4.Cloudland

5.University High

1.Unicoi

2.Elizabethton

3.Happy Valley

4.Sullivan East

5.Sullivan North

6.Johnson County

Unaka and Cloudland could pretty much go either way I think Unaka has a little bit more of an edge coming into this year. The Watauga is pretty much a lock though in the 3,4,5,6 spot. I honestly dont see any of the other 4 teams finishing no higher than 3rd and that will more than likely be Happy Valley.

Edited by catfishchuck2011

Easy (King) They beat two teams who might win 4 games all season. Cumberland Gap not so bad but not so good either.Beat Sullivan South and Daniel Boone who are pretty top quality opponents then we can get back to your little debate.

They've competed well against Boone and South in the past. I don't see why this year will be any different. You have to respect the tradition of the Lady Highlanders. I'd feel even better if they up and beat Hampton or NG who I think are better than either South or Boone.

I watched the Cloudland vs Sullivan South game tonight at Happy Valley. South pretty much dominated through three quarters, building close to a twenty point lead. Cloudland turned up the pressure and finally hit a few shots, closing the gap to six in the fourth. The game was extremely sloppy. Both teams missed a ton of open shots and layups. Turnovers were plentiful. Cloudland is scrappy, young, and small. If they beat Hampton, I will be surprised. I do think they can play with and have a good chance to beat Unaka. I do not know enough about North Greene to venture a guess. Unaka looked ok in beating an overmatched Johnson County. Raven Wilson and C. Cox played well for Unaka. South is going to struggle against AAA teams.

Cloudland beat Boone today, I believe it was 47-40. Boone is rebuilding and is still not a real strong team, but they are AAA, so credit Cloudland with a good win. I thought Bethany Chambers played really well.

Unicoi County beat Unaka about 80-50. Unicoi pressed and played a much more up tempo style than they have in the past. Neither team played great defense. Unicoi Co. shot wide open threes and made uncontested layups all afternoon. King and Bennet had nice games for Unicoi. Cox and Wilson continue to lead the Lady Rangers.

Scoreboard says Hampton beat Cherokee 61-60. If that is correct, chalk up a nice win for the Lady Bulldogs over a AAA opponent.

Johnson County lost about 50-30 to Crockett. The Lady Longhorns jumped out to an 11-1 lead, but could not find the basket much in the final three quarters. Both of these teams play hard, but have some work to do on ballhandling and shooting.

Elizabethton had a nice win over AAA Morristown West 64-45, avenging a bad loss last year. West lost three players to college hoops off of last years state runner-up team, but still had good size and an athletic team. Chelsea Bowling had a great game for Betsy.

Happy Valley was about tied with South when I left before halftime. The Lady Warriors are sloppy with turnovers, but are doing some good things.

Edited by coachh17