2011 Huntingdon Football

PudorField

Well, another year is in the books. Let's see.........we beat Bruceton, West Carroll, Dresden, Gleason and South Fulton. I guess that was all we were supposed to win because we've been told by the powers to be that we can't compete against Camden, Milan and Westview anymore. They're bigger schools than we are. I don't think those schools just got bigger than Huntingdon in the past 3 or 4 years. Heck, we can't even compete with McKenzie anymore. I argue that those teams coaches have a lot to do with it!!!

We saw our numbers drop to a new low in recent history. Only had 40+ boys dress out this season. We have been having close to 70. But, the coaches said they were going to thin them out when fall practice began. I hope they ran the right ones off. I don't think our coaches know what that freshman or sophomore will look like when he is a senior. As a small school, we can't afford to thin the boys out that much.

Folks, tradition at Huntingdon is dwindling away and way too fast. They even took "Paul Ward Stadium" off the front of the pressbox. At least a few fans put the Mustang statue in the endzone in honor of C. H. Pudor. I guess we should be proud that no one in the administration stopped that.

Mustang Fans, it's time to get our heads out of the sand and demand change. Oh, I almost forgot..........it's the boys fault that our program is slipping. If you really believe that, then you have reallly bought in with what is going on at HHS.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Just A Phase The Stangs Are Going Through...Anytime There Is Changes There Has To Be Penalties...I Feel Huntingdon Will Rite The Ship And Be Back On Top Sooner Than We Expect. If You Take Bruceton For Example...It Took Awhile For The Players To Buy Into The Coaching Staff And Believe In Their Abilities. Everytime There Is A Change In Coaching There Is Gonna Be A Change In Performance. :thumb:

Well, another year is in the books. Let's see.........we beat Bruceton, West Carroll, Dresden, Gleason and South Fulton. I guess that was all we were supposed to win because we've been told by the powers to be that we can't compete against Camden, Milan and Westview anymore. They're bigger schools than we are. I don't think those schools just got bigger than Huntingdon in the past 3 or 4 years. Heck, we can't even compete with McKenzie anymore. I argue that those teams coaches have a lot to do with it!!!

We saw our numbers drop to a new low in recent history. Only had 40+ boys dress out this season. We have been having close to 70. But, the coaches said they were going to thin them out when fall practice began. I hope they ran the right ones off. I don't think our coaches know what that freshman or sophomore will look like when he is a senior. As a small school, we can't afford to thin the boys out that much.

Folks, tradition at Huntingdon is dwindling away and way too fast. They even took "Paul Ward Stadium" off the front of the pressbox. At least a few fans put the Mustang statue in the endzone in honor of C. H. Pudor. I guess we should be proud that no one in the administration stopped that.

Mustang Fs, it's time to get our heads out of the sand and demand change. Oh, I almost forgot..........it's the boys fault that our program is slipping. If you really believe that, then you have reallly bought in with what is going on at HHS.

Edited by TheBarber

Mustang Fans, it's time to get our heads out of the sand and demand change. Oh, I almost forgot..........it's the boys fault that our program is slipping. If you really believe that, then you have reallly bought in with what is going on at HHS.

First of all, PudorField, why did you name yourself this name?? If you hate the program this bad, then why didnt you name yourslef something else? PLEASE ANSWER THAT?????

It seems like your "in the land of oz" on this issue of our coaches. I do agree Huntingdon's teams arent the same caliber as they were in the late 90's, 2003-05. I dot think nothing is wrong with the coaches. Please tell me what has changed since Mansfield left? Nothing except the level of players. Huntingdon still has good players, just not as LOADED as they were in the aforementioned years above.

Huntingdon have been playing Milan, Camden, Westview, and Mckenzie forever. And last time I checked, Huntingdon WAS ALWAYS the smallest school EVERY TIME. Why stop playing them? I have lived here in Harriman for 40yrs. I remember Huntingdon having good teams in the 60s, 70s, 80s , 90s, and now. In my opinion they got to that level because they played competition that was stiffer than the sorry teams. wHY PLAY TEAMS THAT ARE SORRY JUST FOR WINS?? WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO IN THE LONG RUN?

Mckenzie has the same coaches that had when Huntingdon was killing them. Milan has the same coaches when Huntingdon owned them in the playoffs from 2003, 04,05. Camden has the same coaches that they did when Huntingdon owned them. So I guess its the coaches, isnt it? Dang Man!

Now, the the subject matter of total kids playing at Huntingdon. Yea it matter to some degree if you have 70 players vs. 35 players. But, didnt Trousdale Co only have 18 players one year and won the championship? Its my opinion that no coach no where will intentionally run off kids. If the kid quits, he probably doesnt want to be there anyway, right? If that kid isnt tough enough as a freshman, why would he be tough as a senior? That all goes back to my thoughts that it doesnt matter how many players you got. I would rather have 30 REALLY TOUGH kids, than having 70 kids and only 20 are really tough ones WHO WANT TO PLAY!! It sounds like those particular kids didnt want to be there anyway. The kids made the choice to quit, not the coaches. Arent the coaches there to make kids tougher (mentally and phsically)? Sounds like the kids that quit werent either of the two!! It you like seeing 70 players on the sideline then YOU ARE ALL ABOUT AN IMAGE!! FOOTBALL IS A TOUGH MANS GAME! Its not golf!

Pudorfield, you sound like you have close nits to the old Coach Ward. You have brought this stuff up before.

I remember Huntingdon having good teams in the 60s and 70s that were led by Paul Ward. Coach Ward liked to beat you with the exact same offense play the whole game if he could. Lots of teams hated playing against him because they knew he played "tough man- brutal football". I have followed football forever in East Tennessee and West Tennessee.

I believe Coach Eric Swenson believes down in his heart than running the football will win him games. Thats why I follow him so much, not just for the fact that he is from where I live, but because he wants to beat you the ole fashion way, "tough man style". I love it!

The statue in the endzone is a great thing in my opinion. You act like people in Huntingdon will some how forget who Coach Ward was since they removed the name of the Pressbox. That will never happen. I live all the way in Harriman, and I will never forget that name.

The reason why the statue of the elder Coach Pudor is there is because he is the oldest coach. One day there will be a statue of Coach Ward somewhere. And then there will be a staute of Mansfield somewhere probably after we are all dead. But it will happen. Write it down, one day a statue of Caoch Swenson will be placd somewhere. Because Huntingdon isnt going anywhere at all! They will be back strong soon. And when that happens all these "temporary semi good team" will fall back in their place.

I know that legendary Coach PAUL WARD has passed away. I bet you he is happy as he can be that Coach Swenson has come to Huntingdon to carry on the tradition of the program. They call a similiar offense system, and are similiar in philosophy.

Please write back on here Pudorfield, I am so anxious to see what you have to say!!!

First of all, PudorField, why did you name yourself this name?? If you hate the program this bad, then why didnt you name yourslef something else? PLEASE ANSWER THAT?????

It seems like your "in the land of oz" on this issue of our coaches. I do agree Huntingdon's teams arent the same caliber as they were in the late 90's, 2003-05. I dot think nothing is wrong with the coaches. Please tell me what has changed since Mansfield left? Nothing except the level of players. Huntingdon still has good players, just not as LOADED as they were in the aforementioned years above.

Huntingdon have been playing Milan, Camden, Westview, and Mckenzie forever. And last time I checked, Huntingdon WAS ALWAYS the smallest school EVERY TIME. Why stop playing them? I have lived here in Harriman for 40yrs. I remember Huntingdon having good teams in the 60s, 70s, 80s , 90s, and now. In my opinion they got to that level because they played competition that was stiffer than the sorry teams. wHY PLAY TEAMS THAT ARE SORRY JUST FOR WINS?? WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO IN THE LONG RUN?

Mckenzie has the same coaches that had when Huntingdon was killing them. Milan has the same coaches when Huntingdon owned them in the playoffs from 2003, 04,05. Camden has the same coaches that they did when Huntingdon owned them. So I guess its the coaches, isnt it? Dang Man!

Now, the the subject matter of total kids playing at Huntingdon. Yea it matter to some degree if you have 70 players vs. 35 players. But, didnt Trousdale Co only have 18 players one year and won the championship? Its my opinion that no coach no where will intentionally run off kids. If the kid quits, he probably doesnt want to be there anyway, right? If that kid isnt tough enough as a freshman, why would he be tough as a senior? That all goes back to my thoughts that it doesnt matter how many players you got. I would rather have 30 REALLY TOUGH kids, than having 70 kids and only 20 are really tough ones WHO WANT TO PLAY!! It sounds like those particular kids didnt want to be there anyway. The kids made the choice to quit, not the coaches. Arent the coaches there to make kids tougher (mentally and phsically)? Sounds like the kids that quit werent either of the two!! It you like seeing 70 players on the sideline then YOU ARE ALL ABOUT AN IMAGE!! FOOTBALL IS A TOUGH MANS GAME! Its not golf!

Pudorfield, you sound like you have close nits to the old Coach Ward. You have brought this stuff up before.

I remember Huntingdon having good teams in the 60s and 70s that were led by Paul Ward. Coach Ward liked to beat you with the exact same offense play the whole game if he could. Lots of teams hated playing against him because they knew he played "tough man- brutal football". I have followed football forever in East Tennessee and West Tennessee.

I believe Coach Eric Swenson believes down in his heart than running the football will win him games. Thats why I follow him so much, not just for the fact that he is from where I live, but because he wants to beat you the ole fashion way, "tough man style". I love it!

The statue in the endzone is a great thing in my opinion. You act like people in Huntingdon will some how forget who Coach Ward was since they removed the name of the Pressbox. That will never happen. I live all the way in Harriman, and I will never forget that name.

The reason why the statue of the elder Coach Pudor is there is because he is the oldest coach. One day there will be a statue of Coach Ward somewhere. And then there will be a staute of Mansfield somewhere probably after we are all dead. But it will happen. Write it down, one day a statue of Caoch Swenson will be placd somewhere. Because Huntingdon isnt going anywhere at all! They will be back strong soon. And when that happens all these "temporary semi good team" will fall back in their place.

I know that legendary Coach PAUL WARD has passed away. I bet you he is happy as he can be that Coach Swenson has come to Huntingdon to carry on the tradition of the program. They call a similiar offense system, and are similiar in philosophy.

Please write back on here Pudorfield, I am so anxious to see what you have to say!!!

great post, kinda long but great! :thumb:

As a Milan Fan this may sound a little wierd but, I want yall to be good. Because, it makes season alot more fun to play good teams rich with tradition. With the rivalry we have had it makes for some awesome friday nights. Good luck with getting this thing back on track and having some more epic battles in the future. I hope yall are 9-1 next year and you can guess where I want that 1 to come from.....

No disrespect to you or your opinions, but please allow me to disagree. First, the statue is of a horse not a man. It seems you have close ties with the current coach at Huntingdon, but I think it's a little extreme to even suggest a statue of him will one day be erected. 2nd, maybe someone should have asked the more than 10 young men who quit the team why they did that. Did anyone care? I know many of these young men and their abilities would have helped on the field. This has to say something about the program, doesn't it? Next, who, including Paul Ward, would be pleased with a 5-7 record? Lastly, any coach can have a preferred offensive plan that they believe is THE BEST, but if you don't have the talent to support it, what good does it do to keep calling the same plays over and over? AND, what about defense?? Is it being taught, too? I'm really tired of hearing "we do what we do." There were 7 teams this year that showed that "what we do" just didn't isn't good enough.

As a Milan Fan this may sound a little wierd but, I want yall to be good. Because, it makes season alot more fun to play good teams rich with tradition. With the rivalry we have had it makes for some awesome friday nights. Good luck with getting this thing back on track and having some more epic battles in the future. I hope yall are 9-1 next year and you can guess where I want that 1 to come from.....

[/quote

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Milan/Huntingdon tradition is at an end. Milan has been dropped from the Huntingdon schedule. I'll miss the rivalry, too.

Enough about the statue. It looks great. A little close to the field but it looks great.

Back to the topic. The Middle School came along way this past year and the HYFL has some very impressive young men that played this past fall.

Skilled players that Johnny Ray Pearson and Scotty Pinson used in the Wildcats offense or single wing. Get the ball in the skilled players hands and good things will happen.

Nothing wrong with running the same plays but in this age and time with videos and breaking down game films and players size you can't run off tackle every play. Pass the Ball run the ball and block,block,block.

Edited by tricklician