Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Not scared of change. No sir.

Here are some opening from the TSSAA website:

Don't know when this was updated. But hope they chose wisely. Maybe Pigeon Forge twice? :thumb:

Week 0

Pigeon Forge High School

Riverdale High School

Eagleville High School

Kenwood High School

Harriman High School

McNairy Central High School

Cleveland High School

Blackman High School

Austin-East High School

Hardin Valley Academy

Whites Creek High School

Sullivan South High School

Memphis University School

Week 1

Arlington High School

Anderson Co. High School

Donelson Christian Academy

Pigeon Forge High School

Webb School of Knoxville

Franklin High School

Bradley Central High School

Cheatham Co. Central High School

Cleveland High School

Blackman High School

Hendersonville High School

Sullivan South High School

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeyHowsitGoing and Hereyougothen---------You guys heard of any changes taking place at South for 2011. If there's any changes, you would know about it. Here's your chance to prove your worth, before the Batmast spills the beans and "writes a book about it". You know how easily offended I am, so I'd rather hear it from you. Do we need to start stenciling DB on our county buses??? I heard the TN legislature and the Va legislature have reached an agreement to move the state boundaries south and Sullivan South will be part of 2011 Gate City RelbelDevils. I like that--RebelDevils or DevilRebels---Let's vote on it.

I'm pretty sure they're going to pave the parking lot. Well I'm not pretty sure, I'm just guessing. But it needs it. Well it doesn't really need it but it would look better if they did. There's really only a few potholes that would swallow a Volkswagen. So no, I don't know of any changes coming soon. Sorry, I agree with blocksheet53. We stupid ppl.

I'm pretty sure they're going to pave the parking lot. Well I'm not pretty sure, I'm just guessing. But it needs it. Well it doesn't really need it but it would look better if they did. There's really only a few potholes that would swallow a Volkswagen. So no, I don't know of any changes coming soon. Sorry, I agree with blocksheet53. We stupid ppl.

Dang. Is that it??? We need to get together and whittle some pigheads before it gets too cold. YOu, me and Heyhowsitgoing.

• 4 weeks later...

Cute..Very Cute. I guess you'll still be yuking it up after you all run the program in the ground. With the players that will transfer and the ones that decide to watch the wreck from the stands you will be lucky to even field a team.

Sucks for the kids and the school. But it's not really about the kids with you, is it.

Still time for changes. You and the muttboy may be the last to know.

Cute..Very Cute. I guess you'll still be yuking it up after you all run the program in the ground. With the players that will transfer and the ones that decide to watch the wreck from the stands you will be lucky to even field a team.

Sucks for the kids and the school. But it's not really about the kids with you, is it.

Still time for changes. You and the muttboy may be the last to know.

Well, we're just dumb, stupid and ignorant. We wait anxiously for the Book that you are going to write to "spell it out". SNOOZE---SNOOZE---SNOOZE

south doesnt have a good QB or a good RB.. face it the truth is south is hurting at QB and RB.... unless you give some other boys a try or is this still daddy ball or football..

All of us stupid people know that Alex and Chuck are there at QB. There's Weaver that they could attempt to develop at QB, but he has a ways to go, as far as his ability to throw the skin. Could you please enlighten us all, as to who all those boys are waiting in the wings to be the next South QB??? Seriously, I'm not being a smartapp, I would really like for us all to have a discussion about that.

All of us stupid people know that Alex and Chuck are there at QB. There's Weaver that they could attempt to develop at QB, but he has a ways to go, as far as his ability to throw the skin. Could you please enlighten us all, as to who all those boys are waiting in the wings to be the next South QB??? Seriously, I'm not being a smartapp, I would really like for us all to have a discussion about that.

Blacksheep and Batmast----Seriously, I have had a life changing event. I think you will find me a new person on these boards going forward. I hope to reflect my new found personna here on out-- a New Years Resolution, let's call it. I hope to be more kinder, gentler, understanding and loving in the new year, as I post. I hope you have a great New Year and a successfull 2011. I will see you on the boards after the new year. Blacksheep---I would like to hear your thoughts on the unidentified QBs walking the halls at South.

My thoughts on transfering and the talk of transfering. I can speak on this subject because my son was enroute to another school once upon a time. But in the end he decided he did not want to abandon his lifelong friends. And of course Carter planted a seed in him in his 8th grade year. But during his Frosh year I decided he was out. He pleaded to stay even though he was excited about the place he might have gone. I allowed his decision to stand. The point? IF...if they are to transfer it should be done in the 7th and no later than the 8th grade year. Waiting until they enter high school is a disaster waiting to happen. This IMOP. Yes there are success stories. But there are many more stories of broken dreams. If your child is Division I and NFL material then your decision should have been made long ago. And we can count on one hand the players who have gone DI in our area lately. So if you must change horses in the middle of the stream then make sure you go from a pony to an Arabian Stallion instead of from a pony to another pony. And as far as the South transfers....I have heard the parent talk in first person. Well maybe covertly...but unintentionally so. And I will believe it when I see it. But that aside, I wish the players and the parents in question the best. And I hope they get the experience they are searching for. Because all these young children deserve the best we can give them.