Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Sucks that sully south and greeneville wont play anymore....as a player i hated going to sullivan south with that tough atmosphere, but i hate to see this rivalry end. Good luck next year

Agreed the last 4 years they have been great games, in another post I read that they might play next! Does anyone no if this is true or not? I think the Devils are needing one more game for next year.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed the last 4 years they have been great games, in another post I read that they might play next! Does anyone no if this is true or not? I think the Devils are needing one more game for next year.

South's schedule is set for next 2 years. They will not play the Devils during that time unless it is a scrimmage.

If Sullivan South becomes Kingsport's "vocational" city high school and Dobyns Bennett becomes Kingsport's "college bound" city high school, how will those designations effect the football programs at both schools?

I was told all football will be at DB...But who knows there's all kinds of rumors floating around....The man who told me does work for the City.. And he holds a pretty high job. :thumb:

If Sullivan South becomes Kingsport's "vocational" city high school and Dobyns Bennett becomes Kingsport's "college bound" city high school, how will those designations effect the football programs at both schools?

If there ever was a silly rumor, you just posted it. The state would never allow this. If it were allowed, DB would be way, way overcrowded and South would have 100 or so.

I was told all football will be at DB...But who knows there's all kinds of rumors floating around....The man who told me does work for the City.. And he holds a pretty high job. :thumb:

Again, pure silly rumors. Those "pretty high job" people are usually the last to know, especially in Kingsport. Go back and tell him he's full of BS or at the very least, you need to quit helping him recruit for the city teams.

Jhilts is correct. However, this city government has made other more idiotic decisions. NO one is going to be OK being bused to South whether they are college bound or vocational either one. Use common sense. DB is overcrowded...South is empty. DB has a vocational school already built. South does not. Draw the line any way you want and you still only get Orebank, Memorial Blvd. and some chatter in between. What, the city is going to rape the South district and then turn it into a vocational sector? I don't think so.