Giles County Coach

Clay

O'C is gone after Xmas. LC is primed to receive him with open arms. Incredible career by Coach Thompson. Tough act to follow. Not too sure about O'Cs assistants. JD will not leave Williamson County. Too much $ and he could get the Summitt job if he wanted.

Ahhhh. Follow up fable from Shakespeare. A short Irish tragedy from the 1600's.

"To be, or not to be" is the question. He is gone after Xmas oh Macbeth. South for short weeks vacation thus returning after the dawn of a new year to begin preparation for another championship run as a BOBCAT!

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Hey Macbeth. He's talking about you. The signifying nothing part.

"Go forth young men and beat down adversity as OC returns to the dismay of the Lincoln faithful to continue as the leader of the Bobcat program". WeOutManGreeneville. circa 2010 Act IV - final chapter. :roflolk:

Ahhhh. Follow up fable from Shakespeare. A short Irish tragedy from the 1600's.

"To be, or not to be" is the question. He is gone after Xmas oh Macbeth. South for short weeks vacation thus returning after the dawn of a new year to begin preparation for another championship run as a BOBCAT!

"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Hey Macbeth. He's talking about you. The signifying nothing part.

"Go forth young men and beat down adversity as OC returns to the dismay of the Lincoln faithful to continue as the leader of the Bobcat program". WeOutManGreeneville. circa 2010 Act IV - final chapter. :roflolk:

"Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble."

well done! I commend your pains;

And every one shall share i' the gains;

And now about the cauldron sing,

Live elves and fairies in a ring

Enchanting all that you put in.

Second Witch

"By the pricking of my thumbs,

Something wicked this way comes."

Of course WiseOldManGiles, this all speculation and I just wanted to put my 2.7 cents worth in. It does not amount to a hill of beans, but OC does seem like the logical choice. He has done an incredible job at GC. Good luck to all.

"Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn and cauldron bubble."

well done! I commend your pains;

And every one shall share i' the gains;

And now about the cauldron sing,

Live elves and fairies in a ring

Enchanting all that you put in.

Second Witch

"By the pricking of my thumbs,

Something wicked this way comes."

Of course WiseOldManGiles, this all speculation and I just wanted to put my 2.7 cents worth in. It does not amount to a hill of beans, but OC does seem like the logical choice. He has done an incredible job at GC. Good luck to all.

Thanks Mac B. "Something wicked this way comes". Classic and I hope it applies to the Cats tonight :ph34r:

I have been told that Thomas was the only coach staying, but who knows.

Word is that these two coaching factions don't like each other at all. If he comes everybody there has to go. Sounds like a storm brewing in Lincoln County.....a storm wil give you a new direction but it's not always the one your hoping for.

Word is that these two coaching factions don't like each other at all. If he comes everybody there has to go. Sounds like a storm brewing in Lincoln County.....a storm wil give you a new direction but it's not always the one your hoping for.

I have heard the same thing, but I look for Thomas to be on the coaching staff for a year or so. Word is that he will step into the AD spot when Coach Thompson retires all together. But as I said before who knows.

I have heard the same thing, but I look for Thomas to be on the coaching staff for a year or so. Word is that he will step into the AD spot when Coach Thompson retires all together. But as I said before who knows.

Ya know I want the best for our boys here in Giles County and hope for good things for your young men as well. Our program has great support and we need a coach that wants to be here. Most people I know like OC and recognize him as a good coach but constant rumors of him going to Alabama to get retirement or half a dozen schools last year and of coures Lincoln Co this year haven't created the scence of family one might like to have in their program. Like you have had in your previous coach. Best of luck to both schools and all involved.

Ya know I want the best for our boys here in Giles County and hope for good things for your young men as well. Our program has great support and we need a coach that wants to be here. Most people I know like OC and recognize him as a good coach but constant rumors of him going to Alabama to get retirement or half a dozen schools last year and of coures Lincoln Co this year haven't created the scence of family one might like to have in their program. Like you have had in your previous coach. Best of luck to both schools and all involved.

I hear what you are saying Rocky but if you have a coach nobody wants it means a 4 & 6 season is considered a success. Your motto is 2 & 8, we replicate! OC doesn't start the offer carousel but so far he hasn't jumped on board. It would stand to reason any teacher would jump at the opportunity to cross the border to receive a dual retirement. Can't blame him for that.

OC has done nothing but bust his tail to prepare the Cats from week to week. Most of the yapping has come from LC. OC has given total commitment to the program. The olly thing keeping a "family" from happening is a few local jealous jerks that serve no purpose other than to waste good oxygen :thumb:

I hear what you are saying Rocky but if you have a coach nobody wants it means a 4 & 6 season is considered a success. Your motto is 2 & 8, we replicate! OC doesn't start the offer carousel but so far he hasn't jumped on board. It would stand to reason any teacher would jump at the opportunity to cross the border to receive a dual retirement. Can't blame him for that.

OC has done nothing but bust his tail to prepare the Cats from week to week. Most of the yapping has come from LC. OC has given total commitment to the program. The olly thing keeping a "family" from happening is a few local jealous jerks that serve no purpose other than to waste good oxygen :thumb:

Most of the "yapping" I have heard is from Giles Co.people. I believe this is on a Giles Co. thread not a L.C. thread.

If David wants to come, then we will welcome him with open arms, if not then we will find another quality coach that wants the job, might already be on the staff now, who knows. The main reason for all the talk is the fact that the job is now open, David and the majority of his staff are from L.C., played at L.C. and I believe still live here. It is just natural that someone might want to go back home if given the chance to coach where they went to school and played. I believe that David and his staff have way too much respect for coach Thompson to comment on anything about that until he made it official.

We should all know something before christmas, as far as who gets the job.