Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

I heard from a player today that if tys transcript is in good shape that wake forest is going to offer in the next day or so.

Happen to know how many other D1 schools might be in the hunt besides the Bearcats and Demon Deacons.Both those are close enough for me to catch a game in a year or two,but there are a few more options if they have enough sense to offer.

My schedule is not good for the Greeneville scrimmage but that should tell us very quick how our line is going to be this year.Probably the best defensive front we will see before Maryville.Hall is one of the best defensive ends that I have seen in a few years and they say he is pounding at fullback as well.I hope it is a game type layout to really give us a good look.

That should be a good preseason test for both teams. I like the fact that two of the best teams in this area are scrimmaging to get ready for the season. Playing DB and Maryville should let Greeneville know exactly where they stand early on and tell them what they need to work on.

I am also interested to see how the Hall and Shuffler combination works out for Greeneville. Hall gives Greeneville a very physical presence and Shuffler brings 4.38 speed. Stewart is also a strong running threat at QB as well. Playing a team like DB should really help work out the kinks.

Like you said, this game also gives DB the opportunity to go against a great defensive line and very good defense overall. This game should be very beneficial to both teams.

Happen to know how many other D1 schools might be in the hunt besides the Bearcats and Demon Deacons.Both those are close enough for me to catch a game in a year or two,but there are a few more options if they have enough sense to offer.

Vanderbilt and georgia tech are two others that are high up. i spoke to ty the other day and he said that vandy was only taking 2 more tackles but he said that he made such a good impression on the coaches that they might end up taking an inside lineman and if they did ty would be the one.

Any news on how the summer workouts are going ? I expect this to be the strongest overall offensive and defensive lines that we have had in years.Speed and strength will make up for a lot of things,but we have to always play smart as well.I've heard two different dates on the scrimmage at Greeneville.Anyone know for sure what day and time that one and the Halls scrimmage is ?

Edited by BatmanDB

Any news on how the summer workouts are going ? I expect this to be the strongest overall offensive and defensive lines that we have had in years.Speed and strength will make up for a lot of things,but we have to always play smart as well.I've heard two different dates on the scrimmage at Greeneville.Anyone know for sure what day and time that one and the Halls scrimmage is ?

How many years you going back? With the exception of Hayworth we will struggle to have a desent line this year. Hope they prove me wrong.

How many years you going back? With the exception of Hayworth we will struggle to have a desent line this year. Hope they prove me wrong.

Well,we had a starter on the offensive line that couldn't bench his weight two or three years ago.He weighed 185.I don't know how long they keep records at DB but most of the ones Hayworth broke are by recent players and we have not been very strong as a group in the last four or five years.We have had some very strong players but also a few that were not.So,it's easy to say Hayworth,Holt,Sensabaugh and Keller are a very good start to being stronger then many of the groups we have had for a while.

Edited by BatmanDB

Hey Comp, yep Trev is an Indian he played in the 7 on 7

Ok. So he played in the South program and left with a bad taste in his mouth toward the coaches(can't remember the Coach that got run off because of a situation with parents) then he transfers to North and now to D.B.??? What the heck is wrong about this situation?? And do we need something that's going to be a distraction?? I guess on second thought, Clark won't let anything hurt his team chemistry. If drama starts this time i guess he's run out of teams. Anybody know if he's got any talent and what position does he play. I know his dad was a linebacker at South and his Grandfather played linebacker for Carson Newman.

Ok. So he played in the South program and left with a bad taste in his mouth toward the coaches(can't remember the Coach that got run off because of a situation with parents) then he transfers to North and now to D.B.??? What the heck is wrong about this situation?? And do we need something that's going to be a distraction?? I guess on second thought, Clark won't let anything hurt his team chemistry. If drama starts this time i guess he's run out of teams. Anybody know if he's got any talent and what position does he play. I know his dad was a linebacker at South and his Grandfather played linebacker for Carson Newman.

Hey what position does this guy play ? I've also heard there was another transfer in not from around here, maybe a defensive back?