TCA at McKenzie

VOLnWTN

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching our last two meetings with TCA I feel confident that the Rebels will NOT be overconfident against them. It's very obvious to me that Comer's two strongest suits coaching the Rebs is preparedness and discipline!! How many flags were thrown on us tonight? That's a good sign for starters but, of course we have some of the best officials at this level too so......

The Rebels WON'T underestimate TCA......trust me!

Sure hated to see Floyd lose control for a moment and in effect end his career as a Rebel tonight. That was a shame.

Is Max OK?

Max is good, just had the wind taken out of him.

Flloyd wasn't ejected, just pulled out and had an ear full. I spoke with him afterwards and got what happened. While they were down in the pile, a Riverside player grabbed his facemask and pretty much twisted it off his head. Now knowing Floyd, he stood up for himself which I can't say I blame him. He gets a little hotheaded which is a good thing but control sometimes gets the better of him. He will be out there next week. Lucky for us we had some fine officials tonight and they showed restraint on that call plus a few others. My boy even got warned for reacting to an uncalled action in which he retaleated. We came out pretty healthy and all will be suited up next Friday :thumb:

Edited by McKRebelDad

Was that ya'll singing at the end............... :roflol:

Naw man, you don't EVEN want to hear me sing...it would clear the bleachers in less than 5 minutes.

There was this one Dresden girl in front of me singing that "NaNaNaNa...HeyHeyHey...Good Bye!" thing. There is nothing on earth (pretty much) like a high school football stadium full of rednecks this time of season!! If ya' can't have fun ya' need to call 911! There was folks from Huntingdon on both sides of the field (?) and there were folks from Dresden on both sides and I reckon a lot of other towns represented.

Don't guess I really care where all that sentiment was directed tonight. I'm just glad that us and Riverside made it far enough to be the focus of it. With enough interest from the kids and especially enough work from them and coach Goff the Panthers are on the verge of good things. Hard to say that considering for the time being those good things will have to come thru us. But, that's what makes a rivalry. That's a healthy thing.

Good season Riverside. Now set a goal for the next round. Honestly hope all of you got home safe and sound. And to the Earnhardt fan amongst you (based on window art) :thumb:

We prolly gonna keep the horns for at least another week though.

Edited by duckman38201

Was that ya'll singing at the end............... :roflol:

Awww Dude, you don't want to hear me sing!!!! I'd cleared the stadium in 5 minutes.

I'm a karioke (sp) nightmare except for a little Hank Williams and one Elvis song and I'm not real good at them!! Was this one Dresden girl in front of me singing that "Hey Hey Hey....Good Bye" thing though. Nothing on earth like a High School Football stadium on a Friday night, full of passionate redneck fans is there!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was Huntingdon folks on both sides of the field. There was Dresden folks on both sides of the field and prolly a lot more. I don't get upset about where the sentiments lie. I'm just glad to be part of the best show around this time of season.

Edited by duckman38201

Flloyd wasn't ejected, just pulled out and had an ear full. I spoke with him afterwards and got what happened. While they were down in the pile, a Riverside player grabbed his facemask and pretty much twisted it off his head. Now knowing Floyd, he stood up for himself which I can't say I blame him. He gets a little hotheaded which is a good thing but control sometimes gets the better of him. He will be out there next week. Lucky for us we had some fine officials tonight and they showed restraint on that call plus a few others. My boy even got warned for reacting to an uncalled action in which he retaleated. We came out pretty healthy and all will be suited up next Friday :thumb:

All good news. I saw Floyd get that ear full....LOL!! I felt the officials tonight were as good as I've seen in a good long while. Some of their ball spots kind of looked way off to me but, they did it both ways so............

Thats because the officials were from the Memphis area and therefore have most likely seen a lot worse than a shove, helmet off, etc.... I'd say we were good until we pulled out a knife then you might get put out of the game...:roflol: .... depending on the size of the knife.......

Thats because the officials were from the Memphis area and therefore have most likely seen a lot worse than a shove, helmet off, etc.... I'd say we were good until we pulled out a knife then you might get put out of the game...:roflol: .... depending on the size of the knife.......

All kidding aside, I think you may be right Wannab. And I will agree, best officiated game I have seen all year. I think both teams had 2 penalties each for 10 yards.

All kidding aside, I think you may be right Wannab. And I will agree, best officiated game I have seen all year. I think both teams had 2 penalties each for 10 yards.

Well I'm gonna Go Dig Up Some Old Posts On The Last Game....Especially The One Where Humboldt And Peabody Was Mentioned...Who'da Thunk It That TCA Would Come A Calling? :roflolk:

Well maybe the third time at McKenzie is the charm for TCA. Last time these two teams met, JW had a bum shoulder and before that he had a high ankle sprain.

Please dont think I am making excuses for earlier this year, just worth noting that JW is the kind of player that simply wants to play. He's not the kind of kid that complains about an injury, or even the Mr. Football nominations (or lack there of).

All im saying is to my knowledge he is healthy this time. I promise you, you will hear no excuses from me Saturday morning if the Rebels whoop our arse.

One difference this go around is the absence of #11 for TCA. He tore his ACL a few weeks back and will not be on the field this Friday.

I hope TCA learned from their first trip to McKenzie this year; and I hope they can pull the W this week! Go Lions! :thumb:

Well maybe the third time at McKenzie is the charm for TCA. Last time these two teams met, JW had a bum shoulder and before that he had a high ankle sprain.

Please dont think I am making excuses for earlier this year, just worth noting that JW is the kind of player that simply wants to play. He's not the kind of kid that complains about an injury, or even the Mr. Football nominations (or lack there of).

All im saying is to my knowledge he is healthy this time. I promise you, you will hear no excuses from me Saturday morning if the Rebels whoop our arse.

One difference this go around is the absence of #11 for TCA. He tore his ACL a few weeks back and will not be on the field this Friday.

I hope TCA learned from their first trip to McKenzie this year; and I hope they can pull the W this week! Go Lions! :thumb:

Will You Be In Attendance?

I was on the top row, one section toward the scoreboard from the pressbox right at the head of that aisle. Big 'ol (and old) boy with a red Rebel Hoodie and red Rebel cap on. Don't let me leave out the beard.

Cookville.......maybe.....hope so. But, trust me, TCA wants us

BAD!! It should be a well spent $8. I do believe there were a bunch of ya'll up around us tonight. I would have been the one hollering WOOOOOOOOOO a lot tonight and not because I was using Berkley trilene line either!!! If you bass fish you know what I mean. (Not a big Rick Flair fan either)

And if it was me, I'm dying to know what made you think it was me!!!! I'm pretty weird in my own way. In the early season in T-shirt weather I'm REAL easy to spot. Big old boy in a Red Rebel t-shirt and cap and a pony tail down to my waist (which was under my hoodie tonight).....also the beard.

Pre-game you will often find me and Butchie together. I'm Thunder and he's Lightening. We usually get on opposite ends of the field during games so both of us don't get kicked out at the same game!!! LOL.....just kidding about that.

Haha my bad I forgot about the ponytail. I sat near a group of bearded guys with a lot of horns and I assumed you were one of them :thumb: