in wrestling as a young kid every time we reminisce about back in the day.

I thank God for generous folks like Allan Jones, who has done WAY WAY WAY more for wrestling and other sports than most people will ever know.

I'd say DaisyMay stuck scotty boy several times! As far as the bricks and mortar go, as someone who literally helped build the original building (which I later found out was funded at least partially by the Allan's dad) across the street from Fullbright Park ... did that win a state championship for Cleveland? It may have helped and we certainly didn't mind not having to pile and scramble over mats in the center row of a school bus and go back and forth to Stuart school to practice... but the differential that won the (one and only for that year) 1980 state championship for Cleveland IMHO was when Duane Schriver brought Al Miller to Cleveland to start the junior high program in 1974 (and having bcb's Dead Beetle in that group of kids didn't hurt) and all the hard work they put in year round. I also believe Bradley owes much of their success to their youth program started years ago. The first BCHS wrestler to earn a state medal is a friend of mine and he still praises Coach Morris for getting him started in wrestling as a young kid every time we reminisce about back in the day.

I thank God for generous folks like Allan Jones, who has done WAY WAY WAY more for wrestling and other sports than most people will ever know.

Hooray! You just said DaisyMay stuck me and then said I was right with everything about Cleveland's coaching staff. I don't know why so many people refuse to see the truth. Cleveland has the best EVERYTHING and still is not close to winning a state title, and before you say they're runnerup 6 times or whaever...we all know their 2nd place finish is very far from a first place.

To conclude this topic.

Hiring the best coaching staff in the state - ALOT

Building the best wrestling facility in the state filled with plasma tv's - A WHOLE LOT

Building the best team in state and winning a state championship - PRICELESS

When materials things are needed you can count on your VISA debit/credit card, but if you're wanting to buy a state wrestling championship, VISA is no help. Sorry Allan Jones money can't buy everything, but it can land a hot wife, so don't be too hard yourself.

To conclude this topic.

Hiring the best coaching staff in the state - ALOT

Building the best wrestling facility in the state filled with plasma tv's - A WHOLE LOT

Building the best team in state and winning a state championship - PRICELESS

When materials things are needed you can count on your VISA debit/credit card, but if you're wanting to buy a state wrestling championship, VISA is no help. Sorry Allan Jones money can't buy everything, but it can land a hot wife, so don't be too hard yourself.

HAHAHAHA.......WOW, earlier you post that you shouldnt have brought Mr. Jones's name into it (it is Mr. to you) and now you are talking about his money being the reason for his marital status. I'm going to go ahead and speak for everyone here by calling you an IGNORANT FOOL.

1st of all- Bradley, Cleveland, McCallie, Baylor, Father Ryan, Soddy Daisy all have GREAT coaching staffs. To voice an opinion on who is the best just makes you come off as an idiot.

2nd- Braldey has a pretty nice wrestling room as well does Soddy. They all 3 have won championships. heck, Bradley won them before they even had a room. WHAT IS YOUR POINT? What does a building or no building have to do with anything? Cleveland also I believe gave Bradley a good run for their money in last years State Duals finals. They have been contending for state titles for YEARS now. Before and after the Jones Center was built.

Allan Jones is a great supporter of wrestling and just so happens to be an alumni of Cleveland High. He has helped start up team by buying their mats for them, he has given money to NUMEROUS teams for years. Dont bash a team nor a man for being succesful and considerate.

You never answered the question about the coaching staffs at Bradley and Cleveland either. I'm assuming you dont know a darn thing about either of them honestly. I feel very sorry that Coach Price and the Chattanooga Central program has to deal with you and have you name "mikescott" associated with them.

Word of advice, have an opinion, but dont voice it if its going to make you look like a jerk off.

Bradley Central High School Wrestling Building

Even though Allan Jones graduated from Cleveland High School, he is equally generous when it comes to his old alma mater’s chief rival, Bradley Central High School. Witness his more than $100,000 donation to Bradley’s wrestling facility. The Wrestling Practice Room at Bradley High was donated by Jones in honor of his parents, W.A. (Bill) and Virginia Slaughter Jones, both graduates of the school.

UTC Wrestling Program

A major supporter of amateur wrestling, both at the high school and college level, Jones is a recognized stalwart in the annals of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s wrestling program. Whether it’s for equipment, scholarships, or the wrestling building itself, Jones’ $150,000 donation has made a healthy impact on the UTC program.

Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum

Dan Gable is a legend in the wrestling world. As an Olympic competitor in the Munich Games of 1972, he brought home the Gold Medal. And as a college coach, he was a two-time NCAA champion and brought Iowa 15 NCAA titles and 21 Big Ten team titles, not to mention “Coach of the Year†three times. To honor this legend and help continue the fine work that he does, Allan Jones was proud to make a sizeable donation to the Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum in Waterloo, Iowa.

Allan is also sponsoring NWCA scoring software for EVERY Tennessee high school wrestling program this year.

Edited by StarRaider

• 3 months later...

Cleveland money man Allan Jones always seems to be supplying the Cleveland Wrestling Team with enough money to buy an outrageous facility and coaching staff. How much money does he pour into the program? You would think a man like himself would realize he's getting a poor return on investment by them not achieving a state title yet, or even defeating Bradley. To what extent does money increase success?

Maybe this past Saturday's results will shut mikescott's mouth,,,,,,mission accomplished! Congrats to the Raiders.