Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

There are a lot of good football players at ETSU.Very few will make money at it and State is a great local school for our kids be at.It has to end at some point and playing in front of the big 8 crowds of sometimes 10 or 12 thousand is a pretty nice way to end their football days if they don't go on.Tallman was a beast at TH and I too wish him the best.

There are a lot of good football players at ETSU ???

So Colobro resigns from Sullivan East. So now the rumors are starting. The rumor i heard today is bringing him to DB. For what? Defense? Is Watson leaving? Clark? Anyone have any information or insight to this? How would this help us? I know he was successful at Gate City but this is a different league. What does he bring to the table to get us over the hump? Maybe a strength and conditioning program. Maybe some new blood even though its old blood could help. I would just like to know for sure. ??????????????????????????

Plus...Colobro will be the new Defensive Line coach at DB.

Plus... Kersey is gone, and not a minute to soon. That was a huge train wreck getting ready to happen. We dodged a bullet there.

Minus... We lost Lani Kavauki. Moved to Penn.

Yes.A whole lot of former high school players that decided to play other sports or just go to school where there is no longer a football program.Like Bradley Tallman from Tennessee High,He was the big 8 conference player of the year two years ago.You might not have been aware he was going to ETSU.I read that somewhere about him,but can't remember where.Now I remember !,it was two post before your smart post.

Here we go again. :)

Why must you put yourself through this. The reason I called you on it was this........Most of the world would think that when your talking about "good" football players going to college you would think they would go to a college that actually has a football program. Tallman should of went to U.VA. Wise of a school of that size if he wanted to play football. He's not a D1 player.

I don't know the schedule but I'd love to play Greeneville while they have a really good thing going.I don't see a lot of good by getting teams like Maryville on your schedule now with the way the TSSAA has it so screwed up.I'd like to play Gate city.It would be a huge game in this area.

Belive or not Science Hill opens up with Greenville

But he is a good football player and does go to ETSU if Comp is right.There are a lot of great athletes period that just wanted to go to school at ETSU.There's a guy over at ETSU that can take 500 off the bench without a spot and rep it.That's not very smart but it is very strong....Jeffs,Science Hill should be able to schedule Greeneville as a "give me" game with the athletes in Johnson City.I still think SH will be the team DB has to play it's best against in future years.Boone has got something good going as well.

Yada Yada Yada

When are you people going to give it up, talking about all these athletes in "Johnson" City, and how good their going to be ??? I've heard that crap for the past 15 years. Enough all ready.

One of the best athetes DB has had in the past few years came over from SH.One of the most dominate players to ever play high school football in Tennessee { Aubrayo Franlin }played at Science Hill during DB's win streak.Good luck has played a part in beating SH so many years in a roll.Better coaching hasn't hurt anything either.I remember one of the best teams DB has had in a half century just getting by a 5-5 Science Hill team in 2002.That big linebacker SH had in 2006 was a man on the field and we had some great players as well.DB was glad to beat that 6-5 SH team 14-0.It's just one of those games you can toss the records out and know your going to get the best that each team has.I hope DB never get's beat again by SH,but common sense will tell any fan that it's going to be harder with a good coach and system in place over in Johnson City.We have some athletes in Kingsport but they sure do have them as well at Science Hill.

Is that the best you can do? Im mean really. "good luck has played a part in in beating SH so many years in a row" NAME ONE YEAR THAT LUCK WON US A GAME OVER SCIENCE HILL. Im starting to think you are on drugs or something. Vol Hater.

One of the best athetes DB has had in the past few years came over from SH.One of the most dominate players to ever play high school football in Tennessee { Aubrayo Franlin }played at Science Hill during DB's win streak.Good luck has played a part in beating SH so many years in a roll.Better coaching hasn't hurt anything either.I remember one of the best teams DB has had in a half century just getting by a 5-5 Science Hill team in 2002.That big linebacker SH had in 2006 was a man on the field and we had some great players as well.DB was glad to beat that 6-5 SH team 14-0.It's just one of those games you can toss the records out and know your going to get the best that each team has.I hope DB never get's beat again by SH,but common sense will tell any fan that it's going to be harder with a good coach and system in place over in Johnson City.We have some athletes in Kingsport but they sure do have them as well at Science Hill.

Kingsport has had some great athletes too . . . But to me an easy comparison is, how does Science Hill compare to D-B in all sports? Science Hill does very well against you guys in basketball, baseball, wrestling, swimming and etc. Coaching has been the major down fall in football at SH. To me its obvious! Hopefully Carter and his "staff" will take us to the next level. Time will tell.