New coach in wilson co?

Creekbank76

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he have head coach experience? I just don't understand why you would want to hire a guy with any kind of questions about funds. It might not be true, but it still starts your program off with a black eye on the guy they are supposed to look up to. Surely there are others with cleaner pasts?

I would be interested in hearing what kevin, firstandgoal, or fredsamuel have to say about this one and if the guy on the committee they were talking about insisted on this candidate.

If this is true; then congrats to Coach Crane!! I have always liked him, and hated it when he was no longer in football at WC. Unfortunately (ugh to the Devils); he will do a good job!

go dubc

I don't know anything about funds misappropriation by Crane at WC. I was hoping for someone with some previous head coaching experience as LHS' last few hires haven't had any when they were hired here. At least Crane's assistant experience is at the 5a/6a level as well as small college. I'm excited to see how he does. I've said before he has most of the team returning from last year so I don't think a winning season/playoff berth is out of the question for 2011.

Don't know much about this Crane fellow, but if Springer is coaching with him, he must be okay. I have known Heath Springer for years. I have played with, played for, and coached with Heath both in college and at Lebanon. He is an intense, hard-nosed defensive minded coach. He will bring the fire back to the Blue Devil Defense. I just hope this Coach Crane does not get caught up in the politics. Keep the parents and the boosters in the stands. Play your best 11 no matter who their mom and dad are. If he does this, then the Blue Devil will be ok. I am glad to see Heath back on the sidelines though, or maybe even in the lift..... :roflol:

Kevin

Edited by kevinlhs37

Question?? If he is that good................why didn't they just hire him as the HC :twisted:

Don't know much about this Crane fellow, but if Springer is coaching with him, he must be okay. I have known Heath Springer for years. I have played with, played for, and coached with Heath both in college and at Lebanon. He is an intense, hard-nosed defensive minded coach. He will bring the fire back to the Blue Devil Defense. I just hope this Coach Crane does not get caught up in the politics. Keep the parents and the boosters in the stands. Play your best 11 no matter who their mom and dad are. If he does this, then the Blue Devil will be ok. I am glad to see Heath back on the sidelines though, or maybe even in the lift..... :roflol:

Kevin

Question?? If he is that good................why didn't they just hire him as the HC :twisted:

Answer: From MJFBall94 -"He (Crane) must be really tight with the legendary "Good Ol' Boy" network in Wilson County. How else can you be fired for money issues in 2009 from one school in the county and then get promoted to HC of another school in the county in 2011?"

Edited by Bucksfan

You mean Springer? Not sure...Maybe he doesnt wanna be head coach. Some guys just feel more comfortable being cooridnators. It gives them more time to work one on one with the kids. Or maybe he didnt apply...who knows?

Edited by kevinlhs37

You mean Springer? Not sure...Maybe he doesnt wanna be head coach. Some guys just feel more comfortable being cooridnators. It gives them more time to work one on one with the kids. Or maybe he didnt apply...who knows?

My guess is that he didn't want to teach there. It said in the paper link that he was a non-faculty coach. That sort of shocked me. I didn't think a coordinator should or could be a volunteer coach. Lots of responsibilites to deal with during the day to not be on site. But.....guess things are different in WC than in Rutherford.

My guess is that he didn't want to teach there. It said in the paper link that he was a non-faculty coach. That sort of shocked me. I didn't think a coordinator should or could be a volunteer coach. Lots of responsibilites to deal with during the day to not be on site. But.....guess things are different in WC than in Rutherford.

I think you need a teaching certificate to teach and I believe you must be a teacher to be the head coach.I agree with you that the coordinator should be in the building.