3-A Playoffs

logcabinman

1st 2 rounds of playoffs are fine. I would make the third round change to keep 2 teams from district from facing each other in the third round. I would have top bracket play lower bracket pairing higher seed facing lower seed. Then four 4th round I would have top half top seed play lower seed at a designated sight. I think the last rounds would be much more exciting and it would give a strong district a chance to have 2 teams have a chance at state title if that is the way it is.

1st 2 rounds of playoffs are fine. I would make the third round change to keep 2 teams from district from facing each other in the third round. I would have top bracket play lower bracket pairing higher seed facing lower seed. Then four 4th round I would have top half top seed play lower seed at a designated sight. I think the last rounds would be much more exciting and it would give a strong district a chance to have 2 teams have a chance at state title if that is the way it is.

No major professional sports can't have two teams from the same conference in the championship game, why should TSSAA? Not in the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, or the NBA Championship. The only team that might benefit from this would be CAK. They might have a few silver balls in the trophy case under your plan.

Excellent idea...Seriously, it will never happen, but it does address any district that has 2 strong teams and at least allows them to have a shot to go further. Sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same general area. I remember a really good Knox Central team that barely lost to the eventual state champ Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge then went on to win the state in a 30-0 blow out.

Excellent idea...Seriously, it will never happen, but it does address any district that has 2 strong teams and at least allows them to have a shot to go further. Sometimes the 2 best teams are in the same general area. I remember a really good Knox Central team that barely lost to the eventual state champ Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge then went on to win the state in a 30-0 blow out.

Only because Oak Ridge was open zone......

Just sayin'. :flower:

No major professional sports can't have two teams from the same conference in the championship game, why should TSSAA? Not in the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, or the NBA Championship. The only team that might benefit from this would be CAK. They might have a few silver balls in the trophy case under your plan.

I agree, but these kids only get the one shot in four years to play for that Gold ball. I think that the better teams should have a better oppportunity to get that shot. Professional teams can try again the next year. Yes if CAK is deserving of 3 silver balls then they should have gotten the opportunity.

I agree, but these kids only get the one shot in four years to play for that Gold ball. I think that the better teams should have a better oppportunity to get that shot. Professional teams can try again the next year. Yes if CAK is deserving of 3 silver balls then they should have gotten the opportunity.

Good point.