New coach in wilson co?

Creekbank76

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to tell you, Kevin and Fredsamual, but pushy parents are the norm these days. It isn't just exclusive to you in Lebanon. There are backstabbers and whiners at Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and double the amount at Seegull. In my opinion, seegull would be the worst atmosphere to coach in. Those boosters want to make every single decision and are alot of the cause of the record that place has.

Not sure what's going on with the search for a new coach. The new administration there is not to inclined when it comes to athletics. Also, you gotta remember that Coach Brown was the co-Athletic Director and an assistant prinicipal when they pulled the plug on him, so they have to fill those positions too. Truthfully, I don't see Brown sticking around Lebanon to stay in Administration, but you never know. I left a couple of years ago, but I still have friends and family on the "inside". So, for the next head coach at LHS, let me throw some names out to you. These are the guys you need to keep at arm's distance from your team. They will glad-hand you and pat you on the back when things are going well, but when there is adveristy, they will be the first to throw you under the bus and want your head on a silver platter...Jeff Lassater, Larry Tomlinson, Mike Sloan, Brad Hicks, and Mickey Hall. There are others, but these are the leaders of the pack. Anyway, whoever the new coach is, good luck, buddy. If you can keep these guys at bay, you may get some things accomplished at LHS!! -Kevin

Not sure what's going on with the search for a new coach. The new administration there is not to inclined when it comes to athletics. Also, you gotta remember that Coach Brown was the co-Athletic Director and an assistant prinicipal when they pulled the plug on him, so they have to fill those positions too. Truthfully, I don't see Brown sticking around Lebanon to stay in Administration, but you never know. I left a couple of years ago, but I still have friends and family on the "inside". So, for the next head coach at LHS, let me throw some names out to you. These are the guys you need to keep at arm's distance from your team. They will glad-hand you and pat you on the back when things are going well, but when there is adveristy, they will be the first to throw you under the bus and want your head on a silver platter...Jeff Lassater, Larry Tomlinson, Mike Sloan, Brad Hicks, and Mickey Hall. There are others, but these are the leaders of the pack. Anyway, whoever the new coach is, good luck, buddy. If you can keep these guys at bay, you may get some things accomplished at LHS!! -Kevin

I only recognize a few of these names, but is the Mickey Hall you are referring to here the Asst. Supt. Might be hard to keep him away. There are some around Wilson Co that think he pulled the trigger and asked Bobby to resign.

The last three head coaches were all very good people -- Bobby Brown, Ron Marshall and Bob Dillard. None of the three had any head coaching experience when they were hired. The 6A level is pretty tough for on-the-job training. I wish they'd look for someone with head coaching experience.