Big 8 Offseason Thread - 2010 Edition

formerblazer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlook for 2011

Central - I honestly don't know what is going on over at Central. They had a win so I guess that is good, but I don't know if they will make a lot of gains next year.

Volunteer - Wildcat...sometimes you gotta quit being cute and just play football. I think Volunteer will be better, but they are still definitely down from years past.

Crockett - Surprised me this year, but shot themselves in the foot by not beating Volunteer. They should have been in the playoffs the past two years but one game out has been the story. I don't think they are losing a lot, so it could be a lot closer in some of its games this next year.

TN High - Lost a lot, didn't have many gains, but still...two kids graduated who are going to a DI school. Last year made people pay attention to the area because of TN High, two kids get the benefit, so more people are looking to the area... but I am thinking this year may be another reloading year for the Vikings. I'm sure the usual will let me know.

South - who knows. They were supposed to be down and their out of conference games showed it, but they were second place in the district so to say South is down is way premature.

Boone - losing a ton. losing it everywhere, but not in too bad a shape at all. Way too early to tell with this group, but a lot of talent every where.

DB - regained their name this past year, whooped everyone in the area (and out of conference games as well). Losing a lot of talent...but always having plenty extra all over the place.

SH - Heard a lot saying it was a disappointing year... you don't build Rome in a day but it seems like people are learning how to defend against that spread that South was fond of running that went over to SH... but I think SH may have the best team in the district... but only if they have an excellent off season and a good attitude. If SH kids get a cocky attitude...it'll be another 5-5 year from Johnson City.

I think the vast majority of those thinking this was a disappointing year for SH came from outside Johnson City. I'll take 6-5 with a playoff loss to the presumable state champ, especially after one preseason column predicted the Hill would go 3-7. Most of SH's fan base knows that this is going to be a multi year process.

I think the vast majority of those thinking this was a disappointing year for SH came from outside Johnson City. I'll take 6-5 with a playoff loss to the presumable state champ, especially after one preseason column predicted the Hill would go 3-7. Most of SH's fan base knows that this is going to be a multi year process.

Well that is good to hear....it will take quite a few to make it where it needs to be. I will def keep my eye on the SH football next year. I can't wait to see the new stadium at the allstar game!

Yea, that's why we fared so well in the playoffs.

Oh come now, you have 4 teams in the playoffs from the Big 8, two made it to the second round, it should have been 3 cause South would have beaten someone else in the first round had it not been 2 Big 8 teams in there. The DB game is what it is, i feel they should have won but that is how the dice roll. You have to admit, picking from the best of any team in the Big 8 and putting them together is a heck of a lot of talent on one team.

That was quick! Here is the Tennessee roster and coaching staff. Big 8 members are bolded:

# Name School Pos. Off./Def.

1 Maurice Cannon Dobyns Bennett DB / WR D / O

2 Kenan Wilhoit South Greene WR O

3 Willie Carmichael Greeneville QB / FS O / D

4 Andrew Julian West Greene WR O

5 Sean Seabolt Dobyns Bennett DB / QB D / O

6 Hayden Chandley Daniel Boone DB D

7 Jalen Shuffler South Greene WR O

8 Brandon Burkey Daniel Boone K O

9 Alex Payne Science Hill DE D

10 Gannon Glaspie Science Hill WR O

11 BJ Spradlin Greeneville RB/LB O / D

12 Heath Haden Sullivan South QB O

13 Scott Gibson Unicoi County DB D

14 Rusty Clark Dobyns Bennett LB D

15 Tyler Kelley West Greene WR O

16 Kevin Connell Daniel Boone DE D

17 Tyler Wynchell Sullivan Central QB O

18 Alec Whitehead Elizabethton LB/DB D

19 Tyler Shell Cloudland LB D

20 Brandon Rutherford Tennessee High K O

21 Victor Shephard David Crockett RB O

22 Matt Jennings Johnson County RB O

23 Ryan Mithchell Science Hill WR O

24 Zack Moffitt Volunteer LB D

25 Matt Rosenbaum David Crockett LB D

27 Chaz Story Greeneville LB D

28 John Lucas North Greene DB D

39 Cameron Duckworth Cherokee WR O

42 Rodney Ramsey Chuckey Doak TE O

43 ZackNaylor Unaka LB D

44 Michael Ball West Greene LB D

45 Colt Cloniger Sullivan Central LB D

49 Doug Cook Sullivan North DL D

50 Chuck Harris Daniel Boone DL D

51 Jarread Whitehead Elizabethton DL D

52 Ethan Good Daniel Boone OL O

53 Bobby Quinn Tennessee High LB D

54 Tyler Whitlock Elizabethton OL O

55 Jordan Taylor Unaka OL O

56 TJ Lyons Hampton DE D

57 Logan Baker Happy Valley DE/LB D

58 Danny Herman Johnson County DL D

59 Kevin Nelson Science Hill OL O

# Name School Pos. Off./Def.

61 Cody Carter Tennessee High OL O

62 Dylan Lockard Happy Valley DL D

65 Nick Solt Sullivan South DE D

67 Brandon Leeper Dobyns Bennett OL O

69 Aaron Shelley Unicoi County OL O

72 Frank Mutter Volunteer OL O

74 Austin Hyder Sullivan South OL O

75 Dakota Presnell Cloudland DE D

76 Josh Stubblefield Cherokee DL D

77 Chris Pardy Chuckey Doak OL O

78 Ian Newbry Sullivan North OL O

82 Eric Arnold Johnson County TE O

90 Aaron Blevins Tri-cities Christian C O

92 Travis Rogan Tri-cities Christian LS O

Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: Stacy Carter Science Hill

Offense

Sam Haynie Sullivan South

Robbie Turbyfill Cloudland

Kent Green David Crockett

Joe Case West Greene

Defense

Ralph Nelson Science Hill

Jeremy Jenkins Daniel Boone

Brian Barrett Dobyns Bennett

Stan Ogg Elizabethton

A few more tidbits:

College rules apply in regard to quarter length, kickoffs, overtime, and playclock

WJHL will replay the game from 7:00-9:00.