Humboldt entertains Trinity Christain

JungleJim125

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several folks keep commenting about JW's running ability but I've seen lots of fast, shifty QBs. His throwing and vision really set him apart. If he has time, he can and will pick a defense apart. Pressure and containment will be key to controlling him. And no matter how much the TCA fans talk about their other players (and they have some excellent athletes), TCA will rise or fall based upon Washington.

Humboldt is one of the best team we've played this year. Other than a few boneheaded penalties, they played a very solid game and fully capitalized on A'ville's mistakes which proved to be the difference in the ball game. The Humboldt kids really impressed me with their sportsmanship Friday night. Very rarely did an A'ville player have to get up with being extended a hand from a Humboldt kid. From my vantage point, they were a class act. That name on the tower is also a powerful motivator.

If both teams are on top of their game, I'd say Humboldt wins by 2 touchdowns. If Washington has a big game and Humboldt makes mental errors it may come down to the final possession.

Several folks keep commenting about JW's running ability but I've seen lots of fast, shifty QBs. His throwing and vision really set him apart. If he has time, he can and will pick a defense apart. Pressure and containment will be key to controlling him. And no matter how much the TCA fans talk about their other players (and they have some excellent athletes), TCA will rise or fall based upon Washington.

Humboldt is one of the best team we've played this year. Other than a few boneheaded penalties, they played a very solid game and fully capitalized on A'ville's mistakes which proved to be the difference in the ball game. The Humboldt kids really impressed me with their sportsmanship Friday night. Very rarely did an A'ville player have to get up with being extended a hand from a Humboldt kid. From my vantage point, they were a class act. That name on the tower is also a powerful motivator.

If both teams are on top of their game, I'd say Humboldt wins by 2 touchdowns. If Washington has a big game and Humboldt makes mental errors it may come down to the final possession.

Good post! I agree Humboldt kids at times get a bad rap! Adamsville has a great bunch of kids as well! :thumb:

I like your positive attitude and enthusiasm! :thumb: Go Vikings!

I know our Vikings, I know they have what it takes and lately I trust that the coaches have noticed they can learn and execute.

I saw it in the UC game - although the talk is UC wasn't very good - well the veer is good to whoever is discipline enough to run it. Look at the points UC put on the boards agains their opponents - even though they didn't have a good season - we held them to one of their lowest point games.

If our Vikings had went out there without good defensive coaching we may have won - but we wouldn't have won the way we did.

If our coaches show and tell those Vikings what to do their natural talent is so far away from other teams we will peak, and become unstoppable. We’ve got an offense that caters to their abilities.

I don’t agree with everything coaches do but I know they do a heck of lot better than I would. I think the coaches see what’s in Hbt and they are out for a victory.

I will say this – if we go back to a one man team – we might as well stay at the house. Our offensive playmakers make the plays mostly when opponent’s defense is slightly off balanced.

Go Vikings -

Edited by redgold83

I know our Vikings, I know they have what it takes and lately I trust that the coaches have noticed they can learn and execute.

I saw it in the UC game - although the talk is UC wasn't very good - well the veer is good to whoever is discipline enough to run it. Look at the points UC put on the boards agains their opponents - even though they didn't have a good season - we held them to one of their lowest point games.

If our Vikings had went out there without good defensive coaching we may have won - but we wouldn't have won the way we did.

If our coaches show and tell those Vikings what to do their natural talent is so far away from other teams we will peak, and become unstoppable. We’ve got an offense that caters to their abilities.

I don’t agree with everything coaches do but I know they do a heck of lot better than I would. I think the coaches see what’s in Hbt and they are out for a victory.

I will say this – if we go back to a one man team – we might as well stay at the house. Our offensive playmakers make the plays mostly when opponent’s defense is slightly off balanced.

Go Vikings -

Good post! I agree with you sir Bland and his staff have done a great job! I know the Humboldt kids are hungry and are still not getting the respect they deserve from some schools! Friday will be a tough challenge for the Vikikgs! Washington and company will be hard to handle! I as you do believe that Bland and his staff will have a great game plan for TCA! I hope that everone goes out Friday night to support the Vikings! May i had i enjoy your post always positive and i like that! So let's go Vikings! :thumb: