Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

It is pretty comical...it actually almost brought this old man to tears. This can't be said EVERY year, but it is true MOST years...being the best team in Clarksville doesn't necessarily make you all that good. I must assume that the entire district, if not the whole state, is holding it's breath waiting for Kenwood to get those "2nd generation" players.

Compare apples to apples. Let's make a all county team from the Clarksville teams and play Henry County. That would be fair. All county vs all county. Would you put your fishing pole away long enough to see that game. I think it would be a pretty telling tale of the level of talent in Clarksville that is diluted by being spread over 7 county schools and 1 Private School. Oh, the 1 Private School (Clarksville Academcy) made it to the playoff and was beaten by JBHS who is in the semi's of the class A. The 7 County schools are:

Northeast

Northwest

Rossview

Clarksville High

West Creek

Kenwood

Mont Central

I am sure that you will say that it would be no contest with HC winning by 6 or 7 touchdowns. But I would be interested in seeing this nonetheless

Compare apples to apples. Let's make a all county team from the Clarksville teams and play Henry County. That would be fair. All county vs all county. Would you put your fishing pole away long enough to see that game. I think it would be a pretty telling tale of the level of talent in Clarksville that is diluted by being spread over 7 county schools and 1 Private School. Oh, the 1 Private School (Clarksville Academcy) made it to the playoff and was beaten by JBHS who is in the semi's of the class A. The 7 County schools are:

Northeast

Northwest

Rossview

Clarksville High

West Creek

Kenwood

Mont Central

I am sure that you will say that it would be no contest with HC winning by 6 or 7 touchdowns. But I would be interested in seeing this nonetheless

Commissh...while I love reading your posts and really enjoy you giving us another perspective on District 10-AAA...I really don't believe that "this year's" "all county" team from Montgomery County would be much better (if any) than either HC or Springfield. Rodrigez (QB from Clarksville)& Meriwether (RB from Clarksville) would be major factors on any team across the state and Rico Williams (all everything from Northeast) should be a Mr. Football candidate! West Creek has some very good talent on offense and there is one lineman that I remember from Kenwood who was a load! Yet, that being said, the youth of Clarksville are/and will be at a disadvantage due to the lack of middle school football unlike Dickson County, Henry County, and Springfield. Therefore, as interesting as your scenerio sounds..and as talented as many of these young men are; I doubt the result would be as compelling as we want to think it would be. On another note, I doubt that an "allstar team" combined of Montgomery Central AND Clarksville Academy could beat Clarksville High, Northeast, or maybe even Kenwood or West Creek....however, this is just my opinion and mine alone!

p.s. I wonder if we could expect a better gate on gamenight IF there was a combined Clarksville team??!! (visiting Clarksville gate that is)

Edited by QBClubPrez

Northeast

Northwest

Rossview

Clarksville High

West Creek

Kenwood

Mont Central

Henry County has a population of approximately 30,000 people. Clarksville alone has a population of over 100,000. That's not really a fair question. If we're speaking hypothetically, HC would get creamed, as would nearly anyone in the state if you assembled a team comprised of the, lets say, 60 best players from all the schools in Montgomery County combined, gave them a good coaching staff and allowed them to work together for a good amount of time. But I don't think anyone is doubting that there is talent, and defintitely some speed, in Clarksville. But when all that talent and speed is spread out across eight different high schools, with no sense of continuity whatsoever with all of the zoning, coupled with subpar coaching at times, it makes for a state of very inconsistent football in the city of Clarksville. Can we at least all agree on that?

Other names to watch for:

Jamari Curtis, Jamario White, Tre Cowans, Corvez Nored,Nathaniel Godbott,Michael Etheridge, and a bunch of big soph to be linemen that will mature , grow, and get stronger in the next 9 months.Big Red Faithful, we have a lot to look forward to!!!

GO BIG RED

Is Jamario White back? I know he moved a couple of years ago but haven't heard anything since. He was a heck of a player at Inman & on the HC 9th grade team before he moved.

Commissh...while I love reading your posts and really enjoy you giving us another perspective on District 10-AAA...I really don't believe that "this year's" "all county" team from Montgomery County would be much better (if any) than either HC or Springfield. Rodrigez (QB from Clarksville)& Meriwether (RB from Clarksville) would be major factors on any team across the state and Rico Williams (all everything from Northeast) should be a Mr. Football candidate! West Creek has some very good talent on offense and there is one lineman that I remember from Kenwood who was a load! Yet, that being said, the youth of Clarksville are/and will be at a disadvantage due to the lack of middle school football unlike Dickson County, Henry County, and Springfield. Therefore, as interesting as your scenerio sounds..and as talented as many of these young men are; I doubt the result would be as compelling as we want to think it would be. On another note, I doubt that an "allstar team" combined of Montgomery Central AND Clarksville Academy could beat Clarksville High, Northeast, or maybe even Kenwood or West Creek....however, this is just my opinion and mine alone!

You make an excellent point on the lack of Clarksville's Middle School development of football talent. The Coach at Springfield Middle has tried many, many times to get Richview and Rossview Middle to play us year in and year out but to no avail. We need those games to cut down on travel expense and develop some rivilry. Rossview has started to play us some recently on the Middle School level. Clarksville made a committment many years ago, when I was college, to go with Jr Pro level football and not concentrate on a strong Middle School program. In my opinion, it is hard to build programs off Jr Pro Programs because you are depending on volunteer coaches who aren't as well versed in how to coach or what to coach. Also, volunteers come-and-go (with their children) hired coaches stay and develop programs. You are probably right about this year's talent in Clarksville not being up to snuff enough to have an all-star team play Henry County. It just seems that Mont County is such a fertile area of talent and resources. You would think that with the facilities and talent that they have they would compete annually for State titles in football (like Rutherford County does). They have done well in other sports. Clarksville High has two former players in the NBA (Trenton Hassell, Shawn Marion), Clarksville High baseball made it to the Springfield fling last year. Clarksville High's wrestling team is a force to be reckon with year-in-year-out on the state level. Clarksville AC won State last year in Class A basketball. They just can't do it in Football. This is all I will say about Clarksville.

This is a thread about Henry County and I don't want to digress. This is fair to the passionate fans that Henry County has. If I want to talk Clarksville sports, I should start another thread.

Also I don't hate RW. I just tire of his negativity. He does know football and I respect his knowledge even though he feels I am an idiot and know nothing about the sport.

Henry County has a population of approximately 30,000 people. Clarksville alone has a population of over 100,000. That's not really a fair question. If we're speaking hypothetically, HC would get creamed, as would nearly anyone in the state if you assembled a team comprised of the, lets say, 60 best players from all the schools in Montgomery County combined, gave them a good coaching staff and allowed them to work together for a good amount of time. But I don't think anyone is doubting that there is talent, and defintitely some speed, in Clarksville. But when all that talent and speed is spread out across eight different high schools, with no sense of continuity whatsoever with all of the zoning, coupled with subpar coaching at times, it makes for a state of very inconsistent football in the city of Clarksville. Can we at least all agree on that?

Your are exactly right. It is a total waste of resources, quality facilities, and talent. I thought I was the only one who saw this. Montgomery County should compete annually on the same level as Rutherford County. I will say no more carry on Henry County. If Springfield can't win a State title next year for our district (and we won't) I hope you do.

Edited by TheCommissioner

Your are exactly right. It is a total waste of resources, quality facilities, and talent. I thought I was the only one who saw this. Montgomery County should compete annually on the same level as Rutherford County. I will say no more carry on Henry County. If Springfield can't win a State title next year for our district (and we won't) I hope you do.

Commissh...WE (all of us including the Red Warrior) hope that the Springfield/Henry County "rivalry" continues to grow!...Most of us would love to see it become as big as the Dickson County/Henry County game although..the DC/HC game has been played now for over 30 years! We CERTAINLY hope the whispers of Springfield "wanting" to move from District 10 to District 9 are silenced! We (District 10) need Springfield in not only football but in all sports to make our district much more competitive and compelling! We (all too well) understand the challenges of travel, low visitor attendence, and other complications of a 9 team district. Yet, we (for the most part) understand the advantages of a large district and hope that the Clarksville members continue to improve not only football but their entire athletic programs. As you mentioned..basketball, baseball, wrestling, and even soccer...the Clarksville schools can compete because it doesn't require a large, intial financial investment! Here's hoping West Creek, Clarksville, and Northeast can gain momentum from this year's success in football!

Commissh...WE (all of us including the Red Warrior) hope that the Springfield/Henry County "rivalry" continues to grow!...Most of us would love to see it become as big as the Dickson County/Henry County game although..the DC/HC game has been played now for over 30 years! We CERTAINLY hope the whispers of Springfield "wanting" to move from District 10 to District 9 are silenced! We (District 10) need Springfield in not only football but in all sports to make our district much more competitive and compelling! We (all too well) understand the challenges of travel, low visitor attendence, and other complications of a 9 team district. Yet, we (for the most part) understand the advantages of a large district and hope that the Clarksville members continue to improve not only football but their entire athletic programs. As you mentioned..basketball, baseball, wrestling, and even soccer...the Clarksville schools can compete because it doesn't require a large, intial financial investment! Here's hoping West Creek, Clarksville, and Northeast can gain momentum from this year's success in football!

Being in politics, I hear it from the public about “why can’t we be like Henry County?†Henry County and Robertson County are basically the same size both roughly 60,000 people. You have one (1) county high school. We on the other hand have five (5) (White House Heritage, Jo Bryns, East Robertson, Greenbrier, and Springfield). This cuts our taxes dollar pie into too many pieces. With taxes split so many ways that affects/effects too many variables to mention here. This decision (for community schools) was made many, many years ago and we now must live with it. Although for all its downside there is also upsides to this plan as well. More students get to compete in ALL areas with more schools. Because of our diluting of resources, talent and coaching because of community schools, I feel that Springfield won’t be able to compete on the gridiron year-in-year-out with Henry County BUT we will have some years that we can (like this year for instance). Enough of that let’s have you talk Henry County football and I will read about it and the Warrior can call me a whiner again for stating facts as I see them

You make an excellent point on the lack of Clarksville's Middle School development of football talent. The Coach at Springfield Middle has tried many, many times to get Richview and Rossview Middle to play us year in and year out but to no avail. We need those games to cut down on travel expense and develop some rivilry. Rossview has started to play us some recently on the Middle School level. Clarksville made a committment many years ago, when I was college, to go with Jr Pro level football and not concentrate on a strong Middle School program. In my opinion, it is hard to build programs off Jr Pro Programs because you are depending on volunteer coaches who aren't as well versed in how to coach or what to coach. Also, volunteers come-and-go (with their children) hired coaches stay and develop programs. You are probably right about this year's talent in Clarksville not being up to snuff enough to have an all-star team play Henry County. It just seems that Mont County is such a fertile area of talent and resources. You would think that with the facilities and talent that they have they would compete annually for State titles in football (like Rutherford County does). They have done well in other sports. Clarksville High has two former players in the NBA (Trenton Hassell, Shawn Marion), Clarksville High baseball made it to the Springfield fling last year. Clarksville High's wrestling team is a force to be reckon with year-in-year-out on the state level. Clarksville AC won State last year in Class A basketball. They just can't do it in Football. This is all I will say about Clarksville.

This is a thread about Henry County and I don't want to digress. This is fair to the passionate fans that Henry County has. If I want to talk Clarksville sports, I should start another thread.

Also I don't hate RW. I just tire of his negativity. He does know football and I respect his knowledge even though he feels I am an idiot and know nothing about the sport.

Clarksville has MUCH talent and athletic ability in their system. The problem there is that the administration of Montgomery County truly doesn't care about athletics, and the administration in each high school generally follows their lead. I do NOT think you to be an idiot...but some posters on here are lower than that.

Clarksville has MUCH talent and athletic ability in their system. The problem there is that the administration of Montgomery County truly doesn't care about athletics, and the administration in each high school generally follows their lead. I do NOT think you to be an idiot...but some posters on here are lower than that.

too your point on administrations. Look at what is happening at West Creek now with the dismissal of their coach after two season. He got them to the playoffs with a two year program. When administration makes public moves like this one can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes on a daily basis.