Lincoln County Football Coach

Clay

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Old Dad - Chime on in. We are waiting to see your post. But please not current Asst. Coaches from the LC staff.

Absolutely NO idea. While I have relatives down there, we all are smart enough not to play in the politics there. <_<

Only thing I know for sure is that I RESPECT Coach Thompson and know he will be missed by some. Others won't miss him, but that is their problem to deal with.

Coach Thompson, for all you have given to the game of football, THANK YOU! :thumb:

If I had to take a guess, the HC from Giles Co. (O'Connor, is that his name?)

Yes. O'Connor is a Lincoln Co Alum. That is the rumor we have been hearing at Giles Co. I don't think Johnson would take it....sure he would like it but the job he just took in Little Rock at Pulaski Academy is a top notch job, and his wife has family near that school.

I have heard from some very reliable sources and I am hearing that the job is O'Connor's. I was also told that 4 coaches from Giles Co. would be taking jobs here in Jan. and that Punk would be here about Christmas. Let me put this way with these sources I will have to see someone else come in before I would believe it, although nothing is a given.

I've heard that its OC's job and I've heard its his as soon as Christmas break is over.But he wants his whole coaching staff to go with him and Lincoln county doesnt want all of to come with him.

Nope not just yet. Why would LC not want a staff that's 52 & 11 over the past five years with 5 straight playoff berths and a gold ball? 5 L's to DL, 2 to Columbia, 1 each to Boliver, Cookeville, Page, & Lawrenceburg. You will not find a better staff from top to bottom anywhere.

What they want & what they will get may be two different animals :thumb:

Nope not just yet. Why would LC not want a staff that's 52 & 11 over the past five years with 5 straight playoff berths and a gold ball? 5 L's to DL, 2 to Columbia, 1 each to Boliver, Cookeville, Page, & Lawrenceburg. You will not find a better staff from top to bottom anywhere.

What they want & what they will get may be two different animals :thumb:

You are right. That is a great coaching staff. I think most are from Lincoln County ...lol, but we have assistant coaches that are coaches in other sports. So I think that is the reason for only wanted David and probably Joey. Rumors will fly. They have been all year.

I'm not sure who the next coach will be but he will have some big shoes to fill..

I think the job is David's if they can work out the details but hard to tell.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Edited by naildriver247

All of the fore named coaches would be great replacements for Coach Thompson. I am afraid, however, that the biggest obstacle to replacing Coach T with the caliber coach that Lincoln County wants is going to be money. Lincoln County is not one the biggest coaching interests when it comes to salary. Coach Thompson has been more deserving than his pay for years. The Falcons were fortunate to keep him as long as the did. BUT, if the powers that be will dig deep enough into their pocket, they have a lot of very qualified replacements at their disposal to keep Falcon Fever alive in Lincoln County. Thank you Coach Louis Thompson for your years of dedicated service to Falcon Football, and best wishes to you and Peggy in the future.