HENDERSONVILLE @ RIDGEWAY

Newcastle

Your taking it the wrong way. I'm not saying that when your running back takes it to the house sheding defenders and outrunning everyone that its because you arent playing anyone. Im not even saying that we will be able to stop your fast RB's (seeing as really no one has). I'm just saying that hendersonville brings a different form of the game. They are smash mouth bring it down your throat with their wing t and play good defense. They still have some tricks up their sleeve and will have to play perfect and pull out all the stops.And the film on Youtube shows how agressive and good your D is as well as how great your QB and RBs are. It doesn'e lie. But hendersonville Runs a 5-2 defense that not many teams down in memphis are running (at least from the film I have watched). I am not trying to be an expert on football or bash Memphis at all. Ridgeway is a great team, maybe the best left in 5A. But its 11 v 11. And its the playoffs. Every Weeks a new week and you never know what team your going to get. I love being the underdog. Anything could happen.

It could be 50-14 Ridgeway. Or it could be 31-28 Hendersonville. You just never know.

And as far as basketball is concerned memphis holds it down. They have all kinds of talent. And im sure just about every AAA team in Memphis could beat HHS basketball.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a thing about Ridgeway other than what I have read on here all year. This game reminds me a lot of last year's Mitchell/Beech game. (9AAA team that wasn't necessarily expected to make it this far, but has had some things go their way and are peaking at the right time vs. an extremely athletic, fast Memphis team that can score in bunches). As a guy who's team has played HHS this year, here's my take on them. They will probably be the best defense that Ridgeway has faced all year. Front 7 is very big and aggressive. They run to the ball well and do a good job of gang tackling. I would expect RHS to have a difficult time running between the tackles. Their secondary is beatable as long as you can protect your qb from a very stiff pass rush. On O, they are very predictable and very basic in the wing-t. Having said that, even though they are no-frills offensively, they do a very good job at what they do. They will pound you with the fullback up the middle and get to the edge on the speed sweep. If they can run down hill on you and control time of possession, it can be a long night. On the other hand, if you can get up on them, I can see where they could struggle coming from behind. No real burners in the backfield or wideouts. Qb's arm is average, but good enough to hurt you if you get too focused on stopping the run.

I think the road trip to Memphis will make it tough on the Commandos. But if they can establish the running game and keep Ridgeway away from big plays, I think they can make reservations for Cookeville. I do think the winner of this game brings home the gold ball.

This is my take on HHS coming from a Beech guy. The Black and Gold posters may totally disagree with my assessment.

Good luck Commandos. Keep Sumner Co at the top in 5A.

Edited by tandem

I don't know a thing about Ridgeway other than what I have read on here all year. This game reminds me a lot of last year's Mitchell/Beech game. (9AAA team that wasn't necessarily expected to make it this far, but has had some things go their way and are peaking at the right time vs. an extremely athletic, fast Memphis team that can score in bunches). As a guy who's team has played HHS this year, here's my take on them.

They will probably be the best defense that Ridgeway has faced all year. Front 7 is very big and aggressive.

They run to the ball well and do a good job of gang tackling. I would expect RHS to have a difficult time running between the tackles. Their secondary is beatable as long as you can protect your qb from a very stiff pass rush. On O, they are very predictable and very basic in the wing-t. Having said that, even though they are no-frills offensively, they do a very good job at what they do. They will pound you with the fullback up the middle and get to the edge on the speed sweep. If they can run down hill on you and control time of possession, it can be a long night. On the other hand, if you can get up on them, I can see where they could struggle coming from behind. No real burners in the backfield or wideouts. Qb's arm is average, but good enough to hurt you if you get too focused on stopping the run.

I think the road trip to Memphis will make it tough on the Commandos. But if they can establish the running game and keep Ridgeway away from big plays, I think they can make reservations for Cookeville. I do think the winner of this game brings home the gold ball.

This is my take on HHS coming from a Beech guy. The Black and Gold posters may totally disagree with my assessment.

Good luck Commandos. Keep Sumner Co at the top in 5A.

Tandem.

Thanks for that excellent, unbiased insight about Hendersonville. :thumb:

---------------------------------

As for Hendersonville's defense being the best that Ridgeway has faced all year....I strongly disagree with you there, my friend!

The "best defense" honor EASILY goes to the WHITEHAVEN Tigers, Smyrna's next opponent! There is absolutely, positively no way that anybody can convince me that Hendersonville's defense is better than Whitehaven's.

As for Ridgeway....their running game and defense get all the press, but-- make no mistake about it, their passing game is equally lethal! They just don't have to use it very much.

Here's the thing about Ridgeway's Coach (unlike Mitchell's Coach....remember the 2008 Championship game vs Knoxville Catholic), once he finds something that's working, he CONTINUES to do it until the opponent demonstrates that they can stop it. For instance, if a particular component of the running game is gashing them....Coach Sutton might not call a single pass play -- he's gonna just keep isolating that particular weakness and ramming the ball down the opponent's throat. Nothing fancy, just straight up smash-mouth football with a double-dose of quickness and blazing speed!

No trickeration necessary.

Isolate and Exploit are the orders of the day, for Ridgeway football.

Edited by TraderB

Dear Commandon'tPride10,

I am a Henry County Patriot fan. Hendersonville plays cheap. They will lose Friday.

I would also like to know how Hendersonville plays cheap. I keep on hearing from fans and students, not players, that Hendersonville "eye gouges" and other nonsense. Please elaborate on this, because I would like to know how you came to figure this out.

Thank you.

Dear Commandon'tPride10,

I am a Henry County Patriot fan. Hendersonville plays cheap. They will lose Friday.

I think we're all interested to hear your explaination on how we play cheap.. I'm sure you said we would lose when we played against yall along with the majority BUT now you know what the Commandos are about. i dont agree with the whole Hendersonville playing cheap just because we beat yall. For any eye gouging crap thats not the first time its ever happened its football it happens man up and get yours!

I think we're all interested to hear your explaination on how we play cheap.. I'm sure you said we would lose when we played against yall along with the majority BUT now you know what the Commandos are about. i dont agree with the whole Hendersonville playing cheap just because we beat yall. For any eye gouging crap thats not the first time its ever happened its football it happens man up and get yours!

I'll jump in here and try to answer your question. First of all,as a Henry County fan, I was very impressed with your team and fans. The offensive and defensive lines were very good, much bigger and stronger than anyone we had faced. I think that alone was the difference in the game and gave Hendersonville the winning edge.However, the eye gouging episodes did occur. I personally saw both of the kid's eyes and they were scratched. Both were injured in the pile-up at the end of the play. One retaliated(stupidly and inexcuseably) and was ejected. He just happened to be our best defensive lineman.Of course, this could have occured unintentially but, in face of the prior warnings from Beech and Gallatin posters, I wonder.