Humboldt entertains Trinity Christain

JungleJim125

I think TCAEE is just really upset that everyone has come on here all year and said that TCA couldnt win because of size or speed or whatever else. Albeit he spoke in frustration and said some things he shouldnt have said, I think he was just trying to defend the team. TCAEE try not to demean anybody else why still defending the boys.

As for the game, TCA beat a REALLY GOOD Humboldt team. Hats off to you Humboldt on a great year. I know Kane gave you a lot of motivation. TCA came out prepared and played their best defense of the year. We now have to move on McKenzie, who has been the class of 2A the last few years in our area. They have gotten us the last two years. I think this will be a great game as both coaching staffs will have their teams fully prepared and ready to work that turkey off.

As far as JW, I think he is very comparable to the size Jabari Greer was in high school. Im not sure that comparing him to Teague is really fair... Teague had four D1 signees on the team (2 to SEC schools). Yes, he accounted for a lot of the offense on Friday, but what running quarterback have you ever known that this is not true, especially when a running back is lost to injury?? You can say he accounted for a lot of the offense, but please try not to say it in such a way as to take away from the other players. I promise you he cant get passing yards without receivers or run anywhere without a line.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarification Please :roflolk:

TCA's line was good...on both sides of the ball. Strong...they've been taught how to block...and on D they play well as well. So, thier line play was a little better than Humboldts. But, in the second half, Humboldt's D really shut JW down. IN the first half, they couldnt stop him, until they got into the red zone and didnt have as much of a field to cover. But, in the 2nd half, they did a lot better job stopping JW, who is the whole enchilada of TCA's offense.

Okay first things first, please try to address the correct poster. IF YOU'll actually read what others wrote, you would see TCAMOM said nothing about Humboldt; it was TCAEE. Secondly, if the kid is soooo weak, then why has just about every major program out there offered him a scholarship? Yes, any freshman coming into college has to learn to adjust to the college game and get stronger; Jabriel is no different.

Don't go around acting like you're trying to compliment the kid because you weren't, unless you consider backhanded compliments an actual compliment. An ACTUAL compliment would have been he played a great game, he is a phenomenal athlete, etc. Instead, you had to write about how weak he is, and how someone else was much better than him. That's okay though, he'll still be playing next week and for four more years at Bama(wish he was going to be a VOL). So by all means keep hating away if that makes you feel better.

Wow...calm down. I was complimenting JW. I'd take him on my team anyday, and I wish he'd change his mind and go to the Vols. But, he is very, very thin and weak. As great of an athlete as he is, he's gonna get broken in half in the SEC unless he hits the weights really hard. Sooooo, yea, I'm complimenting him, and I try to be real at the same time. Sorry that you cant understand that, and dont like to hear it.

007 you are aware that if trinity had not blown coverage on the long pass play, humboldt wouldn't have broken 100 yards of offense for the game. Btw go check quans stats for the game, not effective any way you dice it sorry

In the first half, yall shut Humboldt down. In the second half, when they went to the Wildcat formation, then Quan started running the ball on yall. I was sitting on the TCA side...your fans were getting really nervous at the beginning of the 4th quarter, and you all had good reason to be. Humboldt came within an eyelash of coming back on yall.

Also I wouldn't consider posts staying that jw "is our whole team" are any less venomous or disrespectful than mine when we have a ton of other kids that bust their tails week in and week out and deserve more respect than that.Acknowledge those posts as you continue your tirade.

Was never on a tirade. I don't think that any others are right for saying hateful things either. These boys deserve better than what is said here. The players read this site and are hurt by what is said. You have a right to say that Humboldt did not impress you.It is a point that you feel you need to make. Free country. It is okay to defend your own. You don't have to demean others to do it. As for introspection, I think that that is what my post was all about. I suffer the losses and celebrate the wins with these kids. Kids. That is what needs to be remembered. Attack me if you want. Just leave them alone.

And for the record, Humboldt impressed the heck out of me all year. They lost their captain...their lifelong friend...their brother and cousin...and perservered. Undefeated district record, district championship, complements from opposing coaches for how they acted in wins and losses. And last night they had their noses bloodied...BUT NEVER QUIT. I was and AM IMPRESSED by these young men.

Wow, I'd like formally apologise to everyone on this board and particularly to humboldt fans. I apparently left myself logged in somewhere or someone has access to my account information, none of the posts left under my name represent my sentiments or feelings about humboldt or the game. This is incredibly embarrassing and I assure it will not occur again. Humboldt has a great team and I'm thoroughly impressed by what they've overcome to make it to this point.

mrc, I agree with you about the Jabari Greer and Jabriel Washington comparison. NO! I'm not saying that Jabriel will be Jabari Greer, but it is possible. It all depends on how Jabriel progresses over his collegiate career.

Also, I want to congratulate Humboldt on a good year. To suffer the circumstances they went through this year and have such a good season speaks volume of the Humboldt team, coaches, cheerleaders and fans.

Work hard this offseason and build on what you guys did this year!

Edited by GCPioneer

Redskins post was awesome - we've gotten all caught up in criticism and we've forgotten what these children have gone through. Humboldt has become the black sheep of the area, and our children don’t deserve it at all.

Adamsville saw and posted on the way our children showed great sportsmanship. We’ve had no fights no squabbles nothing of that sort. We have smiles and prayers in our wins and in our losses. We didn’t gloat nor did we boast.

Our kids come home and look forward to next week – even now they are looking forward to next year, college and basketball.

These kids, have lived through – death of their mothers, death of their fathers, suicide by their best friends, death of their brother, their cousin and their teammates. Many which they not only hear about but witnessed. And all were within 3 weeks of each other.

AND THEY SHOWED UP EVERYDAY AND FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT.

If you didn’t see anything out of line that they did – don’t put them down. We don’t need it we undeservedly get it from everyone else.

Congrats to our 6 seniors – that’s awesome only 6 seniors and make the final 8, lose 13-7. I’m impressed and have been all season.

Good Luck To All Remaining teams but most of all GOOD LUCK TO WEST TENNESEE thos in the East don't think we can play ball.

Edited by redgold83

mrc, I agree with you about the Jabari Greer and Jabriel Washington comparison. NO! I'm not saying that Jabriel will be Jabari Greer, but it is possible. It all depends on how Jabriel progresses over his collegiate career.

Also, I want to congratulate Humboldt on a good year. To suffer the circumstances they went through this year and have such a good season speaks volume of the Humboldt team, coaches, cheerleaders and fans.

Work hard this offseason and build on what you guys did this year!

If you watch "The Boys of Fall", Saban talks about wanting guys that have the greatest competitive fire. Jabriel Washington possesses that fire. Alabama will put him on the training table and he will work his but off and put on 20 more pounds and be an unbelievable player. All of this other discussion about weak and small is nonsense. He will grow into his legs. He works really hard and will thrive.