Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Jhilts is correct. However, this city government has made other more idiotic decisions. NO one is going to be OK being bused to South whether they are college bound or vocational either one. Use common sense. DB is overcrowded...South is empty. DB has a vocational school already built. South does not. Draw the line any way you want and you still only get Orebank, Memorial Blvd. and some chatter in between. What, the city is going to rape the South district and then turn it into a vocational sector? I don't think so.

Northeast has that vocational/engineering school in downtown Kingsport. The only thing that really makes sense is if DB is overcrowded, some kids will be sent over to South. Remember, this is a lot of money to be made for Kingsport as far as students go. For every kid, Kingsport will get around 5000 dollars from the state for education. That should help. Name won't change, more kids will change, procedures in Kingsport will move over to South...teachers at South have to be wondering if they will be kept on or not or if some of the positions will change. If more kids go over to South, you have to have more teachers. Time will tell but I doubt you will have a school as big as South being emptied just for certain programs to be put in place. Kids just being in a school generate a lot of money.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, pure silly rumors. Those "pretty high job" people are usually the last to know, especially in Kingsport. Go back and tell him he's full of BS or at the very least, you need to quit helping him recruit for the city teams.

Wow a little on the edge...calm down R.H....You know Kingsport don't need any help recruiting...By the way all I said was that they said that all football would be at DB. Don't get so nervous you know yourself that DB don't need anyone kids from South to beat South every year........... :roflol: :roflol:

Wow a little on the edge...calm down R.H....You know Kingsport don't need any help recruiting...By the way all I said was that they said that all football would be at DB. Don't get so nervous you know yourself that DB don't need anyone kids from South to beat South every year........... :roflol: :roflol:

All football is already at DB. :)

You could begin to use a little common sense and rule out some of the outlandish rumors that you hear. Much of what has been "rumored" would be infeasable (I think that is a word) to put into action, considering the added costs imposed on an already "broke" system. Even Kingsport City Schools don't have that kind of money. If you would do that, jhilts wouldn't have to "shock" you back into the real world.

Ultimately no one truthfully knows what will happen, however keep this in mind. Kingsport will eventually take in not only all of colonial heights, rock springs and a good portion of sullivan gardens, they will also annex all of fall creek and a large portion of indian springs as well as a large portion of bloomingdale. When all is said and done that is a very large student base which will require another high school or a realignment of the current 9-12 grades at DB. I think Kingsport leaders see that 2 large high schools is a huge draw for future economic development and for people looking to move into the area. The sticking point is going to be how the city reimburses the county for South being as it was paid for by county residents only.

Edited by 83SouthRebel

I would say, "Round 2", but you wouldn't know what that means, would you, Whacko-Jockstrap?? Get back to the parts counter, idiot.

I take offense to a South fan calling a DB fan a idiot. Its not possible. "Round 17" or is it "18", I lost count around "15". Im sure you know what I mean. Where is the parts counter? Is that like a bean counter?

44-0

Ultimately no one truthfully knows what will happen, however keep this in mind. Kingsport will eventually take in not only all of colonial heights, rock springs and a good portion of sullivan gardens, they will also annex all of fall creek and a large portion of indian springs as well as a large portion of bloomingdale. When all is said and done that is a very large student base which will require another high school or a realignment of the current 9-12 grades at DB. I think Kingsport leaders see that 2 large high schools is a huge draw for future economic development and for people looking to move into the area. The sticking point is going to be how the city reimburses the county for South being as it was paid for by county residents only.

Hey wait a minute. You just said no one knows what will happen, then you went on to explain what will happen.

You could begin to use a little common sense and rule out some of the outlandish rumors that you hear. Much of what has been "rumored" would be infeasable (I think that is a word) to put into action, considering the added costs imposed on an already "broke" system. Even Kingsport City Schools don't have that kind of money. If you would do that, jhilts wouldn't have to "shock" you back into the real world.

Stop trying to use big words when you don't know the meaning. Idiot.

Stop trying to use big words when you don't know the meaning. Idiot.

Sorry the big words are over your head, I'll try to get down to your intellegence level from here on out (no, no I won't). I know what the words mean or I wouldn't use them, idiot. And no on the other question--No, I'm a bean counter. You work at a Parts Counter, remember. Holy Crap, do I need to get someone over to your house to take you to work???

Sorry the big words are over your head, I'll try to get down to your intellegence level from here on out (no, no I won't). I know what the words mean or I wouldn't use them, idiot. And no on the other question--No, I'm a bean counter. You work at a Parts Counter, remember. Holy Crap, do I need to get someone over to your house to take you to work???

Why don't you come over to my house and take me to work. Can you drive?....Idiot.