New coach in wilson co?

Creekbank76

Hey 66in74 and jcraigp23, not sure what your guys ties are to Cumberland and Lebanon, but I will say this. I played ball at CU from 96-01 and coached at Lebanon for a total of 8 years in wrestling and football (both as a non-faculty and faculty coach) Let me say this, the city of Lebanon and CU have a special place in my heart. I met my wife there, had my children there, and started my professional career there. And during all this time, I have heard every year about how all these great updgrades are coming to CU's football facility. It aint gonna happen for two reasons. One, as long as the baseball team is doing its thing, they get what they want. And two, the current president is so much against the football team, he tried to shut down the whole program when he was first hired. He called it a waste of time and money and stated the players bring down the academic standing of CU. (True story..told to me by a Board Member) The only way any improvements will be made to CU's football facilites is if a former player with deep pockets gives the money to have it done...oh wait, that happened back in 2000 and guess where the money went...that's around the time the baseball field was remodled....jsut saying...dont hold your breath!! -Kevin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey 66in74 and jcraigp23, not sure what your guys ties are to Cumberland and Lebanon, but I will say this. I played ball at CU from 96-01 and coached at Lebanon for a total of 8 years in wrestling and football (both as a non-faculty and faculty coach) Let me say this, the city of Lebanon and CU have a special place in my heart. I met my wife there, had my children there, and started my professional career there. And during all this time, I have heard every year about how all these great updgrades are coming to CU's football facility. It aint gonna happen for two reasons. One, as long as the baseball team is doing its thing, they get what they want. And two, the current president is so much against the football team, he tried to shut down the whole program when he was first hired. He called it a waste of time and money and stated the players bring down the academic standing of CU. (True story..told to me by a Board Member) The only way any improvements will be made to CU's football facilites is if a former player with deep pockets gives the money to have it done...oh wait, that happened back in 2000 and guess where the money went...that's around the time the baseball field was remodled....jsut saying...dont hold your breath!! -Kevin

Kevin thats why I think a municipal stadium would fit both schools and the community very well. Lebanon is getting a new school so why not help out and support the overall well being of the schools and communities which surround it with the money being put in to the new school. A school is only as good as the community which surrounds it.

You got to know where your bread is buttered. CU is known for seven things....

1. Baseball

2. Woody Hunt

3. Baseball

4. Nursing School

5. Baseball

6. Getting smoked by Georgia Tech in football

7. Baseball

in that order! ...Sorry Kevin, your kinda stepping on my toes there (CU Baseball 99-03).

I'm in total agreement with 66in74, jcraigp23, and Kevin when it comes to Coach Brown. I played for Brown at Trousdale Co. Fine man, great coach if left alone. I have no doubt he will land somewhere, and whoever gets him will be getting a good one.

Edited by SEVEN

They are going to build the new stadium, complete with new offices etc.., for CU where the futbol field is now behind the new student apartments so room won't be an issue LOD. Field turf and all and the football team will share it with the futball teams. Kevin I too know folks on the board and this came from them. As for the LHS coaching job, any news?

They are going to build the new stadium, complete with new offices etc.., for CU where the futbol field is now behind the new student apartments so room won't be an issue LOD. Field turf and all and the football team will share it with the futball teams. Kevin I too know folks on the board and this came from them. As for the LHS coaching job, any news?

Any idea when they will do the new field at Cumberland? We got a kid at Cane Ridge being recruited by them and it might be helpful if they were gonna do it soon.

Any idea when they will do the new field at Cumberland? We got a kid at Cane Ridge being recruited by them and it might be helpful if they were gonna do it soon.

As soon as they finsih the new dorms they are building now they will start on the new stadium. The new dorms are suppose to be finished by the fall. Then they will start on the new digs!! Coach A is a good coach and they have a great thing going at CU right now. Best season since '96 when the Bulldawgs were 8-2 and finished ranked 16th.

That is VERY good news. :thumb:

I was NOT slamming on the program. If anything I admire both it and the Head Coach for all the extra work he does there to make the program as good as it is. If any slamming is perceived it is at the administration for not giving the program the support it deserves.

Now Lebanon HS is another matter. <_<

As soon as they finsih the new dorms they are building now they will start on the new stadium. The new dorms are suppose to be finished by the fall. Then they will start on the new digs!! Coach A is a good coach and they have a great thing going at CU right now. Best season since '96 when the Bulldawgs were 8-2 and finished ranked 16th.

Wow....This is great news.

Could probably be ready by the 2012 season?

The coaches, when they were recruiting some kids from our high school, told us that was the location idenified for a new facility.

Guess they'll keep the current facility for practice? or parking?

Parking is a premium at CU.

GO DAWGS!!

Effective fall of 2011, Wilson County Schools will allow athletes to work out during the day (in-season) in advanced PE classes. BIG UPGRADE toward a level playing field with Sumner and Rutherford systems. No more 6 a.m. sessions in the weight room. Should make the LHS FB job more attractive with new school on the way.

Effective fall of 2011, Wilson County Schools will allow athletes to work out during the day (in-season) in advanced PE classes. BIG UPGRADE toward a level playing field with Sumner and Rutherford systems. No more 6 a.m. sessions in the weight room. Should make the LHS FB job more attractive with new school on the way.

Wish this were true. However, the only thing that was passed was to add an extra strength and conditioning class. This, by no means, levels the playing field with Sumner county, as they have their entire varsity teams in the same class period. Also, this is for one semester, Sumner County has both semesters for major revenue sports. A step in the right direction, but only a small one.

However, I agree with your logic wholeheartedly.

Edited by pressman