CLOUDLAND NOW 3-0

napaboys

yeah sometimes ol roy tries to force depth that isnt there. he wants to always go ten deap. on the other hand i always thought coach k needed to develope his bench more in the past.

Yeah in the 1st half Carolina was holding their own and then Roy subbed 5 new guys and went down 12, Didn't have a single scorer on the floor. I just don't get it. I doubt if Duke has as much natural talent as Carolina ,but they will beat the breaks off of um. Duke will walt through the ACC like Sherman went through Atlanta.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not boasting that cloudland is better than east. i think east will win their region and wish them luck. i had to throw in the barnes deal due to being a duke fan, getting two jabs for the price of one.

I think Cloudland and Hampton may be the two best teams (not counting Science Hill) in upper east TN regardless of classification. This is so awesome and I love both teams. I know one or the other is gonna represent us in the state this year. Hampton may very well have the tools to go all the way, but I think Cloudland is right on their heels and have the experience of performing better in tournaments. Should be an interesting year.

you must not know much about cross, from the paper he is about to hold almost every record at east, so to have a off game i don't think it would happen. he had 6 points before going down in the 1st. he also had 35 on crocket earlier in the day.

I watched the game with Cloudland. Cross started off hot then was injured.With him staying in the game I'm not sure we would have won?BUUTTT,If Cloudland had been fresh I don't think it would have mattered.His 35 against Crockett only helped them beat them by 7,8?.Same that we beat em. We are deaper than I thought,especially when Taylor gets back.This should be an interesting year in this conf. U.High, Unaka both will be a handful and then some.North Greene? Hampton's gotta be the favorite and after seeing us.......Lets just say when we play well and in sync we,re pretty tough.This bunch plays loose,not much bothers them. Got dunked on 3 time by the big kid from Crockett and while eveybody was standing roun admireing we had the ball in and back to the other end to answer a couple of 'em.They also play HARD and fast.Like I said....Interesting.......

Edited by Bluengoldblood

Yeah in the 1st half Carolina was holding their own and then Roy subbed 5 new guys and went down 12, Didn't have a single scorer on the floor. I just don't get it. I doubt if Duke has as much natural talent as Carolina ,but they will beat the breaks off of um. Duke will walt through the ACC like Sherman went through Atlanta.

Been a BIG UNC fan since I was small.....dont really understand Roy's thought process right now....maybe making a bit of a statement to his players?! :unsure:

They had alot of problems last year but I was sure that would change this season...only time will tell

I also watched the East vs Cloudland game, East and Cross started out with a quick 7-0 lead mainly because of a tired Cloudland defense. Take away all the offense rebounds and put backs from East, Cloudland wins by twenty. (with fresh legs and boxing out) Lets just say if East doesnt get Cross back they are in trouble, the others on that team can barely hit the backboard. Cloudland was tired and played a bad game and still found a way to win, thats what good teams DO! Should be a great year for basketball in east tennessee, esp with Cloudland and hampton beating up on the Sullivan schools and Tennessee High. And great games between Cloudland/ Hampton

....and on the HEELS, just give them time- they are young and it will all come together

I also watched the East vs Cloudland game, East and Cross started out with a quick 7-0 lead mainly because of a tired Cloudland defense. Take away all the offense rebounds and put backs from East, Cloudland wins by twenty. (with fresh legs and boxing out) Lets just say if East doesnt get Cross back they are in trouble, the others on that team can barely hit the backboard. Cloudland was tired and played a bad game and still found a way to win, thats what good teams DO! Should be a great year for basketball in east tennessee, esp with Cloudland and hampton beating up on the Sullivan schools and Tennessee High. And great games between Cloudland/ Hampton

....and on the HEELS, just give them time- they are young and it will all come together

Concerning UNC, I hope ur right!