District 12

Stat_pack1

Well now that all teams from District 12 are done this year, the question is what does everyone think next year will bring. I don't see any improvement on some from this past year such as Springhill, Hickman, E.Hickman. Not sure how young Giles and Page are going to be next year. Marshall was a hard one to figure this year, if they could get anything close to consistent they could be a good team. Lewis another one hard to figure, they do have their entire O backfield returning but they have big holes to fill on both sides of the line. I couldn't even guess the order next year in this district. Anyone care to make a guess on next years finish? I was hoping this district would have one or two teams go further that just the second round. So many one and done and then the end came last night for the other 2.

Lets hope there is alot of improvement over this year and 12 can make some noise again.

Edited by Stat_pack1

Well now that all teams from District 12 are done this year, the question is what does everyone think next year will bring. I don't see any improvement on some from this past year such as Springhill, Hickman, E.Hickman. Not sure how young Giles and Page are going to be next year. Marshall was a hard one to figure this year, if they could get anything close to consistent they could be a good team. Lewis another one hard to figure, they do have their entire O backfield returning but they have big holes to fill on both sides of the line. I couldn't even guess the order next year in this district. Anyone care to make a guess on next years finish? I was hoping this district would have one or two teams go further that just the second round. So many one and done and then the end came last night for the other 2.

Lets hope there is alot of improvement over this year and 12 can make some noise again.

I would think both Lewis Co. and Fairview would be better next year. Lewis might be 2 years off but heard the freshman group they have is super strong.

Next year should be quite interesting with the district adding a new team.

Giles Co.- loses some key players, but the real question for the Bobcats will be if Coach O'Connor stays or goes, and what assistants go with him? This will be a big determining factor how the Bobcats do next season. Al Cobb returns and will be a playmaker the next two years for the Bobcats.

Fairview- The Yellow Jackets lose 9 seniors of a 10-2 team. Most of those seniors are starters. They are loaded at the skill positions, will just need to develop a line to be able to compete at the same level as this year.

Page- Lose some key backs and lineman, however some seniors may have been detrimental to this team and chemistry may be better for the Patriots. Page has a lot of young talent coming up the ranks.

Marshall Co.- Has the potential to be a district winner if they can replace their QB and some lineman. They return #79 the best defensive player in the district. Coaching staff must instill discipline, if this team ever wants to be successful.

Spring Hill- Loses some quality backs and lineman, there was a reason Coach Scharsch was looking to get out after last year. Maybe a long next two years for the Raiders.

Lewis Co.- Seems to me the community is starting to turn against Coach Sharp and his offense. The Panthers had a large group of freshman this year, but quantity does not always equal quality. Must stay healthy next year to compete.

Hickman Co.- Bulldogs may have a new coach on the sideline next fall. They return Blake Johnston, but he loses some Hogs up front. They can not athletically match up with anyone in the district and will struggle.

East Hickman- Sources say Coach King will be returning. The biggest problem in Lyles is the community, parents don't understand the commitment needed to be successful at the high school level. Their sons have to put in the work in the offseason, if they do that they can start to be competitive.

Summit- New school in Williamson Co. They will be playing a varsity schedule with only freshman and sophomore. Luckily in two years their enrollment will bump them out. Heard 20-25 freshman from Independence are headed to Summit.

My Predicted Order of Finish for next season

1A. Fairview

1B. Giles Co.

3. Marshall Co.

4. Page

5. Lewis Co

6. Spring Hill

7. East Hickman

8. Hickman Co.

9. Summitt

I have heard that the TSSAA is really considering going back to 5 classes next year. Schools have been told to wait until after November 18th to schedule games because playoff criteria and the classifications may change, so this district may of been a 2 year thing.

Giles Co.- loses some key players, but the real question for the Bobcats will be if Coach O'Connor stays or goes, and what assistants go with him? This will be a big determining factor how the Bobcats do next season. Al Cobb returns and will be a playmaker the next two years for the Bobcats.

Fairview- The Yellow Jackets lose 9 seniors of a 10-2 team. Most of those seniors are starters. They are loaded at the skill positions, will just need to develop a line to be able to compete at the same level as this year.

Page- Lose some key backs and lineman, however some seniors may have been detrimental to this team and chemistry may be better for the Patriots. Page has a lot of young talent coming up the ranks.

Marshall Co.- Has the potential to be a district winner if they can replace their QB and some lineman. They return #79 the best defensive player in the district. Coaching staff must instill discipline, if this team ever wants to be successful.

Spring Hill- Loses some quality backs and lineman, there was a reason Coach Scharsch was looking to get out after last year. Maybe a long next two years for the Raiders.

Lewis Co.- Seems to me the community is starting to turn against Coach Sharp and his offense. The Panthers had a large group of freshman this year, but quantity does not always equal quality. Must stay healthy next year to compete.

Hickman Co.- Bulldogs may have a new coach on the sideline next fall. They return Blake Johnston, but he loses some Hogs up front. They can not athletically match up with anyone in the district and will struggle.

East Hickman- Sources say Coach King will be returning. The biggest problem in Lyles is the community, parents don't understand the commitment needed to be successful at the high school level. Their sons have to put in the work in the offseason, if they do that they can start to be competitive.

Summit- New school in Williamson Co. They will be playing a varsity schedule with only freshman and sophomore. Luckily in two years their enrollment will bump them out. Heard 20-25 freshman from Independence are headed to Summit.

1A. Fairview

1B. Giles Co.

3. Marshall Co.

4. Page

5. Lewis Co

6. Spring Hill

7. East Hickman

8. Hickman Co.

9. Summitt

I have heard that the TSSAA is really considering going back to 5 classes next year. Schools have been told to wait until after November 18th to schedule games because playoff criteria and the classifications may change, so this district may of been a 2 year thing.

Great Breakdown Gerry. This year was such an up and down with so many teams it was hard to get a handle on any of them, except Fairview. They seem to be the most consistent week in and week out. The others as was stated before was "jekll and Hyde". One of the stat pack crew (3) thought it would be Page, Fairview and Lewis, with a toss up between Giles and Marshall. Marshall never seemed to be consistent. Lewis underachieved in my opinion. I thought with so many teams down they would have shown better. East.....who knows, so much turmoil going on over there for whatever reason. I just wish they could settle it down at least for the players sake and the potential players walking the halls that could contribute but don't want all the drama. Giles players did gain alot of experience this year. Page.. another big question, really thought this was their year, but talk about up and down.......this is the definition of it. Lewis has alot of work to do with both sides of the line next year. That should determine their success next year. But over all I think your right on your picks. The other member of the stat crew actually gain weight this year with all the crow he had to eat...lol. I don't think he'll predict anything this year. Look forward to next years crop in district 12. Looking for many teams to be consistent . Fairview...and Giles should be (as you say) the front runners.

1A. Fairview

1B. Giles Co.

3. Marshall Co.

4. Page

5. Lewis Co

6. Spring Hill

7. East Hickman

8. Hickman Co.

9. Summitt

:thumb: I agree with 1 and 9 but I think Marshall with be 2 then Giles, Lewis, Spring Hill, Page, East Hickman, Hickman. :thumb:

Quarterback is already replaced. Many felt their backup (freshman) this past season was better than the senior. The discipline problems are gone, either graduating or have already quit. Maddox (79) is a beast and will be back. The future is very bright in Marshall Co.

Spring Hill Returns the entire offensive line (except one) a soild tailback in Nathan Anderson, along with an up & coming sophomore & a hot dog freshman RB coming up from the new middle school, 2 returning fullbacks. 9 back on offense and 7 back on defense. Not to mention the quarterback who was injured week 6. They will be better............. with a good off-season, this team could return to an 09 like season

Spring Hill Returns the entire offensive line (except one) a soild tailback in Nathan Anderson, along with an up & coming sophomore & a hot dog freshman RB coming up from the new middle school, 2 returning fullbacks. 9 back on offense and 7 back on defense. Not to mention the quarterback who was injured week 6. They will be better............. with a good off-season, this team could return to an 09 like season

:thumb: I look for District 12 AA to be alot stronger next year top to bottom. At least 3 teams could make it out of the second round next year. :thumb: