Big 8 Offseason Thread - 2010 Edition

formerblazer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlook for 2011

Central - I honestly don't know what is going on over at Central. They had a win so I guess that is good, but I don't know if they will make a lot of gains next year.

Volunteer - Wildcat...sometimes you gotta quit being cute and just play football. I think Volunteer will be better, but they are still definitely down from years past.

Crockett - Surprised me this year, but shot themselves in the foot by not beating Volunteer. They should have been in the playoffs the past two years but one game out has been the story. I don't think they are losing a lot, so it could be a lot closer in some of its games this next year.

TN High - Lost a lot, didn't have many gains, but still...two kids graduated who are going to a DI school. Last year made people pay attention to the area because of TN High, two kids get the benefit, so more people are looking to the area... but I am thinking this year may be another reloading year for the Vikings. I'm sure the usual will let me know.

South - who knows. They were supposed to be down and their out of conference games showed it, but they were second place in the district so to say South is down is way premature.

Boone - losing a ton. losing it everywhere, but not in too bad a shape at all. Way too early to tell with this group, but a lot of talent every where.

DB - regained their name this past year, whooped everyone in the area (and out of conference games as well). Losing a lot of talent...but always having plenty extra all over the place.

SH - Heard a lot saying it was a disappointing year... you don't build Rome in a day but it seems like people are learning how to defend against that spread that South was fond of running that went over to SH... but I think SH may have the best team in the district... but only if they have an excellent off season and a good attitude. If SH kids get a cocky attitude...it'll be another 5-5 year from Johnson City.

So the year has come and gone, and it seems like I once again shall be the one to start the official offseason thread for our conference.

I'll let someone else start talking it up about next year and what is what. I have my own opinions on overall for next year.

Start it rolling, gotta make it better than last years!

Hey FB, still have that shirt. Here you got stuck in traffic. As you may have heard Boone played there tails off, but the turnover bug just kept biteing us.

But why i posted on here you still have one more chance to see your boy play, he made the Northeast TN. VS. Southwest VA. All-Star team. Along with #'s 16,1,50,52,& your boy #9. Game to be played Dec. 18. not sure what time yet. Needless to say Coach Arnold was not pleased to here he was playing, But as i told him this is a once in a life time oppertunity. Plus he is very stokked about playing with the best Upper East TN. Sr. So i hope you get a chance to come. The game is being played at S. HILL. Coached by Stacy Carter, plus i here that Jenkins maybe a Def. coach. but not sure on that.

Hey FB, still have that shirt. Here you got stuck in traffic. As you may have heard Boone played there tails off, but the turnover bug just kept biteing us.

But why i posted on here you still have one more chance to see your boy play, he made the Northeast TN. VS. Southwest VA. All-Star team. Along with #'s 16,1,50,52,& your boy #9. Game to be played Dec. 18. not sure what time yet. Needless to say Coach Arnold was not pleased to here he was playing, But as i told him this is a once in a life time oppertunity. Plus he is very stokked about playing with the best Upper East TN. Sr. So i hope you get a chance to come. The game is being played at S. HILL. Coached by Stacy Carter, plus i here that Jenkins maybe a Def. coach. but not sure on that.

Awesome that is great news. I will definitely be there as I am going to be leaving the 17th instead of the 18th! Great news! Thanks!

Awesome that is great news. I will definitely be there as I am going to be leaving the 17th instead of the 18th! Great news! Thanks!

Your very welcome, he is so excited about playing with the likes of Heath H, Sean S, Carmichale (grv's qb), Spradlin, R. Clark, Chris S. This team will be loaded with speed. Not sure about what S.W. VA. has, but iam sure it will be a great game.

I think as far as talent goes Boone will be just fine. The question is leadership and there is no way to measure how much we are losing in that area.

Well T.S. i have not miss a game in 4 years, and this bunch that we are loosing is going to be real hard to replace.

We are loosing at least 6 on the Def. side of the ball, and i think counting the 2 QB's about 8 on the Off. side. Dont get me wrong the Freshmen looked real inpressive this year, but they have no varsity experince, i think they might be down next year a little, but will be better the following year. This coaching staff is great and i dont mean just at football. I think that DB will win it all agagin next year, the HIll will be much better, but still a year away from be a power house, after watching our freshmen play South and TN. High i think they maybe down in the next year or 2. As for Crockett well they are just Crockett, should have made the playoffs, but they stumped there toe at Vol. Just IMO, Wish the best of luck to everyone next year. Now its time to play a little B-Ball.

P.S. FB, your boy made 1st team all-Con for the 3rd year in a row. Do you know if anyone else has done that at Boone?

Well T.S. i have not miss a game in 4 years, and this bunch that we are loosing is going to be real hard to replace.

We are loosing at least 6 on the Def. side of the ball, and i think counting the 2 QB's about 8 on the Off. side. Dont get me wrong the Freshmen looked real inpressive this year, but they have no varsity experince, i think they might be down next year a little, but will be better the following year. This coaching staff is great and i dont mean just at football. I think that DB will win it all agagin next year, the HIll will be much better, but still a year away from be a power house, after watching our freshmen play South and TN. High i think they maybe down in the next year or 2. As for Crockett well they are just Crockett, should have made the playoffs, but they stumped there toe at Vol. Just IMO, Wish the best of luck to everyone next year. Now its time to play a little B-Ball.

P.S. FB, your boy made 1st team all-Con for the 3rd year in a row. Do you know if anyone else has done that at Boone?

Maybe Sky. There was a linemen who I played with who made it all 3 years, but I can't think of anyone else. So 10 years since that has happened. Jody probably made it way back in the day.

I had to make sure this wasn't a Boone offseason Thread,I guess everyone is on to basketball.I'm not much of a basketball fan other then watching a family member or something like that.I'd rather talk football year around.I'll go watch a game or two,but it's not football.The same for pretty much every other sport.I too think DB will be near or at the top next year and Science Hill should be the team I thought they would be this year.We will have to hear from the South fans,to get a gauge on their 2011 team.It sounds like TH will be young.The boys from Church Hill might still a game and Central should win a few more over all.I don't know about David Crockett,but they had some big freshman this year.

Batman, do you think we will run the same option offense with slot backs again next year? I think we should switch back to what we had and let Cook throw it all over the field. kid has an arm.

It's hard to argue with the results this year and we have some speed coming back.Cook is a pretty athetic QB as well.I don't know how coach will do it,but we could see Cook cranking a few up.

I don't dispute anything you said and maybe it is wishful thinking but after watching alot of JV and Freshmen games this year I was very impressed. I think they both went like 8-2 or something but more important than the record was how athletic they looked. We looked much bigger than years past while also having some speed on the field. JJ will get them in the weight room this year and hopefully we can keep it going.