Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

How many rushing yards did they give up? 200 or 250? Tackles 10 yards down the field are not impressive. Boyd completely controlled the line of scrimmage where those two boys play. And why are you bashing a school with less kids, if your stats are right. You can only play 11 kids on the field at one time and how much money you have off the field has no impact on the field?? Sounds like your more bitter than I am.

Bittefan get over it. You just want to try to put these boys down they had a great year.

D&D your point wasn't proven. Any teams offense would look average or worse against Boyds defense. They are just that good!

Bottom line is Boyd is a great team. Wartburg had a great team for this area but there are probably 4 or 5 schools across the state in 2a that we just dont have the overall talent to match up with & Boyd is one of them.

I must say I talked with one of the Wartburg coaches last night & he said that Boyds players & coaches were the classiest bunch he had seen in a long time & due to that he hopes they win state. From what I could tell from the stands I feel the same. You guys earned a lot of respect down here with your play & your actions. Got some Wartburg people pulling for you guys. Its easy to pull for the BLUE. We can come watch you all in cookeville our wardrobe is already decked out in blue & white lol.

Wartburg players & coaches if any of you read this. We are very proud of you for the ride you took us on this year. It was fun. No matter what some say on here you guys were anything but average! You all had a great year, keep your heads up!

Me2 I'm just talking sensibly to a bunch of FAIR WEATHER Wartburg fans. I was at a game three years ago and there was about 1/4 the amount of people then at the games this year. Everyone jumped on the Wartburg band wagon and with good reason. They had the most COMPETITIVE team they've had in a long time. Notice I said COMPETITIVE, not the best. They had a great year, but the ran into a defense that was athletic and fast. They use to play those defenses every week. I understand you praising these boys for this year, but your also down grading every kid that played there before. I'm not down grading anyone, just talking sensibly to a bunch of parents and or players that are not appreciative of the situation they've been given. Many people friday night we're cheering like they had the week before, and the sad fact is every game was against talent like Boyd three years ago. If I knew that someone on here was a player, depending on the player, I would praise him. But the boys on that team that deserve praise would not be on here talking themselves up because they are appreciative for the situation, unlike many fans and parents.

Me2 I'm just talking sensibly to a bunch of FAIR WEATHER Wartburg fans. I was at a game three years ago and there was about 1/4 the amount of people then at the games this year. Everyone jumped on the Wartburg band wagon and with good reason. They had the most COMPETITIVE team they've had in a long time. Notice I said COMPETITIVE, not the best. They had a great year, but the ran into a defense that was athletic and fast. They use to play those defenses every week. I understand you praising these boys for this year, but your also down grading every kid that played there before. I'm not down grading anyone, just talking sensibly to a bunch of parents and or players that are not appreciative of the situation they've been given. Many people friday night we're cheering like they had the week before, and the sad fact is every game was against talent like Boyd three years ago. If I knew that someone on here was a player, depending on the player, I would praise him. But the boys on that team that deserve praise would not be on here talking themselves up because they are appreciative for the situation, unlike many fans and parents.

Bitterfan it sounds like you might be someone who played at wartburg during those days. I was around back then too. I have to say we had a few good team during the late 90s & early 2000s that were as good as this years team. Remember John T & those boys? Really good teams. I dont think any of us are taking anything away from those teams we are just glad to be doing good again.

Let me add that we didnt play teams like Boyd on a weekly basis. We played teams like that 3 times a year 1. Alcoa 2. CAK & 3. Loudon. Other than that our schedule was about the same as it is now. Dont believe me? The shedule for those really good 8-4 teams in 2001 & 2002 included Sunbright, Coalfield, Rockwood, Oakdale,Harriman, Jellico, & Oliver Springs Thats 7 teams that were on our schedule this year so its pretty much the same. Oh & CAK & Loudon were not even in our district then. There was Sweetwater but they werent as good as Boyd is.

Im just saying Im a dawg supporter no matter what & the schedule hasnt changed as much as you think. But I am glad we dont play Alcoa anymore lol.

Bitterfan it sounds like you might be someone who played at wartburg during those days. I was around back then too. I have to say we had a few good team during the late 90s & early 2000s that were as good as this years team. Remember John T & those boys? Really good teams. I dont think any of us are taking anything away from those teams we are just glad to be doing good again.

Let me add that we didnt play teams like Boyd on a weekly basis. We played teams like that 3 times a year 1. Alcoa 2. CAK & 3. Loudon. Other than that our schedule was about the same as it is now. Dont believe me? The shedule for those really good 8-4 teams in 2001 & 2002 included Sunbright, Coalfield, Rockwood, Oakdale,Harriman, Jellico, & Oliver Springs Thats 7 teams that were on our schedule this year so its pretty much the same. Oh & CAK & Loudon were not even in our district then. There was Sweetwater but they werent as good as Boyd is.

Im just saying Im a dawg supporter no matter what & the schedule hasnt changed as much as you think. But I am glad we dont play Alcoa anymore lol.

I agree whole heartedly with 98% of this post. The only thing I'd like to point out here is that the 03 team with "John T and the boys" was a bunch of prima donna would be super stars who blew a shot at the playoffs with their arrogant attitudes and self centered actions. I vividly recall the seniors that year coming off the field, slinging their helmets and talking back to the coach who was dumb enough to stand there and take it. Yes, you're right in that there were good teams with that bunch but when they became seniors they didn't play as a tem at all. I think this year's team should be commended for playing hard, listening to coaches, and from what I could tell playing class the majority of hte time. I wish those senior guys well and I'd to see a few of them play on Saturday!

Sweetwater is a very good program that has D1 players filter through every so often. So There's 4. Rockwood had a very disappointing year considering the years they've had in the past. Now we're up to 5. Then there was times here recently where they played Catholic, or Scott County, Now we're up to 6. All I'm saying is there has been times in the past where Wartburg has had 7 of their 10 opponents ranked in the top 10 of their class. Boyd is very good, and I was referring to the fact that Wartburg played teams like Boyd on a talent level. Wartburg and Oliver Springs were mid level teams in their region before and both, record wise, has improved since the shift. So I find it hard to believe both programs just turned it around strictly on better talent. They've had a little help from the scheduling.

How many rushing yards did they give up? 200 or 250? Tackles 10 yards down the field are not impressive. Boyd completely controlled the line of scrimmage where those two boys play. And why are you bashing a school with less kids, if your stats are right. You can only play 11 kids on the field at one time and how much money you have off the field has no impact on the field?? Sounds like your more bitter than I am.

if they didnt have a good night then think of how many yards boyd would have really had lol 990 lol abd didnt know i was bashing a school with less kids i was highly impressed with boys behavior ,coaches, talent,and athleticsm it showed our kids what it takes to be at the next level and our coaches as well

Edited by Gobey

not all of us are parents or players some of us are just plain ole fans year after year even when they was 0-32 we was in the stands hollering for em where was u oh i guess u was one of the 50 fans huh ok whatever anyway i graduated central high in 1990 back when playoffs wasnt even thought of and yes i been attending alot of games (not all ) but most since then even road games and even the john t years when my nephew the SNAKE played

and im pretty sure the more money u have the better equipment and facilities and coaches and players that money can buy if u want it too lol

Yeah, I guess that's why all these Wartburg Fan's showed up on here two months ago. And everyone knows that Boyd did like South Pittsburg did last night. They got their lead and they put it on cruise control. If they would have wanted to gain 900 yards, they might have been able to. And I attended all the games during the 32 game losing streak, and it was a social event for people to see their old buddies. No one was hollering, unless it was something negative. And I have been a fan of Wartburg, and will continue to be a fan of Wartburg reguardless of their record. I remember fans leaving at the start of the fourth quarter after coming to watch D1 talent, the only true fans were the parents and a few of the kids from the high school that had buddies playing because as the team walked off the field those were the only ones to stand there and pat them on the back and tell them good job now there's a line to the locker room, and I assure you I was one that patted after losses, and I patted after wins this year. Like they use to say during prayer "Humble in Victory, Proud in Defeat". A lot of Wartburg fans this year were Proud in Victory and MIA in defeat.

Yeah, I guess that's why all these Wartburg Fan's showed up on here two months ago. And everyone knows that Boyd did like South Pittsburg did last night. They got their lead and they put it on cruise control. If they would have wanted to gain 900 yards, they might have been able to. And I attended all the games during the 32 game losing streak, and it was a social event for people to see their old buddies. No one was hollering, unless it was something negative. And I have been a fan of Wartburg, and will continue to be a fan of Wartburg reguardless of their record. I remember fans leaving at the start of the fourth quarter after coming to watch D1 talent, the only true fans were the parents and a few of the kids from the high school that had buddies playing because as the team walked off the field those were the only ones to stand there and pat them on the back and tell them good job now there's a line to the locker room, and I assure you I was one that patted after losses, and I patted after wins this year. Like they use to say during prayer "Humble in Victory, Proud in Defeat". A lot of Wartburg fans this year were Proud in Victory and MIA in defeat.

ill have to firmly agree with u there well said