Maryville's region

G94Tucker

If you do not want to hear about MARYVILLE then why are you on this thread mr blah blah? It seems as though many folks do not understand the MHS / AHS paradigm. While no one likes to loose , generally speaking over the last decade, the only loses incurred by either team were to each other with a few others here and there. GO LOOK at the numbers for yourself. To me this is a great problem to have. Shouldn't you be on your own thread concentrating on the F5 that you will be colliding with once again very soon. BTW , jealousy does not become you.

Bandwagon jumping does not become you..

Red Rebels tell them where Greyrider is from...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roflol: Which team do you support in Knoxville?? Apparently they don't play Maryville. Maryville's middle school and freshman teams haven't got beat in like three years. Well they did split with Alcoa 3 years ago but besides that their games haven't even been close. I can tell you as an Alcoa fan their days of dominance is FAR from over. I have watched a lot of football and can tell you they will be loaded the next 4 or 5 years. Just remember I said that in about 3 years.

Which district in Memphis is tougher than 4AAA???

16AAA and 15AAA maybe also.

Before Maryville thinks too far ahead they still have to beat a better Farragut team that only lost to them by 7 points earlier, and an undefeated DB team. There maybe an unset on the horizon.

Not sure what an "unset" is but I can tell you firsthand that the Rebel coaches spent copius amounts of time in the film room this weekend, have boatloads of respect for the Ads, and as a team are not even thinking about DB or anybody else. Challenge: show us a game in the last decade where Maryville thought "too far ahead" and were "unset."

:roflol: Which team do you support in Knoxville?? Apparently they don't play Maryville. Maryville's middle school and freshman teams haven't got beat in like three years. Well they did split with Alcoa 3 years ago but besides that their games haven't even been close. I can tell you as an Alcoa fan their days of dominance is FAR from over. I have watched a lot of football and can tell you they will be loaded the next 4 or 5 years. Just remember I said that in about 3 years.

Which district in Memphis is tougher than 4AAA???

If maryville was still a 4a team then they could still be dominate or even 5a but im sorry no team including alcoa can play 6a ball and win multiple championships in a row sorry but it wont happen. To much spread out talent like the SEC u can be a great team and lose to a team not as good as u simply just because u slipped up. As a 4a team u have weeks where u know for a fact that ur gonna win no question u cant do that in 6a so yes the days of maryville state champions back 2 back 2 back will never happen again.

Take if it from me and most DB fans,we have nothing but respect for the Maryville football program...how could you not with all the victories and state championships..I hope Maryville and DB take care of their business this week...Having Maryville coming to Kingsport to play will cause as much excitement as there has been here ever....J Fred Johnson Stadium would be rocking...hope both teams win and stay healthy and get ready for the coach t board to explode

ROLL TRIBE!

If maryville was still a 4a team then they could still be dominate or even 5a but im sorry no team including alcoa can play 6a ball and win multiple championships in a row sorry but it wont happen. To much spread out talent like the SEC u can be a great team and lose to a team not as good as u simply just because u slipped up. As a 4a team u have weeks where u know for a fact that ur gonna win no question u cant do that in 6a so yes the days of maryville state champions back 2 back 2 back will never happen again.

I remember several years when Maryville had to scratch and claw to make it to the State Final . Epic Battles between Maryville , Morristown West , Central , Powell and others during the Playoffs .... and those were with some very talented Maryville teams . Last year with what most every fan of Maryville football thought was going to be a down , rebuilding year , Maryville slid right into the State Championship game . Granted Maryville lost once they got there but the playoff path to the State game was actually a lot easier than I remember several years of 4A ever being . Maryville did have a couple of close calls during the regular season with Farragut and Catholic , but the playoff games were mostly over by halftime . Numbers alone do not make a Football team .... which team would you bet on ? Science Hill with over 2400 students or Alcoa ... with what 500 or so ?? No one from Maryville is claiming dominance , but you guys who keep claiming things will be so different now that Maryville has to play with the " Big Boys " just keep motivating Maryville that much more .... so thanks I guess .

I remember several years when Maryville had to scratch and claw to make it to the State Final . Epic Battles between Maryville , Morristown West , Central , Powell and others during the Playoffs .... and those were with some very talented Maryville teams . Last year with what most every fan of Maryville football thought was going to be a down , rebuilding year , Maryville slid right into the State Championship game . Granted Maryville lost once they got there but the playoff path to the State game was actually a lot easier than I remember several years of 4A ever being . Maryville did have a couple of close calls during the regular season with Farragut and Catholic , but the playoff games were mostly over by halftime . Numbers alone do not make a Football team .... which team would you bet on ? Science Hill with over 2400 students or Alcoa ... with what 500 or so ?? No one from Maryville is claiming dominance , but you guys who keep claiming things will be so different now that Maryville has to play with the " Big Boys " just keep motivating Maryville that much more .... so thanks I guess .

Would you say the Vols are playing the big boys right now?

Being a life long Oak Ridge fan, I don't know where some of you think Oak Ridge fans are Maryville haters. We have always respected the program and look forward to the day when our program is back at the same level it was a few years ago. Oak Ridge has had a long proud tradition of winning too and know what it is like to have the bullseye on your back. Good Luck Maryville the rest of the way and we are happy to have you back on the schedule for the next two years.

Being a life long Oak Ridge fan, I don't know where some of you think Oak Ridge fans are Maryville haters. We have always respected the program and look forward to the day when our program is back at the same level it was a few years ago. Oak Ridge has had a long proud tradition of winning too and know what it is like to have the bullseye on your back. Good Luck Maryville the rest of the way and we are happy to have you back on the schedule for the next two years.

There's just one Oak Ridge "Maryville hater" , Maryville doesn't hold that against you guys . Maryville feels the same way about Oak Ridge , we are proud to play a team with the tradition , history and respect that Oak Ridge has . I've got a feeling in the years to come this will become one of the greatest rivalries in the State and we will only push each other to new levels of Play , good luck to the Wild Cats this week .