Gallatin 2011

GREENWAVE84EG

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Coach Lassiter is not retiring. This has been a talking point the last couple of years, but I have not been able to find any concrete evidence to back up these claims. 2. I have not heard about playing JP2 next year, but I know Coach Lassiter was going to try to sign on for another home and away series with Brentwood. The one that I found the most interest in was Trousdale County for the opening game of the season. I doubt that Hillsboro will remain on the schedule next year.

JPII may be the worst team in Sumner County! I bet whoever thought it was a coaching issue is rethinking that right now, since Jeff Brothers has his team in the second round of the playoffs after an 8-2 record in the regular season.

I was told two years ago by a parent who pulled his kid out of Beech and sent him to JP2 that he would get better coaching, play with better athletes and get more college exposure. Haven't heard from him recently...

I was told two years ago by a parent who pulled his kid out of Beech and sent him to JP2 that he would get better coaching, play with better athletes and get more college exposure. Haven't heard from him recently...

I bet I could guess who you're refering to and I would bet you're not going to hear from him. I know of a few kids in a similar boat there. JPII is destined for failure. They can't compete with Sumner County schools, let alone the teams in their district.

There is no way I would pull my kid from Beech, Hendersonville, Gallatin and send them to JPII for athletic reason. The academics are comparable and I'm not catholic, so I can't see the reason...

Gallatin playing Trousdale Co....please!! Not gonna happen, that makes apsolutely no sense for either squad. I also doubt JPII wants anything to do with Gallatin. What I have been hearing is that most of the mid-state 5-A teams are in the same boat. They want the sure wins and are shying away from playing teams like Gallatin. Scheduling has become tougher with this playoff system. Look for maybe one 5-A mid state school and possibly some 6-A mid state powers. I have been told several of the teams still competing in the playoffs have already been contacted and they said "no thanks".

I would be shocked if Gallatin and Trousdale County played, although it would make for a very interesting game.

I don't know how scheduling "sure win" teams will work for most, because those sure win teams logically will also be trying to schedule sure win teams, if you can follow what I mean. Now, the only schools in Tennessee that overall record doesn't factor into the playoffs are the private schools. Their playoff seeding is still based on district records (seems like they have the best deal!). I know a lot of public schools don't want to play the privates, however.

Gallatin playing Trousdale Co....please!! Not gonna happen, that makes apsolutely no sense for either squad. I also doubt JPII wants anything to do with Gallatin. What I have been hearing is that most of the mid-state 5-A teams are in the same boat. They want the sure wins and are shying away from playing teams like Gallatin. Scheduling has become tougher with this playoff system. Look for maybe one 5-A mid state school and possibly some 6-A mid state powers. I have been told several of the teams still competing in the playoffs have already been contacted and they said "no thanks".

Don't be so sure about this. I know Gallatin was the one to make first contact. Not sure if we can get the dates to match up, but the talks have been in the works, none the less. I for one would love to see this happen.