Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LowManWins

Well this thread is started a little earlier than we all wanted it to, but lets do it. What do we have coming back and what is the outlook for next season? Who will step up at QB? Discuss.

What kind of off season conditioning does Coach Haynie require for his players that don't play basketball or baseball? What did Coach Carter require? I'm honestly just curious.

How about Happy Valley. Or maybe Colonial Heights Middle.

Like it or not, TSSAA has brought on this scheduling nightmare. Most of us would like to see some high- profile names on the scheldule, however the current playoff seeding format penalizes you for any loss. Just ask Boone the advantages of playing Seymore, Cherokee and yes, even good ole Sullivan North.

Like it or not, TSSAA has brought on this scheduling nightmare. Most of us would like to see some high- profile names on the scheldule, however the current playoff seeding format penalizes you for any loss. Just ask Boone the advantages of playing Seymore, Cherokee and yes, even good ole Sullivan North.

Last time I checked Sey. and Cherokee are 5A schools. It's not our fault we caught them in down years. Also, don't be mad because you let GC come to your house and beat you. Didn't you all win last year like 44-0 or something. Plus Greeneville is a 4A school, granted they are a beast right now but that hasn't alwyas been the case. You guys just had bad timing.

Last time I checked Sey. and Cherokee are 5A schools. It's not our fault we caught them in down years. Also, don't be mad because you let GC come to your house and beat you. Didn't you all win last year like 44-0 or something. Plus Greeneville is a 4A school, granted they are a beast right now but that hasn't alwyas been the case. You guys just had bad timing.

Hey, not blaming Boone, not blaming South, but I am blaming TSSAA for devising a system that is so simple yet still doesn't compare apples to apples. I'm just saying, you better win as many as you can and not take any chances with non-conference games. Just schedule perennial cupcakes regardless of classification. South took a financial bath with the scheduling of West as well. We filled their place up while they brought about 150 to our place representing lost revenue of approximately $5000 for us.

Toss, I am not an advocate of running scared. And as a HC I would probably schedule even more difficult opponents. Just the way I see it. I hate the current TSSAA format and I see it changing drastically for the next model year. But it is obvious that a program can't wait for them to get their act together. Racing improves the breed and I say bring it on. Let the chips fall where they may. But my opinion means nothing and it is what it is. I would keep Greeneville, GC, and Knox West. I would only replace them with like quality opponents regardless of the implications. The TSSAA has dumbed it down and most everyone doesn't like it. Just my view.