St Georges vs Webb

Memphisfootball

Yes you are playing Webb big boy and you all better be ready. Webb has not lost to a public school in ten years. Bearden, Powell, Austin East, West, Central, and Halls all learned that the hard way. Last time I checked Alcoa doesn't play anybody besides Maryville all year. Your next big game is CAK....they are horrible... and won't play Webb anymore in football after the two beat downs that the Spartans gave them. You play a 6a team(Maryville) and Webb plays a 5a team(Catholic)every year and then Webb tries to find two other public school teams around here that will play them. So you can't talk about who we play because Alcoa doesn't have the toughest schedule either. Webb has 400 students, that is why they play in that division. Guarantee Webb gives your tornadoes their toughest game of the year. Alcoa will find out why teams hate to play Webb.

For one I'm not sure countrycan is a Alcoa fan. He seems to be an imposture.. He just showed up the last few days. Also we did play Webb in 05 or 06. Can't really remember the exact year but it wasn't pretty for Webb. Congrats on the Champoinship.

For one I'm not sure countrycan is a Alcoa fan. He seems to be an imposture.. He just showed up the last few days. Also we did play Webb in 05 or 06. Can't really remember the exact year but it wasn't pretty for Webb. Congrats on the Champoinship.

Webb played aloca in 03 and 04...lost both...i believe the 04 webb team finished 6-6, 03 finished 4-6,...so not the strongest of webb teams (note they did play a tougher schedule)...the 04 team was good starting out but they lost there starting qb mid season with a heart problem and never really recovered, lost to alcoa 35-7 that year. Yet before the d2/d1 split webb was in alcoas district in 2a every year and won the state in 1996 over goodpasture (sound familure!) The next year the private schools were kicked out. Sooooo i would not call webb a jv team, replace webb and alcoa this year and webb would be atleast 14-1...only loss to maryville...if they were to lose (in scrimmmage play webb held there own against maryville scoring 4tds to maryvilles 2). Alcoa has been on a roll of late with getting incredible athletes but dont come on here and act like alcoa is playing in some incredible division in 3a... and webb is crap. Id put money down that webb would beat the 1a, 2a, 4a, and 5a public school champs...alcoa and maryville/smyrna may be a reach but rest assured countrycan webb is no jv.

Webb played aloca in 03 and 04...lost both...i believe the 04 webb team finished 6-6, 03 finished 4-6,...so not the strongest of webb teams (note they did play a tougher schedule)...the 04 team was good starting out but they lost there starting qb mid season with a heart problem and never really recovered, lost to alcoa 35-7 that year. Yet before the d2/d1 split webb was in alcoas district in 2a every year and won the state in 1996 over goodpasture (sound familure!) The next year the private schools were kicked out. Sooooo i would not call webb a jv team, replace webb and alcoa this year and webb would be atleast 14-1...only loss to maryville...if they were to lose (in scrimmmage play webb held there own against maryville scoring 4tds to maryvilles 2). Alcoa has been on a roll of late with getting incredible athletes but dont come on here and act like alcoa is playing in some incredible division in 3a... and webb is crap. Id put money down that webb would beat the 1a, 2a, 4a, and 5a public school champs...alcoa and maryville/smyrna may be a reach but rest assured countrycan webb is no jv.

:roflol:

I watched that game you have got to be kidding?? lmao!!!

Yes you are playing Webb big boy and you all better be ready. Webb has not lost to a public school in ten years. Bearden, Powell, Austin East, West, Central, and Halls all learned that the hard way. Last time I checked Alcoa doesn't play anybody besides Maryville all year. Your next big game is CAK....they are horrible... and won't play Webb anymore in football after the two beat downs that the Spartans gave them. You play a 6a team(Maryville) and Webb plays a 5a team(Catholic)every year and then Webb tries to find two other public school teams around here that will play them. So you can't talk about who we play because Alcoa doesn't have the toughest schedule either. Webb has 400 students, that is why they play in that division. Guarantee Webb gives your tornadoes their toughest game of the year. Alcoa will find out why teams hate to play Webb.

TSSAA website says has 465 students not 400. Don't short change yourself. Its about twice as many students as 70 percent of that league. The decision was made to take advantage of the smaller pond to win championships so lets be real. BUT...props to Webb for scheduling mighty tough games outside their league. Maybe the toughest scheduling of any D2A school outside of league this year and definitely next year.

But that is still the division they are supposed to be in. So who cares if they have more kids then 70% of the other schools? The classification lines were set and Webb went to the division that they were supposed to go in. Yes Webb did lose to Alcoa last time they played them and I said that Webb hasn't lost to a public school in ten years, but what I meant to say was a Knoxville public school, as in the KIL. My bad.

TSSAA website says has 465 students not 400. Don't short change yourself. Its about twice as many students as 70 percent of that league. The decision was made to take advantage of the smaller pond to win championships so lets be real. BUT...props to Webb for scheduling mighty tough games outside their league. Maybe the toughest scheduling of any D2A school outside of league this year and definitely next year.

The difference between 400 students and 465 is nothing. Half those kids are girls so you're at about 30 after that then take into account that over half the kids who come to WEbb come for academics or drama etc. So getting that critical about a number put on here is ridiculous. Webb has just won back to back state championships and are still not gaining any respect. You can't compare Webb to any of the other schools in their division. Webb is in the division they are supposed to be and aside from the the AD at Webb works harder than any other AD in the division to put together the hardest and toughest non divisional games and up until next year the only public school who has the balls to keep Webb on their schedule is Catholic simply because over the years Webb has beaten all the others. You can't blame Webb they are doing what they are supposed to be doing where they are supposed to be doing it.

To redirect the topic back to the game, what happened to St George? Webb's offense was clearly hitting on all cylinders Thursday night, but I was shocked at how poorly SG's defense played. I honestly expected SG's coach to have a good enough defensive scheme to at least slow them down.

I also expected SG's offense would have success. Webb gave up several yards to both Davidson's and FRA's solid running attacks. I guess I was wrong... Congrats to Webb

Although they are on the eastern half of the state, Baylor is not an East TN team. When people speak of the strength of E TN teams they are speaking of the Greater Knoxville area not Chattanooga area or Tri-Cities area.

And yet, I guarantee some of the pro-East Tennessee crowd will claim South Pittsburg today and Signal Mountain tomorrow when they take down TCS.

The difference between 400 students and 465 is nothing. Half those kids are girls so you're at about 30 after that then take into account that over half the kids who come to WEbb come for academics or drama etc. So getting that critical about a number put on here is ridiculous. Webb has just won back to back state championships and are still not gaining any respect. You can't compare Webb to any of the other schools in their division. Webb is in the division they are supposed to be and aside from the the AD at Webb works harder than any other AD in the division to put together the hardest and toughest non divisional games and up until next year the only public school who has the balls to keep Webb on their schedule is Catholic simply because over the years Webb has beaten all the others. You can't blame Webb they are doing what they are supposed to be doing where they are supposed to be doing it.

Webb is the largest school in their division. Add to that, the fact that they heavily recruit a sizable number of football players and you get the reality that they should win their division. Teams don't gain respect for doing what they should be doing. That is the very reason that some of the schools choose to play "up" to AA. To Webbs credit, they schedule tough non league games and have agreed to play in Kickoff Classic which will earn them more respect than the state titles in A. They have an awesome football program.

Webb is the largest school in their division. Add to that, the fact that they heavily recruit a sizable number of football players and you get the reality that they should win their division. Teams don't gain respect for doing what they should be doing. That is the very reason that some of the schools choose to play "up" to AA. To Webbs credit, they schedule tough non league games and have agreed to play in Kickoff Classic which will earn them more respect than the state titles in A. They have an awesome football program.

Unfortunately I don't think you can point out one boy on the football team that was "recruited" for their raw, athletic ability. Every young man on that team must also meet, in addition to an exhausting football schedule, the same academic rigors that is expected of everyone else at that school.

I am glad that by playing up/up/up in 2011 Webb may be worthy of your esteem and respect. It will be an exciting game for everyone. :thumb: