Clarksville NE @ HENDERSONVILLE

Newcastle

The reason why Henry County is not 6A is because the TSSAA deemed that Henry County play 5A just as they did Morristown East who had an enrollment of 1,464 in 2008. Henry County's enrollment was 1,460 which if my math is correct, is 4 students less than the largest 5A team..Morristown East. Furthermore, Brighton High School WAS the smallest 6A school with an enrollment of 1,466. The TSSAA made the line at 1,465 dividing the AAA regular season into two (2) equal number of schools based on enrollment numbers both above and below the 1,465 enrollment number. Simply put, the line has to be somewhere...just because a certain school is close to the line does not mean that the school should automatically be bumped over the line based on the past history of success OR sent below the line because the school is not competitive!...You are what you're enrollment says you are....it's pretty simple!

Since this is the Hendersonville/Northeast thread, I will take this time to say that I am thankful to the TSSAA for insisting that the Northeast Eagles remain a member of District 10-AAA...I did not (personally) like the idea of losing them as a district opponent..they are too valueable to District 10-AAA in all sports! This being said, I still believe the Eagles have a long road ahead against the Commandos ...good luck to both teams! It should be a great atmosphere in H'ville!

well said

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours since the last post!!!????.......somebody please get on here and give us a summary, a few highlights, and what made the difference in the game tonite!

A very entertaining game. HHS had a couple of big pass plays for td's. D had a goal line stand in first half. 7 - 7 halftime, HHS scored next ten only to have NE answer with 14. NE scored 1st half on pick 6. HHS went ahead with about 5 min left and NE drove to HHS 30 then turned over on downs. HHS then ran out time punting with 7 secs left. Clock hit zero as punt landed out of bounds. Good luck next week against very good Ridgeway team.

A very entertaining game. HHS had a couple of big pass plays for td's. D had a goal line stand in first half. 7 - 7 halftime, HHS scored next ten only to have NE answer with 14. NE scored 1st half on pick 6. HHS went ahead with about 5 min left and NE drove to HHS 30 then turned over on downs. HHS then ran out time punting with 7 secs left. Clock hit zero as punt landed out of bounds. Good luck next week against very good Ridgeway team.

Not the Commandos best performance but they made the plays when they had to. NE would probably like to have the final 6 minutes of the 1st half to play again. Stopped on 4th and goal due to bad shotgun snap, also threw an interception in the end zone and then after getting a first down at about the Hville 30 and with timeouts to use inside 15 seconds in the half tried a fake spike and long pass down the sideline which Hville knocked away. Biggest play of the game was with 5 minutes to go in the game NE has a 4th and 1 at about midfield, chooses to punt and the punter shanks it about 5 yards down the field, Rogers for Hville grabs it and runs it down to the NE 30 yard line. After a personal foul penalty Hville has it 2nd and 22, Brown rolls out to the right and finds Priddy all alone in the end zone for a 42 yd score. NE drives it down to the 30 and on 4th and 10 Hville knocks away a pass for Embree in the end zone. I will say this, Reco Williams, the star FB and LB for NE had about a hundred tackles between the game last year and tonight. He is a tremendous football player.

Not the Commandos best performance but they made the plays when they had to. NE would probably like to have the final 6 minutes of the 1st half to play again. Stopped on 4th and goal due to bad shotgun snap, also threw an interception in the end zone and then after getting a first down at about the Hville 30 and with timeouts to use inside 15 seconds in the half tried a fake spike and long pass down the sideline which Hville knocked away. Biggest play of the game was with 5 minutes to go in the game NE has a 4th and 1 at about midfield, chooses to punt and the punter shanks it about 5 yards down the field, Rogers for Hville grabs it and runs it down to the NE 30 yard line. After a personal foul penalty Hville has it 2nd and 22, Brown rolls out to the right and finds Priddy all alone in the end zone for a 42 yd score. NE drives it down to the 30 and on 4th and 10 Hville knocks away a pass for Embree in the end zone. I will say this, Reco Williams, the star FB and LB for NE had about a hundred tackles between the game last year and tonight. He is a tremendous football player.

Personal foul on Hendersonville?........shocking.

Personal foul on Hendersonville?........shocking.

yes, the Commandos had 5 penalties for 35 yards and NE had zero. Good hard clean game by NE unlike some of the Commandos recent opponents. The personal foul was on a WR blocking on a DB. Good to see good sportsmanship by the Commando opponent. Maybe some of our other opponents could learn from that. I guess some teams don't like to play a physical style and start making accusations as #57 and #63 are pushing them into the secondary. Some teams play a physical style while others prefer finesse. One of the local churches here is forming a flag football league (not much contact). Maybe some of those finesse teams could enter. Good luck!!

Well the Commandon'ts will have there last game this Friday. Sorry Joe have fun at Vandy NOT!!! And #34 whos eyes are you goin to poke now?

#34 Whit Gray is a mean hard hitting LB, Hard nosed back and will run over your ridgeway players friday night. Not only him but Joe and the rest of our guys are gonna bring it to them and knock em down hard. You will remember the night the CommanDO's come down to memphis and shut you up. Talk some more while you can