West Creek Coach Fired

westcreek15

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Coyote Coach did an excellent job! Congrats on making the postseason in only the school's 2nd year of varsity football....i don't know what else to say or what more was expected! We in Henry County wish you well! The Coyotes players, managers, and coaches were always very respectful during their two visits to Paris this past season!

This is the terrible thing about coaching, Goodwin did a heck of a job and in his second year was the 3rd best team i clarksville, behind NE, and Clarksville, it is this kind of change that does not allow the clarksville schools to build any consistant success, look at kenwood and rossview and nw, West creek gets better and those three programs go backwards and Goodwin gets fired. Congrats to goodwin and the west creek players on a successful season, lyou guys have come a long way.

The West Creek players have no reason to hate Johnson! He came in and helped them when they were at Northeast. If they hate him, it is just because of the NEHS rivalry. He is doing what is in the best interest for their program. Shelby will not be the next coach there. Goodwin has only been there two years, and been suspended twice. That is not ok with administration. They had a decent year this year, i will say that. Clarksville schools are down this year. Northeast is the best school, and Clarksville beat a Springfield team that was only the second seed because they beat all the Clarksville schools. Johnson will do a good job, and hire a coach that will be respectful, and do a good job. Goodwin was not good for the program.

The West Creek players have no reason to hate Johnson! He came in and helped them when they were at Northeast. If they hate him, it is just because of the NEHS rivalry. He is doing what is in the best interest for their program. Shelby will not be the next coach there. Goodwin has only been there two years, and been suspended twice. That is not ok with administration. They had a decent year this year, i will say that. Clarksville schools are down this year. Northeast is the best school, and Clarksville beat a Springfield team that was only the second seed because they beat all the Clarksville schools. Johnson will do a good job, and hire a coach that will be respectful, and do a good job. Goodwin was not good for the program.

You are right to say that the kids shouldn't hate Johnson. You are wrong to insinuate that Goodwin is not respectful. Johnson didn't fire Goodwin. I have had the pleasure to work with both and they are both great men. Goodwin was suspended for game one this year because he was ejected last season for an assistant coach getting a flag in the same game that he got a flag for telling the ref that it was because of him that a kid was knocked out cold. We were in a faculty meeting the next week someone asked him what happened and he said, "I was an idiot and I called the official and told him that. I was worried about the kid and I got emotional." As for this year he asked permission to send a kid to a camp with his own money. It was approved by the principal, ad, and district level too. Three months later someone told the fill in principal that Goodwin paid for a kid to go to camp when they were at a scrimmage game. The fill in told Johnson two weeks later and Johnson immediately told Goodwin. None of them knew it was a violation until then. The TSSAA was going to make the player ineligible for the year. Goodwin offered to resign if they would not punish the kid and they accepted his resignation. Johnson stood up for Goodwin and asked that they suspend him for two weeks. Goodwin and Johnson are both men of integrity and character. They aren't perfect and you are all pointing those things in the wrong direction. They are both great for West Creek. It is the other people who need to go. The ones who caused this aren't Athletic directors, coaches, parents, or players. We need them both.