Big 8 Offseason Thread - 2010 Edition

formerblazer

I liked Tennessee qb yea he celebrated a little to much. The freshmen was was carrying them last night I'm glad he got some confidence. Tennessee as a team has No Discipline should of been 3 or 4 personal foul on us in the last drive. If the field goal kicker does he job game over.

I thought K-state got ripped off for a whole lot less.It's great to have confidence but Bray hasn't done quite enough to be "double slicing" his throat after a play. I didn't have the game on the radio but I could bet the UT announcers were giving NC a hard time about the last few seconds {just like at the end of the LSU game}before they decided to review the final play.I said after the missed extra point,that's what get's you beat.I didn't understand NC trying a run with less then twenty seconds to go.Both teams deserved to lose and it was a shame one even won after all the cheep shots and unsportmanlike things for Tennessee and poor play by NC at the end.UT is a million miles away from the team I followed to Alabama and watched Manning lead the band after a beat down over the Tide.Ten million miles away from the 1998 team I watched fight until the end of a game they were all but beat against Arkansas and fought on to win the nation title.I will agree that teams like Tennessee this year deserve to go to a Franklin American mortgage music city bowl.However,any team worth their salt should be playing in a 16 team national playoff system.If they want to use the big bowls in the last few rounds,so be it.If they don't,then send a 7-5 Big ten team to play a 7-5 pac ten team in the rose bowl and so on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record and all things aside, Tennessee won the game last night and then got it taken away by the refs. According to the NCAA rule book when the ref signals and announces "end of game" then and only then is the game "offically" over. The clock does not end the game the official does. Everybody knows the official announced the end of the game right there on national TV. It was after the players were leaving the field and both coaches had shook hands at mid field that "somebody" decided to review the play. The game was already officially over. Theres no fine print to the rule. Tennessee won the game. End of story.

Just for the record and all things aside, Tennessee won the game last night and then got it taken away by the refs. According to the NCAA rule book when the ref signals and announces "end of game" then and only then is the game "offically" over. The clock does not end the game the official does. Everybody knows the official announced the end of the game right there on national TV. It was after the players were leaving the field and both coaches had shook hands at mid field that "somebody" decided to review the play. The game was already officially over. Theres no fine print to the rule. Tennessee won the game. End of story.

This may be the only time that I will agree with you. :thumb:

The Tennessee football team's actions in a win or loss were nothing short of disgraceful to the state.It reminded me of the Miami hurricanes when they could get a 100 plus yards of unsportsmanlike penalties just to rub it in.The biggest difference is that this Tennessee football team beat nobody and gave up 45 straight points to a single team in what was the worst defeat in Neyland history.Let's go ahead and give them a win over a team that lost half it's players and were 7-5 coming in.This was nothing short of what Greeneville faced in the finals.How are high school kids going to learn anything when they have coaches like they do at some high schools and players being able to show their backsides at the college that most represents the entire state.Let's not forget about all of the great off the field work we have seen in the last few years from UT's players and coaches.............................................................................Thank goodness for Pat and her girls and what they have done at UT for decades.

The Tennessee football team's actions in a win or loss were nothing short of disgraceful to the state.It reminded me of the Miami hurricanes when they could get a 100 plus yards of unsportsmanlike penalties just to rub it in.The biggest difference is that this Tennessee football team beat nobody and gave up 45 straight points to a single team in what was the worst defeat in Neyland history.Let's go ahead and give them a win over a team that lost half it's players and were 7-5 coming in.This was nothing short of what Greeneville faced in the finals.How are high school kids going to learn anything when they have coaches like they do at some high schools and players being able to show their backsides at the college that most represents the entire state.Let's not forget about all of the great off the field work we have seen in the last few years from UT's players and coaches.............................................................................Thank goodness for Pat and her girls and what they have done at UT for decades.

I could reply to this stupid post with some facts that would make you look like the "boob" of the year. But I just figure your still drunk from last nights News Years Eve party. Either way you don't have a clue.

Maybe you need to start posting on some of the girl's volleyball or basketball threads!

Maybe so,most of those girls are probably tougher then the girls I post with on here.

Thats funny that you would say this being that your the one thats always wanting to join in a circle and sing kum ba yah on here. I've always pictured you as wearing pink socks and flowered pants. While your wearing those flowered pants Id still like to see you explain just how the Vols are a disgrace to the state. And how in the world can you compair Trazevant to the Tennessee coaches and players. I think CoachT should bar you for ignorance.

Thats funny that you would say this being that your the one thats always wanting to join in a circle and sing kum ba yah on here. I've always pictured you as wearing pink socks and flowered pants. While your wearing those flowered pants Id still like to see you explain just how the Vols are a disgrace to the state. And how in the world can you compair Trazevant to the Tennessee coaches and players. I think CoachT should bar you for ignorance.

Ignorance would get us all thrown off of here.Cheep shots and lack of class is about as simple as I can make it for you.That's a lack of leadership that has to be reflected towards the staff at Trazevant as well as Tennessee.You act as if your cutting someones throat with one hand and then the other and continue to play ? Your singing Kum ba thug if your going to defend that show.

Edited by BatmanDB

Ignorance would get us all thrown off of here.Cheep shots and lack of class is about as simple as I can make it for you.That's a lack of leadership that has to be reflected towards the staff at Trazevant as well as Tennessee.You act as if your cutting someones throat with one hand and then the other and continue to play ? Your singing Kum ba thug if your going to defend that show.

Thats it? Thats all you got? Maybe you'll be happy five years from now when the wussies have full control of football. We'll be playing flag football and players will have to walk off the field with their heads hung low after scoring a touchdown. Can't offend anyone. As for now and in case you don't get it, when a player simulates the throat cut it signifies that his team has just made a good play. It does not mean that he has actually cut someones throat. Get it? I understand that the ref could of thrown a flag for that, which is sad to say the least. A Kansas State player was flaged for saluting the fans after scoring a TD yesterday that probably cost them the game. Thats just silly to give a ref that option. Theres nothing wrong with doing those kind of things after scoring or making a good play. The rule needs to be changed. You see these things from every team but you just want to single out Tennessee. Maybe you should pack your bags and move to North Carolina. I think "Boob" Davies just got in your head as he just couldn't get past it either. Even as he spent the entire 4th quarter prazing the Big 10 officials as they made one bad call after another on both sides of the ball. This Tennessee team has been screwed about as much as you can get screwed the past three years. They got robed out of two wins this year after working their butts off all year to overcome all the bad things that have happened to them. And I have to read a stupid post by someone trying to pile on even more crap. There wasn't enough time in the entire game for them to throw enough "cheap shots" to get even with the screwing they got Thursday night. And Dooley showed nothing but class in the post game press conference. You lose.

Oh and another thing. Only two teams in all of college football has more freshman starting than does Tennessee. And only Tennesse has three starting freshman on the offensive line along with a true freshman at quarterback. Dooley is the right man to build this team into a winner. You'll see two years from now when you try to jump back on the banwagon. Now go pet your cat.