Creekbank76

Tray Aric?

Scott Smith?

Kevin Creasey?

David Watson?

Bobby Wells?

Kris White?

Keasler at Smyrna?

Just throwing some names out for discussion.

I would offer Keasler myself. He deserves a shot as a head coach. He has been the DC and made it to the state with two different head coaches at Smyrna, so who is the constant??

We don't want to lose White at OHS but he would make a good one too.

Creasey has proven himself with two back to back state championships, but does it translate over from 2a to 6a?

Whoever comes in better be ready to do battle with Perry at MJ and fight to keep kids from transferring to FC.

I do not think kids transfereing to FC is a big problem now, over a 100 kids transfered from FC to Wilson County schools this fall. IF they make the move to DII in two years it might be a problem again.

Edited by Bucksfan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2p your boy Coach Mac has inquired about the job. I know this for a fact. I don't know why you would want to make that move but he has made some calls.

It is because he found out that he wasn't immortal after all at Oakland. He took a lot of flack after that loss to Franklin. When you win, folk dismiss a few things that they don't like......when you lose....it all comes floating to the surface. Maybe Mac's skin isn't as tough as we thought it was. But then again, it could be the old "I need some money for Christmas ploy that Rankin did every yr...."

I would hate to see him leave OHS, but if he isn't satisfied there, so be it.

Coach Brown stepped down as Head Football Coach at Lebanon this past Friday. See the Lebanon Democrat website for the complete story. I have gotten to know Coach Brown since he arrived at Lebanon. I was on his staff during the first two years and again in 07-08. Some of you have your opinions about the guy, and that's ok. But I had the honor to know the man both on and off the field. I can say, without hesitation, that his #1 priority with these kids was to make them better men. He always pushed them to be their best. What he was able to accomplish at Lebanon was short of a miracle. They had 4 playoff years, upgraded all the facilities and made Lebanon football respectable again. He is good family man with high moral values. Anyone who says different should be ashamed. I am greatly honored to call Coach Brown my friend. Good luck Coach in your future endevors. I wish you, Karen, and the boys all the best. -Kevin Adkins

Thomas wont be going anywhere with the talent Oakland has in the middle school and freshmen ranks.............

It is a much easier district road at Lebanon than at Oakland, OP . It is easier to schedule games in non-region too as well. OHS is having to play the big dogs week in and week out. let's just say that Lebanon hasn't been a factor for several years now, so who wouldn't want to play them? You can only go UP there.

The post above was a good one. In his earlier yrs at Lebanon , playing Brown was a barnburner . But I think everyone knows he has run his course and the folk there turned on him.

Keasler just got the HC job at Summit in Williamson County and Aric just got the HC job at Portland and two threads shut down when some questioned his ability and lack of staying with one offense. :roflol:

As for White, y'all just keep getting him ready for the HC job at R'dale!

I think they should go after Mike Bever, the O-Line coach at Smyrna. He has Head Coaching experience and look at what Smyrna just accomplished.He is a good football coach, would bring a good staff to the school.

It is a much easier district road at Lebanon than at Oakland, OP . It is easier to schedule games in non-region too as well. OHS is having to play the big dogs week in and week out. let's just say that Lebanon hasn't been a factor for several years now, so who wouldn't want to play them? You can only go UP there.

The post above was a good one. In his earlier yrs at Lebanon , playing Brown was a barnburner . But I think everyone knows he has run his course and the folk there turned on him.

I can see reasons why other coaches maybe interested, and Oakland is going to take their lumps this year, but after that, they are going to be as good as anybody the next 4-5 years. I'd be stunned if Thomas were to actually pull the trigger given how good he has it at Oakland...........

I can see reasons why other coaches maybe interested, and Oakland is going to take their lumps this year, but after that, they are going to be as good as anybody the next 4-5 years. I'd be stunned if Thomas were to actually pull the trigger given how good he has it at Oakland...........

I would be surprised as well. Presently super supportive admistration, booster club and some of the best facilities in the state with the indoor practice facility. Add to this an already assembled great staff that could not go with him in mass.

The biggest thing that tells me he is not serious about going is Wilson County does NOT pay as well as Rutherford County for him or any staff that wanted to go there! <_<

Now one of the Williamson County openings is another matter.

I will say this about Lebanon High School and its players. They have great athletes. However, most of the kids that walk those halls have the "I" mentality. The best team Brown coached was the year he went 9-3 and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. That was a special group. They did not have any individuals on that team. They played as a TEAM. During the rest of Brown's tenure, he dealt with pre-madonna players, parents who thought they knew more than he did, and sub-par facilities. Through all that, he was able to still be competitive every week. Coach Brown demanded a lot out of his players and his coaches, and he was well-respected for that. But, when you have to explain to a parent every Friday night that "little Johnny" is not good enough to play,it wears you out. One thing I liked about Coach Brown is that he played the best 11 each week; it didnt matter to him who your momma or daddy was or how much money they threw at the Booster Club. He stuck by his guns...but eventually, they got him. Whoever is the next coach at Lebanon better get ready for an uphill climb. If you can keep the parents in the bleachers and off the sidelines, you will be successful. The biggest problem at LHS is that most of the kids have since of entitlement and it comes from the parents!!!!Here is a word of advice from myself, a former coach, to the current parents...stay off the field, stay positive with your kids, and be supportive of the coaches around the players...Most of all remind your kids that football is a TEAM sport!!! Kevin

Must agree with you Kevin! That year was the best and funest year of my coaching career. And I have had a lot in Wilson County while under Moose, Brown, and Perry. Those kids were special and did what you asked of them! All of them where yes sir/no sir kids and worked hard for us. I still see many of them around Lebanon or I see their parents. Those parents let us coach and didn't complain like parents do today! I've been around the county (Lebanon & Mt. Juliet) the past 12 years and the atmosphere on the field is basically the same. You have players that are willing to work hard and you have some that feel they are entitled to something becasue of what they did in Jr. high or Pee-Wee. I can deal with that--just don't like dealing with the parents! As for Brown, he's the guttest coach I've been around and that made him exciting! BROWN and the LIFT will return! He's a good coach! Good luck coach

Freemo