All-State

ballbasher30

Over 110 players make ALL-STATE in a sport in which eleven players take the field. Honestly, we are right back to participation medals. Everyone gets a state championship and everyone gets an ALL-STATE. First, no slight to any of the girls on the list nor the girls not on the list. Pick the top 11 players and call it a day.

Its an honor, not a right.

Agreed. They could at least name a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team like the colleges do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is the THSSCA team chosen? i know of two girls who did not make the A-AA team. one scored 45 goals as a sophomore this year and the other had 25 assists, two shy of the state record. both help lead their teams to a school record number of wins this year. the girl who scored 45 goals ths year made this all-state team last year as a freshmen with 29 goals. do the teams the girls play for have to advance to a certain round of the post season to qualify as it seems like most of the players come from teams that make it to the state tournament? also, crystal mazkezyk of spring hill should have been on this team as well.

Over 110 players make ALL-STATE in a sport in which eleven players take the field. Honestly, we are right back to participation medals. Everyone gets a state championship and everyone gets an ALL-STATE. First, no slight to any of the girls on the list nor the girls not on the list. Pick the top 11 players and call it a day.

Its an honor, not a right.

I agree, well stated. I can think of several players right off the bat that did not make. The all american is funny too. This state has never received 2 AA, but this year we did. Wonder who #2 on the list was that the string was pulled for in AAA?

Summer scored a gazillion goals for SD, as a forward though.

Summer is an awesome player and no question one of the best in the state and deserves to be on the list. Just wondering though. Why are several forwards given defensive spots for all state? She was not the only one. Defenders are overlooked and underrated as it is. Give the best ones the opportunity to be reocognized rather than use those spots as a chance to give more forwards glory.

Some of the teams that made it to State made it on the backs of the defenders. Move those forwards back to see if they would do as well. Many times best player on the team made is a defender because the coach knows she won't let the attack get by, and moves the ball forward and keeping the ball in the attacking third.

Agree, make a first team and second team and be consistant with positions, or at least the forwards placed in defender positions should have played a significant amount of time in that position.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, there's a lot of political hokey-pokey among the coaches to select the all-state players, so it's not like the most deserving at each position necessarily made the list anyway. (Not that anyone was left off, I guess. Did any Tennessee player NOT make all-state?)

Why in the world are there all-state selections from BOTH DII divisions?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering that too.

Last year the THSSCA put out their All-State list in the end of November, and the TSWA put out their All-State list the first week of December. Since their over a month late, I am wondering if the TSWA is even bothering with girls soccer anymore. Since the entire 'sports-writing' market this fall was almost totally boys football, with girls soccer getting almost zero press, maybe they've just cut their budgets back to only follow football in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year the THSSCA put out their All-State list in the end of November, and the TSWA put out their All-State list the first week of December. Since their over a month late, I am wondering if the TSWA is even bothering with girls soccer anymore. Since the entire 'sports-writing' market this fall was almost totally boys football, with girls soccer getting almost zero press, maybe they've just cut their budgets back to only follow football in the fall.

What else is new in this state.

what else is new in this state, GS always takes a back seat