Henry County Patriots in 2011

QBClubPrez

It is quite funny that now the Henry County fans are starting to see The Red Warrior for what he is, a complete idiot! The more he talks the more he makes that great program look bad. I think he needs to put down the Play Station football video game that makes him feel he is a former great coach, and come back to the real world or visit a doctor at his age and take the happy pill to correct his mental embalance! Please The Red Whining Warrior, stop whining! I am thinking you are the Springfield coach trying to get everyone wound up to get a thrill hiding behind your screen name!

You have been called out several times, still won't meet anyone, and need to go to Wal-Mart and by some Imodium AD Extra Strength for that diarrhea that comes out of your mouth daily!

You are an utter embarrassment to the rest of your coaching staff and to your team. As a former coach, I am asking you to please never post again. You are apparently not even smart enough to be embarrassed for yourself...so I am embarrassed for you. This is truly very sad. Please just focus on your team and stay off of the message boards.

Funny that several of those average coaches have moved to other counties and found great success. I can personally count 5-6 that have state championships within 2 years leaving the Montgomery County System. The greatest of them all is Todd Hodd, now at Clarksville Academy, has 3 state championship rings. So this coaching at best learns here dealing with all the political crap, and moves on to win at programs that care. You truly dont know anything.

You prove my point. The Montgomery County administration can't keep good coaches. If they luck up and actually land a good one, he will leave because ANY pasture is likely greener. Clarksville athletes are VERY good. The problem is that the administration at ALL levels doesn't support athletics in the county...and it shows. I truly know a LOT!

First of all, if I knew that we had to stop the midline, I would NEVER run a 4-3 against it, unless we ran a pair of 2 techniques to take away their read. When we ran the midline we preferred not to see an odd front, so that tells me something when I think about trying to stop it. Coverage in high school should ALWAYS be dictated by your athletes. The important thing is what they do best, what they are most comfortable doing, and then what makes the most sense. You know about the MLB and his responsibilty against the midline. That question is insulting. I never felt comfortable in a Cover 2 versus trips. We were usually a MTM team, but also played some Cover 3 against it. Cover 2 can be utilized, but it's not my preference.

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me and everyone else on this board that if you were a 4-3 team and had to face the midline that you would CHANGE your defense for that week? Is that what you are saying??? OK. And you are telling me you wouldn't run the midline vs. an odd front? Why not? I've seen it ran very successful vs. odd fronts. I can see how an even front would give you better angles and easier reads, but it can be good vs. an odd front as well. "That question is insulting" is an easy way to NOT ANSWER A QUESTION. The same thing you said to many people on this forum about the tougher schedule question. You said they wouldn't answer the question. Now you won't answer a question. I guess your trips coverage would depend on what passes you had to stop. I kinda understand that.

If you or anybody else is wondering why I am busting your chops, the reason is simple. I defended some of your posts earlier, and said after 30 years of coaching you had earned the right to speak your mind. But, the comment about no one knowing as much football as you ticked me off. The comment made you sound more like an arrogant yankee instead of a southern high school football coach.

You apparently don't understand as much as you think you do. Anyone who has coached knows that even if you base out of a 4-3, you have the capabilities to adjust to a 3-4, and other odd fronts. My point is that if the midline is an integral part of the opposing attack, I would never show them a true 4-3 look, because it's simply too easy to attack (at least that's what we thought from the offensive side). You must admit that most posters on these forums know very little REAL football. I guess you are the exception. I apologize for making you angry and coming across so arrogant. I have always lived in the South, and have barely even visited the North.

You apparently don't understand as much as you think you do. Anyone who has coached knows that even if you base out of a 4-3, you have the capabilities to adjust to a 3-4, and other odd fronts. My point is that if the midline is an integral part of the opposing attack, I would never show them a true 4-3 look, because it's simply too easy to attack (at least that's what we thought from the offensive side). You must admit that most posters on these forums know very little REAL football. I guess you are the exception. I apologize for making you angry and coming across so arrogant. I have always lived in the South, and have barely even visited the North.

I don't understand as much as I think I do. No, I don't understand your answer, because you haven't answered the question. Nevermind. Here's another question. In your opion, what makes the 4-3 defense so easy to attack?

How would you attack it?

And, no I don't admit that most posters on these forums know very little real football. Most posters on this forum are just good fans and generate excitment for BIG RED football. So don't insult them by saying they are fools, stupid, or even ignorant about football. It is a Game. The best game. And fans, right or wrong with their opions, help make it the BEST game.

So, once again... ANSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand as much as I think I do. No, I don't understand your answer, because you haven't answered the question. Nevermind. Here's another question. In your opion, what makes the 4-3 defense so easy to attack?

How would you attack it?

And, no I don't admit that most posters on these forums know very little real football. Most posters on this forum are just good fans and generate excitment for BIG RED football. So don't insult them by saying they are fools, stupid, or even ignorant about football. It is a Game. The best game. And fans, right or wrong with their opions, help make it the BEST game.

Red, I think you are being a little unfair with your questions to RW.IMO,any approach to defensive sets would be affected by personnel. For example, if you have "killer" down linemen and an unblockable linebacker such as Reco Williams at Northeast, your approach might be different than if you have less skilled defenders.

Football success is dependent on matchups: how offensive personnel perform against defensive personnel.Unless you pose your question with specific matchups, it is pretty difficult to answer.

GO BIG RED

How would you attack it?

First of all, since you are such an angry man, I will explain the answer to your initial question. Against a 4-3, the midline will be run to the three technique, who will be unblocked. He better sgueeze down and take the dive. If he doesn't squeeze, the QB will give the FB the ball. The MLB will scrape for the QB...at least that's what we always did. I learned one thing for sure in coaching...there are lots of ways to do EVERYTHING! I would love to be an option team if my opponent ran a 4-3. It is susceptible to the triple option and the midline option. If I am running a power attack, I would attack the bubbles or soft spots that are right in front of me at the LOS. The 4-3 is what we loved to face. The bottom line however, is who has the better players. Those so called "soft spots" aren't so soft when the defenders are stud athletes and tough football players. Being a good football fan doesn't make that fan "football smart". Many of them say stupid things on here that makes it all too obvious about that their football knowledge is more than lacking. That doesn't mean they are bad fans...it just means that they know nothing about the real guts of this game. You need to remember that this is the holiday season and get over your anger at me. I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

Red, I think you are being a little unfair with your questions to RW.IMO,any approach to defensive sets would be affected by personnel. For example, if you have "killer" down linemen and an unblockable linebacker such as Reco Williams at Northeast, your approach might be different than if you have less skilled defenders.

Football success is dependent on matchups: how offensive personnel perform against defensive personnel.Unless you pose your question with specific matchups, it is pretty difficult to answer.

GO BIG RED

You are correct olddevil. He seems to be an angry man. I tried to answer his questions, but the answers are not 100% of the time. It does depend upon personnel, game plans, etc. I will say to you, what I have said to a few others...be careful coming to my defense...others will turn on you immediately. I am despised on here, even by HC fans. I really don't totally understand it, but it is a fact.

You are correct olddevil. He seems to be an angry man. I tried to answer his questions, but the answers are not 100% of the time. It does depend upon personnel, game plans, etc. I will say to you, what I have said to a few others...be careful coming to my defense...others will turn on you immediately. I am despised on here, even by HC fans. I really don't totally understand it, but it is a fact.

RW...like the Olddevil...I too was thinking what the 'Devil posted! I figured since some time had elapsed since the original question was asked by "an angry Rolling Red" that you were traveling during the Thanksgiving week! During this time, I too was wondering isn't it more about that "Jimmys and the Joes" in that scenerio (especially high school) instead of the X's and the O's!? True to form...I often think like the Olddevil!

I hope you (RW), the 'Devil, an angry Rolling Red, the Commissioner, Drewcephus, the Yanker, the Prophet, even Kevin38, and theydontcare, and everyone else who frequent the Patriot threads on Coacht have had and will continue to have a wonderful Thanksgiving Week! We in Henry County have much to be thankful when it comes to high school football! Many will remember when it was hard to find anything to be thankful for!!

Edited by QBClubPrez

RW...like the Olddevil...I too was thinking what the 'Devil posted! I figured since some time had elapsed since the original question was asked by "an angry Rolling Red" that you were traveling during the Thanksgiving week! During this time, I too was wondering isn't it more about that "Jimmys and the Joes" in that scenerio (especially high school) instead of the X's and the O's!? True to form...I often think like the Olddevil!

I hope you (RW), the 'Devil, an angry Rolling Red, the Commissioner, Drewcephus, the Yanker, the Prophet, even Kevin38, and theydontcare, and everyone else who frequent the Patriot threads on Coacht have had and will continue to have a wonderful Thanksgiving Week! We in Henry County have much to be thankful when it comes to high school football! Many will remember when it was hard to find anything to be thankful for!!

The team with the better players will win most of the time with no regard to the defense or offense that their team runs. However, the most successful coaches will put his players in the defense and offense that best suits his personnel. Be careful Prez...being civil with me will bring about attacks from the "RW Haters"!

The team with the better players will win most of the time with no regard to the defense or offense that their team runs. However, the most successful coaches will put his players in the defense and offense that best suits his personnel. Be careful Prez...being civil with me will bring about attacks from the "RW Haters"!

Don't worry about the Prez...there are plenty of fans and posters that don't appreciate me either! As a former coach, I'm sure you're even more immune to it than even I am! I enjoy gleaning the wisdom that you and Olddevil leave for we "less veteran" football fans! Remember, there is no "upcoming opponent" to argue back and forth with...thus many must have someone to quarrel with...you must seem like the obvious choice! The closer we get to Spring practice...I expect they will find better topics to discuss!

Don't worry about the Prez...there are plenty of fans and posters that don't appreciate me either! As a former coach, I'm sure you're even more immune to it than even I am! I enjoy gleaning the wisdom that you and Olddevil leave for we "less veteran" football fans! Remember, there is no "upcoming opponent" to argue back and forth with...thus many must have someone to quarrel with...you must seem like the obvious choice! The closer we get to Spring practice...I expect they will find better topics to discuss!

Many of our family members came to us, although we did drive to Memphis for part of the day. I will be out of commission for a while because, against my better judgment, I will drive my wife to Memphis to meet some of my grandchildren and do some Christmas shopping. Can you imagine doing that TODAY? Oh well, my great wife did what was good for me while I coached, so now I will do what she wants for a change. Occasionally she reads what I have to say on here, and she is quick to scold me for certain things that I say (my detractors should like that). As you can notice, her scoldings have little effect. Have a good day Prez.

First of all, since you are such an angry man, I will explain the answer to your initial question. Against a 4-3, the midline will be run to the three technique, who will be unblocked. He better sgueeze down and take the dive. If he doesn't squeeze, the QB will give the FB the ball. The MLB will scrape for the QB...at least that's what we always did. I learned one thing for sure in coaching...there are lots of ways to do EVERYTHING! I would love to be an option team if my opponent ran a 4-3. It is susceptible to the triple option and the midline option. If I am running a power attack, I would attack the bubbles or soft spots that are right in front of me at the LOS. The 4-3 is what we loved to face. The bottom line however, is who has the better players. Those so called "soft spots" aren't so soft when the defenders are stud athletes and tough football players. Being a good football fan doesn't make that fan "football smart". Many of them say stupid things on here that makes it all too obvious about that their football knowledge is more than lacking. That doesn't mean they are bad fans...it just means that they know nothing about the real guts of this game. You need to remember that this is the holiday season and get over your anger at me. I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

Thank you for finally answering the question. I agree with your answer concerning the MLB vs. the midline. The question was not unfair. It said if you were running a 4-3 what would the MLB do vs. the midline. It was simply asked to see about the extent of football knowledge RW had. When he danced around answering the question, I kept pressing. Off. and def. schemes do depend on your personel, but if you got good players, you better coach them like you would a bad player. Right???

Hope you all had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

And take care.